New Renegade Knights

Goreshed

Alright so we have two new sexy as warp models coming our way.

Here

and

Here

On top of a brand new codex which promises to be deadlier than ever. Anyone else pumped for this? I know CSM is slated to be following closely behind it but I cant help but feel pumped for these two new models and a brand new dex.

Edited by Goreshed

Yeah I had the same feeling on the carrion birds as well. Given the nature of the army and just how few models are in it I tend to go further with conversions and making them more individual.

However that new knight is supposed to also be a pysker so we shall see what skills they can bring to the table. Would be nice to have at least something for the pysker phase at least.

Since there's a lot if likes I do have a couple of questions: how close is the Knight Preceptor/Despoiler to the Knight Rampager/Desecrator in size, and can the arms be swapped between those kits?

If they're basically the same size I might pick up one of each and build a second Despoiler on the Desecrator frame.

Since there's a lot if likes I do have a couple of questions: how close is the Knight Preceptor/Despoiler to the Knight Rampager/Desecrator in size, and can the arms be swapped between those kits?

If they're basically the same size I might pick up one of each and build a second Despoiler on the Desecrator frame.

They are basically the same size and all parts are interchangable. In fact I switched the Torsi / legs between two sets to get more variation.

In the still actual codex the different knights are determined by their weaponry, not the actual model you use. So feel free to build whatever you like to.

They are basically the same size and all parts are interchangable. In fact I switched the Torsi / legs between two sets to get more variation.

In the still actual codex the different knights are determined by their weaponry, not the actual model you use. So feel free to build whatever you like to.

Thanks. Now if I could just be more certain that GW isn't above dropping support for the loyalist knight cross-overs once Chaos Knights have three kits to themselves.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Preordered my box.  I’m not going to debate pricing, when it comes to chaos/CSM, I’m all in!

my hopes are that this kit won’t limit my builds in any weird way. And I want to be competitive with it, but not find out this is the next meta buster. 

finally I’m hoping what I have left of my spare knights will help make this a 2k army. 

Yea that's my plan as well, except with Iron Warriors -or- Red Corsairs. The cool thing about Chaos Knights is I find their look can be quite abstract, and unorthodox from unit to unit, whereas the loyalist Knights are fairly themed throughout. 

That's certainly helpful that there's a lot of room to work with. I'm interested to explore the more orthodox Knight houses, I'd like to pick one with some decal support.

Kinda like the wardogs too, just not a fan of the birds on top :)

How many knights these days make a 2k list then?  I picked up two imperial ones ages back but with rule changes etc I never ended up doing much with them - can they be chaos'd, or would I need different weaponry?

Yea that's my plan as well, except with Iron Warriors -or- Red Corsairs. The cool thing about Chaos Knights is I find their look can be quite abstract, and unorthodox from unit to unit, whereas the loyalist Knights are fairly themed throughout. 

It's another layer of the lore. The Imperium is supposed to be this rigid bastion against the tide of death that's always coming for it. Chaos doesn't care so long as things are going...well...Chaos(y). Lore wise the trade off is the lack of greater support in some cases or the change in how one is equipped or how they wage war in general. I absolutely love it and have always loved that aspect of the difference between the Imperium and Chaos as they both have positive and negatives of being the way they are.

I am a happy camper that I can add that Renegade Knight to my Chaos Marine list...it always just made sense to me...guess I need to finish my base now...

I preordered mine as well. I want to find a knight house that fits well enough with Black Legion/Word Bearers, so will be flipping through the codex before building/painting.

I would also recommend looking at Traitor Houses from the Heresy. There's a ton of them and there's pretty good documentation via both Forge World and Adeptus Titanicus not only of which Astartes and Titan Legios they would have campaigned with but also their color schemes.

I preordered mine as well. I want to find a knight house that fits well enough with Black Legion/Word Bearers, so will be flipping through the codex before building/painting.

I would also recommend looking at Traitor Houses from the Heresy. There's a ton of them and there's pretty good documentation via both Forge World and Adeptus Titanicus not only of which Astartes and Titan Legios they would have campaigned with but also their color schemes.

I think I'm going to end up doing House Khymere, they've got some nice decal support, yet look like I could justify attaching them with any Chaos force.

Just got mine in the post - I'm looking forward to reading through the codex and building my models.

I've been building mine, although I'm waiting for some 7mm magnets so I can magnetize the carapace of the small knights to the legs.

Although if impatient, I might just glue that part. Going to spend some time magnetizing the rest of it this weekend.

Yeah, I'll be magnetizing my weapon options, though I think I have the magnets I need on hand.

I will also be kitbashing both the knight and the wardogs, as I have imperial versions that I want to chaosify, and what better way to do so than by using some of the parts from the chaos models.  My only current knight is an imperial one that I did some slight modifications and painted to be a renegade (http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/356852-the-bringers-of-judgment-dr-ruminahuis-knights/?p=5347819), so the mixed part models should fit right in.