Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New Renegade Knights

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Goreshed

Goreshed

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 626 posts

Alright so we have two new sexy as warp models coming our way.

Here

and

Here

On top of a brand new codex which promises to be deadlier than ever. Anyone else pumped for this? I know CSM is slated to be following closely behind it but I cant help but feel pumped for these two new models and a brand new dex.

Edited by Goreshed, 26 March 2022 - 05:38 AM.

• Xin Ceithan likes this

ETL_2016_Banner_04_Primus_Inter_Pares.jpgallery_29004_9303_844.png ETL_Medal_01.gifgallery_29004_12090_2245.pngETL_2016_Badge_11_Collegia_Titanicus.jpg

Valkia the Bloody

Valkia the Bloody

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 334 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords

I am actually pretty excited for this. I think they look awesome and would make great additions to my Chaos army.

I am very tempted to get the army box.

• Rubric brother likes this

sml-gallery-48988-16308-4210.png      gallery_30308_9518_2576.jpg    gallery_94427_17329_120.jpg   gallery-48988-15094-2398.png   gallery-48988-15094-2677.png  gallery_48988_15094_7830.png  gallery_48988_15094_15503.png     

Slave to Darkness

Slave to Darkness

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 8,363 posts
  • Location:The Labyrinth, realm of limitless eternal pain and pleasure . AKA Kings Lynn, Norfolk.
  • Faction: Chaos, Wolves and Guard

I do like the little ones. If I get the larger one I dont think Ill use all the carrion birds on top, everything else looks good though. 

Unbearable, isn't it? The suffering of strangers, the agony of friends. There is a secret song at the centre of the world, and its sound is like razors through flesh.

gallery_29004_9303_22505.png

Blog - Gates of Helvete

"If you mean, "Are we all going to get killed?" Yes. Clearly, Guilliman is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to the Cicatrix." Captain Blackadder

Goreshed

Goreshed

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 626 posts

Yeah I had the same feeling on the carrion birds as well. Given the nature of the army and just how few models are in it I tend to go further with conversions and making them more individual.

However that new knight is supposed to also be a pysker so we shall see what skills they can bring to the table. Would be nice to have at least something for the pysker phase at least.

ETL_2016_Banner_04_Primus_Inter_Pares.jpgallery_29004_9303_844.png ETL_Medal_01.gifgallery_29004_12090_2245.pngETL_2016_Badge_11_Collegia_Titanicus.jpg

TheNewman

TheNewman

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 463 posts
I went from "I have one Knight to soup with my Daemons and no interest in anything further" to "I want that launch box" to "oooh, Squats!" to "I want two of that launch box" waaay too fast for my own good.
  • techsoldaten, Tallarn Commander, Lord Raven 19 and 2 others like this

TheNewman

TheNewman

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 463 posts
Since there's a lot if likes I do have a couple of questions: how close is the Knight Preceptor/Despoiler to the Knight Rampager/Desecrator in size, and can the arms be swapped between those kits?

If they're basically the same size I might pick up one of each and build a second Despoiler on the Desecrator frame.

Hannibal

Hannibal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 303 posts

Since there's a lot if likes I do have a couple of questions: how close is the Knight Preceptor/Despoiler to the Knight Rampager/Desecrator in size, and can the arms be swapped between those kits?

If they're basically the same size I might pick up one of each and build a second Despoiler on the Desecrator frame.

They are basically the same size and all parts are interchangable. In fact I switched the Torsi / legs between two sets to get more variation.

In the still actual codex the different knights are determined by their weaponry, not the actual model you use. So feel free to build whatever you like to.

TheNewman

TheNewman

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 463 posts

They are basically the same size and all parts are interchangable. In fact I switched the Torsi / legs between two sets to get more variation.

In the still actual codex the different knights are determined by their weaponry, not the actual model you use. So feel free to build whatever you like to.

Thanks. Now if I could just be more certain that GW isn't above dropping support for the loyalist knight cross-overs once Chaos Knights have three kits to themselves.

Iron Lord

Iron Lord

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,326 posts

I thought the new large knight was replacing the old kit - being basically the old kit with a few extra bits - so Chaos Knights will only have two kits not 3.

Goreshed

Goreshed

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 626 posts

Army box goes on sale today!

• Prot likes this

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 16,467 posts

Preordered my box.  I’m not going to debate pricing, when it comes to chaos/CSM, I’m all in!

my hopes are that this kit won’t limit my builds in any weird way. And I want to be competitive with it, but not find out this is the next meta buster. 

finally I’m hoping what I have left of my spare knights will help make this a 2k army. 

• Dr_Ruminahui and WrathOfTheLion like this
Click to see....
Posted Image
Instagram: @Prot40k

WrathOfTheLion

WrathOfTheLion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,088 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels, WB & SW
I preordered mine as well. I want to find a knight house that fits well enough with Black Legion/Word Bearers, so will be flipping through the codex before building/painting.
  • Prot likes this

Prot

Prot

++ EQUES AEDITUUS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 16,467 posts

Yea that's my plan as well, except with Iron Warriors -or- Red Corsairs. The cool thing about Chaos Knights is I find their look can be quite abstract, and unorthodox from unit to unit, whereas the loyalist Knights are fairly themed throughout. 

• WrathOfTheLion likes this
Click to see....
Posted Image
Instagram: @Prot40k

WrathOfTheLion

WrathOfTheLion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,088 posts

Yea that's my plan as well, except with Iron Warriors -or- Red Corsairs. The cool thing about Chaos Knights is I find their look can be quite abstract, and unorthodox from unit to unit, whereas the loyalist Knights are fairly themed throughout. 

That's certainly helpful that there's a lot of room to work with. I'm interested to explore the more orthodox Knight houses, I'd like to pick one with some decal support.

infyrana

infyrana

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,922 posts

Kinda like the wardogs too, just not a fan of the birds on top :)

How many knights these days make a 2k list then?  I picked up two imperial ones ages back but with rule changes etc I never ended up doing much with them - can they be chaos'd, or would I need different weaponry?

gallery_51316_15965_6348.pnggallery_51316_15965_21147.png

Goreshed

Goreshed

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 626 posts

It's another layer of the lore. The Imperium is supposed to be this rigid bastion against the tide of death that's always coming for it. Chaos doesn't care so long as things are going...well...Chaos(y). Lore wise the trade off is the lack of greater support in some cases or the change in how one is equipped or how they wage war in general. I absolutely love it and have always loved that aspect of the difference between the Imperium and Chaos as they both have positive and negatives of being the way they are.

Capitano

Capitano

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 962 posts
  • Pronouns:he/him
  • Faction: 96th Company Night Lords

I am a happy camper that I can add that Renegade Knight to my Chaos Marine list...it always just made sense to me...guess I need to finish my base now...

“I’ll be there in seven minutes. Eight if there’s resistance. Nine if the resistance is carrying bolters.”

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,717 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, 3rd Grand Company

I preordered mine as well. I want to find a knight house that fits well enough with Black Legion/Word Bearers, so will be flipping through the codex before building/painting.

I would also recommend looking at Traitor Houses from the Heresy. There's a ton of them and there's pretty good documentation via both Forge World and Adeptus Titanicus not only of which Astartes and Titan Legios they would have campaigned with but also their color schemes.
  • WrathOfTheLion likes this

Check out my Photobucket Here
 DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle: An Experiment in Flesh and Machine (House Makabius & Dark Mechanicum WIP currently)

In Service of the Death Lord: DuskRaider's Adeptus Titanicus Project

DuskRaider's 30K Word Bearers Force

DuskRaider's 3rd Grand Company Death Guard Legion Force

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

WrathOfTheLion

WrathOfTheLion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,088 posts

I would also recommend looking at Traitor Houses from the Heresy. There's a ton of them and there's pretty good documentation via both Forge World and Adeptus Titanicus not only of which Astartes and Titan Legios they would have campaigned with but also their color schemes.

I think I'm going to end up doing House Khymere, they've got some nice decal support, yet look like I could justify attaching them with any Chaos force.

Dr_Ruminahui

Dr_Ruminahui

++ CONSULTUS OPERARI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,010 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's 2nd cousins

Just got mine in the post - I'm looking forward to reading through the codex and building my models.

• Tallarn Commander and WrathOfTheLion like this

Goreshed

Goreshed

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 626 posts

I've got a good idea of what I want to do for color and a background, just waiting for my copy of the box set to come in and start reading that new book!

WrathOfTheLion

WrathOfTheLion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,088 posts

Just got mine in the post - I'm looking forward to reading through the codex and building my models.

I've been building mine, although I'm waiting for some 7mm magnets so I can magnetize the carapace of the small knights to the legs.

Although if impatient, I might just glue that part. Going to spend some time magnetizing the rest of it this weekend.

Dr_Ruminahui

Dr_Ruminahui

++ CONSULTUS OPERARI ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 2,010 posts
  • Faction: Emperor's 2nd cousins

Yeah, I'll be magnetizing my weapon options, though I think I have the magnets I need on hand.

I will also be kitbashing both the knight and the wardogs, as I have imperial versions that I want to chaosify, and what better way to do so than by using some of the parts from the chaos models.  My only current knight is an imperial one that I did some slight modifications and painted to be a renegade (http://www.bolterand...ghts/?p=5347819), so the mixed part models should fit right in.

DuskRaider

DuskRaider

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,717 posts
  • Faction: Death Guard, 3rd Grand Company
I'm actually magnetizing the Armiger weapons. There's so many options now and I want to be able to mix and match.

Check out my Photobucket Here
 DuskRaider's 40K Nurgle: An Experiment in Flesh and Machine (House Makabius & Dark Mechanicum WIP currently)

In Service of the Death Lord: DuskRaider's Adeptus Titanicus Project

DuskRaider's 30K Word Bearers Force

DuskRaider's 3rd Grand Company Death Guard Legion Force

To view my older threads, please go to the link HERE and download the add-on to view Photobucket linked images.

Seahawk

Seahawk

++ OSSIFRAGUS PRAECURSORIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 9,643 posts
  • Faction: Ultramarines
Am I going to now take a khorne Knight with 8A base, or 24 if I go a-sweepin? Absolutely. BWRAAAAAAAA!!!

Fluff: Naval Operations of Ultramar. Also includes all known named ships for all chapters, as well as ship sizes and assorted information.

Personal: The Renegade Hobbyist. This is where I do things! Also, follow me on Twitter at @Atomic_Hamsters.

Post link for all the instances in which Reanimation Protocols doesn't activate, but should. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users