Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Exemplary Battles - Breaking of the Perfect Fortress

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

SkimaskMohawk

SkimaskMohawk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 6,527 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard and VIII Legion
@mogsam I said it looks great, and my post had nothing saying "don't do it". Just that it wasn't very lore accurate.

For the people correcting mogsams pronoun use; you can't see signatures or icon information on mobile; might want to rephrase directives to edit posts as requests in light of that.
  • Marshall Mittens likes this

zmuDiOv.jpg

tinpact

tinpact

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 135 posts
  • Faction: Dark Angels
It is funny to think that Corax might have had no idea what a raven was until after meeting the legion, although Njal Storm caller has a cyber-raven on his model, so clearly they exist somewhere in the distant future.
  • Iron Hands Fanatic and Marshall Mittens like this

sml_gallery_94427_17329_1037.jpg  +I do banners sometimes. PM me!+

Beerhammer

Beerhammer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 59 posts

When do we get the next exemplary battle report.

jaxom

jaxom

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,569 posts
  • Pronouns:he/him

It is funny to think that Corax might have had no idea what a raven was until after meeting the legion, although Njal Storm caller has a cyber-raven on his model, so clearly they exist somewhere in the distant future.

I sometimes think about this, if a reader/viewer should consider 30k/40k as more of a historical presented in way understandable. For example, in A Knight's Tale, music by Queen represents 'popular, everyone knows it and joins it' music at jousts. Could Raven Guard be Xertlpothk Guard where a xertlpothk is an animal with the same 'dark, carrion feeders, ill-omened, with connotations of messengers for mysterious gods' vibe as ravens rather than a literal raven? There's no actual raven skull totems, but xertlpothk totems instead?

• tinpact likes this

sml_gallery_48988_16821_17057.png zmuDiOv.jpg

LameBeard

LameBeard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 921 posts
  • Pronouns:he/him
I like this idea, but of course some things persist in folklore long beyond their extinction. The persistence of wolves as the threatening figures in British children’s tales is a great example, since wolves been extinct here for hundreds of years.

There are no wolves in Albion.
  • lansalt likes this

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (2)