Where can I get a load of corvus beaky helmets?

I want to sprinkle a number of Mk 6 Corvus helms among my Chaos marines. I don't want to buy piles of tactical squad boxes just to scavenge a few beakie helms from their sprues, so short of waiting for the rumoured Mk 6 marines with the new Horus Heresy box, anyone have any suggestions for sources of Corvus helms that aren't being sold at an outrageous mark-up?

I think the newest Tactical nets 3 of them, Assault or Vanguard squad should provide a couple as well but of course it's hardly an economical solution. I once bought online a damaged squad with a botched painting for a few bucks just to retrieve the 2 precious Beakies (and cannibalize weapons as well). Sites selling bits may work, I've seen Mk6s there for around 1-2$. You may just choose to have them 3d printed; you can surely find readily available files free of charge or at a small cost.

I had a gander at those but I don't think I'd be able to file off the Raven-Guard-yness of them without bodging it up, tbh.

I think the newest Tactical nets 3 of them, Assault or Vanguard squad should provide a couple as well but of course it's hardly an economical solution. I once bought online a damaged squad with a botched painting for a few bucks just to retrieve the 2 precious Beakies (and cannibalize weapons as well). Sites selling bits may work, I've seen Mk6s there for around 1-2$. You may just choose to have them 3d printed; you can surely find readily available files free of charge or at a small cost.

Yeah, there's some up on Ebay but I've struggled to find ones that aren't in the US or charging grotesque mark-ups. Do you know of any good bits sites in the UK or EU?

3d printing might be an idea. Will have to see if there's anyone printing in the area I'm moving to. I've talked with my wife about maybe getting a printer for ourselves but I don't think I can justify the outlay just yet :P

Ask local marine players, most will have tons laying about. If you lived in the UK I could probably sort you some myself with all the crap me and my mates have. 

Good idea! I'm currently in the process of moving from the UK to Poland, bouncing back and forth between Bristol and Wroclaw every few weeks to get things sorted. I haven't connected with the 40k gamers here in Wroclaw yet though - feel a bit embarrassed by the idea when I don't yet speak decent Polish :p

I had a gander at those but I don't think I'd be able to file off the Raven-Guard-yness of them without bodging it up, tbh.

Yeah, there's some up on Ebay but I've struggled to find ones that aren't in the US or charging grotesque mark-ups. Do you know of any good bits sites in the UK or EU?

3d printing might be an idea. Will have to see if there's anyone printing in the area I'm moving to. I've talked with my wife about maybe getting a printer for ourselves but I don't think I can justify the outlay just yet :tongue.:

Ask local marine players, most will have tons laying about. If you lived in the UK I could probably sort you some myself with all the crap me and my mates have. 

Good idea! I'm currently in the process of moving from the UK to Poland, bouncing back and forth between Bristol and Wroclaw every few weeks to get things sorted. I haven't connected with the 40k gamers here in Wroclaw yet though - feel a bit embarrassed by the idea when I don't yet speak decent Polish :tongue.:

A lot speak English anyway, if you speak any Russian that may help as well. 

As for the heads, Ill have a word with a few people and see what we can dig up for you. :thumbsup:

Talk to Doghouse about printers, Im looking at one of the cheaper models done by the same brand as his one and a 2nd hand one will set you back about 80 quid. 

Edited by Slave to Darkness

• 2 weeks later...

Couple of 3d printed sources. Red Warden Miniatures has a lot, including the skulls beakies of the raven guard and some beakies with spikes and such, and millstone foundries does one as well, as do a few others.

I'm doing mostly beakies for my Primaris Dark Angels!

Edited by Marshall Mittens

• 2 weeks later...

I often use bitsandkits.co.uk, even though the site is clunky. Beaky bits sell out fast - need to get on the mailing list for restock notifications. Still £1.15 or more for a beaky helmet, plus delivery, but there are often sales.

Once the new Heresy kit arrives, I might have some spare - I have hoarded some Mk iv helms and shoulders - if the scale and join is ok I’m going to have a squad in a kind of hybrid mark to fit in better with my current models.

• 4 weeks later...