Xana II Thallax Test Model (Painted!)

Trying out a little experiment, here. With the new Horus Heresy just around the corner, I really wanted to get cracking back on my models. However, I think I'd like to wait on my Word Bearers for a while until we start seeing more pictures of what will be coming out in plastic.

With that in mind, I've been mulling about with different ideas for what to do with my Mechanicum allies. I want something that feels sinister, something that will compliment my Word Bearers, but also have a nice contrast of color.

With that in mind, I've been considering Xana II as the homeworld of my Taghmata forces. I really dig the fact that they have a bear skull as their sigil and I thought it might be more interesting to try and replace many of the skulls and heads in my Taghmata with different animal skulls. I also think the bright bone will be a nice contrast for my arterial crimson Word Bearers.

So, here's a little test model for a conversion idea I've had for a while with my Thallax. I would really appreciate the feedback, gents. I'm gonna try and see if I can whip up a paint job on this guy in the coming days. Wanna pick up a Legio Titanicus 'Legio Mortis' transfer sheet so I can use the House Malinax transfers for my boys.

WndZFYB.jpg

Mjp16SO.jpg

XbZcet7.jpg

Edited by Noctus Cornix

Not sold on the skull placement tbh and I could take or leave the pauldron shield thing. Everything else is bangin tho. Nice work.

Please explain what you mean by 'skull placement'.

The skulls you have on the cable seem a bit out of place imo. The others totally work

It's fair to say I absolutely love this: the Dark Mech/Xana vibe is something that definitely appeals, and I think you've really captured it here.

Can't wait to see what else emerges :thumbsup:.

Forgot to post this here, but I managed to whip up a quick paintjob on this fella. It's not completely done and certainly could use some refinement, but I'm pretty happy with how he came out! Lemme know what you get think, yeah?

H2GmGxb.jpg

pIo4RUW.jpg

aMXLTDy.jpg

LFurIyV.jpg

aAMDd8v.jpg

3s3OxRq.jpg