Show of hands: current and future armies

Currently have:

• Death Guard: ~10,000 points of Death Guard (initially traitor, then later loyalist, playable as both depending upon the circumstances) completed so far.  Additional 2-3k planned/in-progress
  • Raven Guard ~1500 points of allied detachment of terran nomad-predation fleet Raven Guard (traitor but mostly just gone rogue, i.e. Ashen Claws).

Planned new projects:

• Night Lords/Shattered Legions: Expanding the RG detachment into a shattered legion force that includes Night Lords.  Sort of a Gork and Mork approach of the NL hitting you while you know where they are coming from, while the RG sneak up and hitting you when you don't know where from, then asking which is scarier.
  • Alpha Legion: Using the plastic MkVI to start a small Loyalist Alpha Legion force, mostly because I really liked fake-Omegon (the real-Alpharius) in Head of the Hydra

New to the HH (Been wanting to get in to it for a long time), I am going to build out a Traitor Dark Angel army that is loyal to Luthor and a Terror Company of Night Lords. Gotta love the Traitors .... If it wasn't for them we wouldn't have the HH and all this fun. 

currently have Sons of Horus, thousand sons, imperial fists, shattered legions (Iron hands, Ravenguard, Salamanders) , Ultramarines, white scars. 

planned to start
Blood Angels, Emperors children, night lords, re do of my white scars, Alpha legion (classic Indigo scheme), Dark angels bike army. 

Gonna be expanding my Night Lords some more and I'm debating between starting World Eaters or Sons of Horus with the new edition. Quite excited for this based on the rules that have been going around!

My current IF collection is probably somewhere in the 10000 point range? Mainly because of my Thunderhawk, Dreads and Terminators.

I have four HH projects at this point, although I have barely worked in any of them since early 2021:

- Imperial Fists pseudonarrative project, have some fluff scraps written somewhere following a company from Phall to the Siege. I have a boatload of characters in different stages of WIP, including some representing the same character at different points of the Heresy. Other than that, only a veteran tactical squad painted, a breacher squad halfway there, some terminators pending scupting details, and a couple vehicles at various stages, including a caestus assault ram that I snagged in 2020. Incidentally, I collected some beakie bits for a mixed armour breacher squad for the Siege stage, which might wait for the new ones.

- Imperial Heralds remnants, one of the very few survivors of Lorgar's purge, who go Word Bearer hunting and use try to use their traitor brethren's knowledge on daemonology against them. Project includes Ashen Circle, a pissed off praetor/primus nullificator, some nullificators to smack daemons around and an esoterist/daemonologist who might or might not end up possessed. Also, a "maeghara" dread that is basically a possessed Word Bearer wired inside a contemptor chassis covered in wards, baically turning it into a very painful prison for both daemon and marine (I have a WB contemptor that I'll convert to get the maeghara size but not fleshy looking, the effects coming from the psychic screams of the daemon).

- A mostly 3rd party Solar Auxilia army, using the Daughters of the Burning Rose minis from Anvil Industry (got them during their kickstarter back in 2018-2019?). Mostly unassembled, with just a few test models built as I decided to elongate the lasrifles because the concept of making things easy for myself is just alien :D. I got one of the fantastic crawlers by Mortian to use as a Dracosan count-as, and I was planning to use dunecrawlers as leman russes with the adequate cannon swaps. They could potentially swing both ways as loyalists or traitors, but I'm inclined to make them accompany my Imperial Fists.

- Currently stored at my parents place, and likely on indefinite stand-by, a knight lance. I got a Knight renegade box a few years ago, a 3rd party knight proxy that I tried to convert to a cerastus-like chassis, and a box of armigers. Currently sitting at one knight and one armiger mostly built (again, pending conversion and sculpting work), and a cerastus proxy that probably requires more work than it's worth.

If (who am I kidding, when) I get the box, I'd likely put most beakies to the Imperial fists for the Siege stage. I am curious to see how easy would it be to put adapt the plastic MkIV torsos to it, as I feel I could sculpt the kneepad over the flat MkVI legs, and then just swap heads and backpacks for a slightly upscaled MkIV. If that worked, I might shift a squad to the Imperial Heralds project, or maybe start a small detachment of loyalist Emperor's Children because I just love their colour scheme (and I have Kizzdougs to blame for that).

But, should I have to start a traitor legion with the new box (I shiver just to think about it :p), I would likely go for Sons of Horus, that sea green, golden/brass and black combination is just smexy.

To finish my wall-o-text, this should really help me realise I oughta focus on at least one of the projects and try to get some of that pile-o-shame moving. Only time will tell...

Edited by Elzender

Current: Orbital Assault Company Endymion (Loyalist Emperor's Children), The Midsummer Garrison (Loyalist Thousand Sons), Emperor's Talons force.

Future: Ultramarine force (Not decided the allegiance yet), maybe a Dark Angel or BAngel force.

Amazing to see so many projects and future ideas!

My Death Guard feel nearly complete: there are a few units I was working on (and will finish), and bar adding some Deimos Rhinos to replace some rather ‘transferable’ models, I imagine I won’t add too much more. Intention always was to portray them as heading towards the Heresy and being able to fulfil the main RoW was always ideal. As an enduring love, I imagine they’ll still keep getting some form of attention - I did want to rebase everything but we will see...

My Sons of Horus need plenty more attention: I had stockpiled a force that was entirely different in scope and play style to my Death Guard, using units I wouldn’t typically deploy, especially faster or lighter choices. I’d been building towards an airbrushing session en masse, but I’ve basically only done a test model. With more time, I’ll hope to pull this up to scratch pretty quickly - probably in line with the new edition.

I’ve mentioned wanting to do an Alpha Legion force, although I imagine it may be a bit close to the SoH army I was planning. That said, I still hope to be able to find a way of creating something in future that fits that mould and that maybe fits somewhere between my two main armies.

I’ve got a nice squad of Emperors’ Children that could do with attention, but I imagine this would be a very small force to complement or ally with any of the above.

My Mechanicum feels finished too, but I’ll keep this to just the Legions at this juncture!

As it stands I've currently collect Iron hands, Emperor's Children, Night Lords and Questoris Knights. The plan is to have the Mark 6 go towards an Imperial Fist army led by Rann or Camba-Diaz and in the event plastic MKII is released to do a Death Guard army with them   

Currently SW and will be continuing with SW.

I'd love to collect a small force of most of the Legions eventually, a Counsel, maybe a Special Character, couple of thematic troops and a cool unit or so (and makes sense as I had a bit in my fluff about Legionary exchange programmes before "A Thousand Sons" came out) but my loyalty is with the Sixth.

Planned Traitor Ultramarines...

I am just finding it hard to justify.

Why would a company of Ultramarines turn on Guilliman?

A company/chapter who were censured for doing something and sent away from the glory of the front lines to just garrison this agriworld system and basically sit around, train and be at the beck and call of some mortals.

Then the Traitors arrive in-system and tell them "Hey, Guilliman was wrong, we're here to make sure WE are in charge, are you in?"

And they say "yes!"

Planned Traitor Ultramarines...

I am just finding it hard to justify.

Why would a company of Ultramarines turn on Guilliman?

A company/chapter who were censured for doing something and sent away from the glory of the front lines to just garrison this agriworld system and basically sit around, train and be at the beck and call of some mortals.

Then the Traitors arrive in-system and tell them "Hey, Guilliman was wrong, we're here to make sure WE are in charge, are you in?"

And they say "yes!"

I like Toyships idea with the transfers.

So I might go red helms with them lot to mark them as censured.