Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Where can I get a load of corvus beaky helmets?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

acrozatarim

acrozatarim

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 32 posts

I want to sprinkle a number of Mk 6 Corvus helms among my Chaos marines. I don't want to buy piles of tactical squad boxes just to scavenge a few beakie helms from their sprues, so short of waiting for the rumoured Mk 6 marines with the new Horus Heresy box, anyone have any suggestions for sources of Corvus helms that aren't being sold at an outrageous mark-up?

Jolemai

Jolemai

++ CERDONIS CÆDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 15,316 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels
https://www.forgewor...ads-Upgrade-Set

Is this suitable?

gallery_62972_14467_5178.jpggallery_62972_14467_1351.jpggallery_48988_15094_4929.pnggallery_62972_14467_2702.jpggallery_48988_15094_2403.pnggallery_62972_14467_4151.jpggallery_62972_14467_3390.jpg

Blogs Blood Angels | Veritas Vitae | Battle Reports | Terrain | IXth Legion | Miscellaneous Imperials | Delaque | Daemons
1000 Scout list W:1 D:0 L:1
1250 Death Company List (jump) W:1 D:0 L:0
1500 Light Mech List W:0 D:0 L:2 | Dreadnought List W:2 D:0 L:2
1750 Hybrid List W:0 D:0 L:0
1850 Death Company List (mech) W:0 D:0 L:0
2000 Heavy Mech List W:0 D:0 L:2 | Two Towers List W:4 D:0 L:8
Apocalypse W:1 D:0 L:0 | Heresy 2500 Mechanised IXth W:2 D:1 L:0

Lautrec the Embraced

Lautrec the Embraced

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 209 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords

I think the newest Tactical nets 3 of them, Assault or Vanguard squad should provide a couple as well but of course it's hardly an economical solution. I once bought online a damaged squad with a botched painting for a few bucks just to retrieve the 2 precious Beakies (and cannibalize weapons as well). Sites selling bits may work, I've seen Mk6s there for around 1-2$. You may just choose to have them 3d printed; you can surely find readily available files free of charge or at a small cost.

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,363 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard

Ask local marine players, most will have tons laying about. If you lived in the UK I could probably sort you some myself with all the crap me and my mates have. 

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

"If you mean, "Are we all going to get killed?" Yes. Clearly, Guilliman is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to the Cicatrix." Captain Blackadder

acrozatarim

acrozatarim

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 32 posts

I had a gander at those but I don't think I'd be able to file off the Raven-Guard-yness of them without bodging it up, tbh.

I think the newest Tactical nets 3 of them, Assault or Vanguard squad should provide a couple as well but of course it's hardly an economical solution. I once bought online a damaged squad with a botched painting for a few bucks just to retrieve the 2 precious Beakies (and cannibalize weapons as well). Sites selling bits may work, I've seen Mk6s there for around 1-2$. You may just choose to have them 3d printed; you can surely find readily available files free of charge or at a small cost.

Yeah, there's some up on Ebay but I've struggled to find ones that aren't in the US or charging grotesque mark-ups. Do you know of any good bits sites in the UK or EU?

3d printing might be an idea. Will have to see if there's anyone printing in the area I'm moving to. I've talked with my wife about maybe getting a printer for ourselves but I don't think I can justify the outlay just yet :P

Ask local marine players, most will have tons laying about. If you lived in the UK I could probably sort you some myself with all the crap me and my mates have. 

Good idea! I'm currently in the process of moving from the UK to Poland, bouncing back and forth between Bristol and Wroclaw every few weeks to get things sorted. I haven't connected with the 40k gamers here in Wroclaw yet though - feel a bit embarrassed by the idea when I don't yet speak decent Polish :P

Brother Chaplain Kage

Brother Chaplain Kage

++ SACERDOS UMBRA ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 8,203 posts
  • Faction: VIII Legion - Crimson Sons

Got a friend with a 3d printer?

YHQ9G1O.png

• Firedrake Cordova likes this

dVIGLrG.pngFPVd6je.pngQiZFXmD.png

Hope is the first step to despair.

Check out my Instagram for other stuff I can't post here.

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,363 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard

I had a gander at those but I don't think I'd be able to file off the Raven-Guard-yness of them without bodging it up, tbh.

Yeah, there's some up on Ebay but I've struggled to find ones that aren't in the US or charging grotesque mark-ups. Do you know of any good bits sites in the UK or EU?

3d printing might be an idea. Will have to see if there's anyone printing in the area I'm moving to. I've talked with my wife about maybe getting a printer for ourselves but I don't think I can justify the outlay just yet tongue.png

Good idea! I'm currently in the process of moving from the UK to Poland, bouncing back and forth between Bristol and Wroclaw every few weeks to get things sorted. I haven't connected with the 40k gamers here in Wroclaw yet though - feel a bit embarrassed by the idea when I don't yet speak decent Polish tongue.png

A lot speak English anyway, if you speak any Russian that may help as well. 

As for the heads, Ill have a word with a few people and see what we can dig up for you. thumbsup.gif

Talk to Doghouse about printers, Im looking at one of the cheaper models done by the same brand as his one and a 2nd hand one will set you back about 80 quid. 

Edited by Slave to Darkness, 23 March 2022 - 05:54 PM.

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

"If you mean, "Are we all going to get killed?" Yes. Clearly, Guilliman is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to the Cicatrix." Captain Blackadder

NiceGuyAdi

NiceGuyAdi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 511 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard
Late to the party here, but have you seen that MkVI kits are coming to Horus Heresy in plastic, so that’s an all beakie kit?

https://www.warhamme...d-at-adepticon/

HHotH_NiceGuyAdi.jpg?raw=1ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifTalonsReach_Medallion.jpg?raw=1

16 Years Lost in the Eye - my Raven Guard WIP

The Chosen Sons - a homebrew Primaris Chapter

NiceGuyAdi

NiceGuyAdi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 511 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard
To add to my last, there was almost immediately a full set of pics on WarCom:

https://www.warhamme...tactical-squad/

HHotH_NiceGuyAdi.jpg?raw=1ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei01.gifTalonsReach_Medallion.jpg?raw=1

16 Years Lost in the Eye - my Raven Guard WIP

The Chosen Sons - a homebrew Primaris Chapter

Marshall Mittens

Marshall Mittens

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 632 posts
Couple of 3d printed sources. Red Warden Miniatures has a lot, including the skulls beakies of the raven guard and some beakies with spikes and such, and millstone foundries does one as well, as do a few others.

I'm doing mostly beakies for my Primaris Dark Angels!

Edited by Marshall Mittens, 11 April 2022 - 12:36 AM.

sml_gallery_94427_17329_1037.jpgsml_gallery_94427_17329_1754.jpg

LameBeard

LameBeard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 921 posts
  • Pronouns:he/him
I often use bitsandkits.co.uk, even though the site is clunky. Beaky bits sell out fast - need to get on the mailing list for restock notifications. Still £1.15 or more for a beaky helmet, plus delivery, but there are often sales.

Once the new Heresy kit arrives, I might have some spare - I have hoarded some Mk iv helms and shoulders - if the scale and join is ok I’m going to have a squad in a kind of hybrid mark to fit in better with my current models.

Kyknos of Athena

Kyknos of Athena

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 873 posts
  • Faction: Twilight Wardens

Pop goes the Monkey sells sets of ten "Mark VI`s", which are very close to the original.

Link: https://popgoesthemo...6-beaks-helmets

formerly: LordVelype

"I am starting to find you rather hot, mortal... wub.gif "

Shewhothirsts, to Kyknos of Athena

IA: Twilight Wardens http://www.bolterand...ilight-wardens/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users