Show of hands: current and future armies

Just wanted to put together a quick (and very unscientific) reference list for how many of which Legion are already out there, and how many there will be.

To kick off, I collect (loyal) Ultramarines and (Warmaster-loyal :)) Iron Warriors. I don’t currently intended to start another Legion, but am open to the idea.

+Edit+

Quick collation of the info (Astartes only). Where no loyalty was noted, I've run with the default. 

Current Traitor forces

3 Iron Warriors

1 Word Bearers

2 Night Lords

2 Sons of Horus

2 Alpha Legion

Current Loyalist forces

3 Dark Angels

1 White Scars

2 Space Wolves

2 Imperial Fists

3 Blood Angels

1 Ultramarines

1 Raven Guard

Potential/planned Traitor forces 

2 Emperor's Children

5 Sons of Horus

2 Night Lords

3 Alpha Legion

Potential/planned Loyalist forces 

1 Imperial Fists

3 Iron Hands

2 Ultramarines

2 Raven Guard

1 Shattered Legions

Edited by apologist

Interesting idea. I collect Dark Angels.

I'm thinking hard about starting another Legion. If I do it will be traitor, probably Emperor's Children. But possibly Word Bearers. I won't make a decision on this until I see the rules.....ah who am I kidding, in the end I'll decide based on aesthetic and theme, as usual. Which probably means EC.

In roughly size order: 
Alpha Legion 1st Armoured, Iron Warriors 15th Storm, Yellowjacket militia, Sisters of Silence Alabaster Lynx Cadre, House Gevauden Knights, Various Mechanicum Taghmata and House Gevauden bonded infantry (Solar Auxilia) 

Had to sell off my White Scars, Blood Angels and a bunch of Alpha legion over the years :( 

Currently have 3 HH armies in the works: Sons of Horus, Imperial Fists, and Blood Angels.

Thinking about starting a small force of Alpha Legion. Eventually would like to have at least characters/kill teams from all the legions.

Currently have about 4500-5000 points of Raven Guard. I plan to expand that with some Mechanicum painted as Kiavahran Tech Guild. Currently painting a Shadowsword/Stormsword for that army.

I'm also building toward a Shattered Legions force consisting of Raven Guard, Salamanders, and Iron Hands.

For my traitor Legion I'm going to go with Alpha Legion because I have a good lore excuse to use Raven Guard models for some units.

My wife plays Blood Angels with probably 7000 points of them. She'll be starting on her Thunderhawk as soon as it's warm enough to prime it. And she has a slow burn Night Lords project she's working on.

Edited by Claws and Effect

I'm starting totally new to 30k with Iron Hands and I may do half of the starter set as Sons of Horus. Armour marks aren't a huge problem for me, I'll be mixing and matching with Mk3 and Mk4 parts I've been saving for a while to make a hodgepodge looking force. For the Iron Hands especially, I'd imagine getting their hands on any armour at all wouldn't be sniffed at :biggrin.:

I currently have 1,000 points of Sons of Horus back on my building table, I started this a while ago but stopped with all the uncertainty surrounding 30k but getting back into it again.

I also have planned some Ultramarine forces, one formed of pre-primarch guys with older gear and equipment with a darker tone of blue (and more bronze/iron rather than the gold/silver) and one newer force with much better gear and equipment and much more brighter shiney colours.

With the recent purchase of Rann and Zephon as well as Kill-team Cassius I've found myself with a Blood Angels Praetor and Librarian and a Imperial Fist Praetor and Techmarine so I guess I'm going to be doing a force of those at some point, probably starting off as a allied force then building into their own.

I also have the idea of doing some more allies for both my SoH and Ultras, just to break up the painting of the same Legions also to add to the more 'chaotic' element of the Heresy. Traitor forces grouping up and ravaging ahead of the main force and Loyalist grouping together to resist the Traitors as much as they can.