Grey Knight Terminator Idea

Ichar

With all Space Marine, Eldar, and (possibly) Tyranid armies getting drop pod style rules, would it make Terminators worth their points or more attractive to allow a set number of units to use T1 teleport strike as if they were drop pods? Maybe 1 unit in patrol, 2 units in Strike Force, 3 in Onslaught? Even if it was extra points or a stratagem, it would give Terminators more of a reason to be used. What do you think?

I could see that being a stratagem for GK Terminators/ Paladins -1cp for 5 models/ 2 Cp fo 10 models.  Grey Knight Terminator Squad or Grey Knight Paladin Squad set up in Strategic Reserve can Deep strike Turn 1 following all other normal rules restrictions. 

• 4 weeks later...
I doubt that this is going to happen. I truly believe that this edition is not going to last. Theses codex’s that are being released are overturned with rule sets that can’t be fixed with a points increase or an FAQ. What they need to do is scrap this edition admit their mistakes and try and start over. The rule sets seem fine but the codex’s are just out of control. When they released codex space marines, necrons, and death guard they had play but weren’t way out of bounds, fast forward to codex druhkari and admech, they had to do a course correction and pounded admech into the ground. I would say that druhkari are still a nasty army. Next we had Tsons (cry) and GK. For a bit GK was doing well and even with the fact they are one of the few armies that do not have a baked in buff from a chapter bonus, but they were ok. Then we got GSC and Custodes, not played into GSC enough but Custodes are super powered. Now we have tau and aldari. Both of these books have serious issues that are damaging the game. When you go to an event and over half the competition is running 4 of the most broken armies I’ve ever seen, I question to myself why am I here? I understand some people will say well you go to meet people and have fun. I beg to differ you go to a tournament to win or at least compete but when you playing an army that you have to perfect and your opponent can basically sleep and play. Then there’s an issue.

Theses codex’s that are being released are overturned with rule sets that can’t be fixed with a points increase or an FAQ. What they need to do is scrap this edition admit their mistakes and try and start over.

I mean, they can be fixed with points and FAQs, but GW seems to not have the will or desire to do so properly (ie, their update cycle is still trash, just...better than previous editions used to be).

I do agree that they need to scrap the edition/Codexes and work on their mistakes. AP proliferation is absolutely terrible and one of the reasons why power creep in 9th is so bad, particularly for Marines of all stripes.

Tone down AP across the board to make saves relevant again; reduction the number and outright power of Stratagems in favour of giving units the ability to do things that they couldn't normally do (eg, no +1 to Wound for X unit; more stuff like C:SM Guerrilla Tactics to redeploy a unit in the following turn); reduce the sheer volume of 4++ saves to stop the game being comprised of 90% coinflip saves. Those steps would go a long way to making things less obnoxious, though there's a lot of stuff to sort out.

I'm going to a tournament in October and gonna go with Grey Knights: I would quite like something like the OP's suggestion since I want to take a Paladin brick (with Truesilver and Zone of Warding, they're basically as tough as Custodes anyway) because I like Terminators, even if they're not the best choice. But I doubt we'll see much of a meta shift by then. More likely it'll be that Tyranids join the Tau/Custodes/Harlequins domination and maybe Knights start to show up more with even more ridiculous rules.

I am trying a terminator list out that I watched a guy do pretty well with. It is wired but I believe has some play

MW Libby

Draigo

GMNDK

X3 5 man strikes

1 10man terminator unit

Apothecary

Dreadnought cow/melta

X3 NDK

Preservers Brotherhood

Give the dreadnought the power up ability

And mix and match to taste