How can Death Company work in this edition?

Montuhotep

Straight question; does anyone still find the Death Co. have a place in the firepower-dominated Marine armies we now live with in this edition?

If so, traditionals or Intercessor-type and has anyone tried to make an entire themed army with them for a laugh?

Edited by Paladin7221

Standard Trueborn DC with Jump Packs are great with Forlorn Fury stratagem. Sanguinary Priest can buff their potential when he puts them into Assult Doctrine.

Lately I've been using trueborn DC in Drop Pod but they need some kind of help with make successful charge. Chapter Champion with Marital Exemplar trait or other character with Icon of the Angel do the job quite well

I run themed DC-heavy armies at 1250 and 1850 points, but for irl reasons (i.e lockdowns) I have yet to use them this edition. I chose to make them heavy rather than entirely DC because armies still need to do the basics (from objectives to CP gain), these units require support, and I find the more you stack towards a theme, the less effective it is - so a balance is required.

DC with jump packs which utilise Forlorn Fury have had a place in many a list for a while now and this will likely be reinforced following the Armour of Contempt ruling.

After the Armor of Contempt update, I think DC are in an even better spot. I had been running a group of 5 with TH in almost all my lists successfully (won a local tourney a few months ago and only lost in the last six-ish months to Drukhari and pre-nerf Orks). Now though I plan on running a 5 man squad with TH but then a 10 man squad with chainswords and two with power fists (how I have them modelled). 

Just moving them into cover now makes them incredibly survivable, especially with the ability to plus up their FNP. They have always been kill-y, but even against mirror matches the weight of dice available to them is still very significant. I think along with Sang guard, they are our biggest winners in the update.

What are your preferred load-outs, gents?

I normally run a 10 man squad with 5 chains word and pistol. The other 5 get more devastating weapons to taste.

I second using the Forlorn Fury and a Jump Priest to get them into the Assault Doctrine T1. I also use a biker Primaris Chaplain to buff them with Litany of Hate. He can Advance 20" if necessary to make sure they are in buff range.

I always run a blob of 10, *cough* used to be 15 *%#@! ...  Firstborn marines with jump packs. Forlorn Fury usually.  1 thunder hammer per 5, 1 inferno pistol per 5 is my normal go-to. The rest have bolt pistols and chain swords. Recently I added an additional inferno pistol. So two hammers, and three inferno pistols. The latter just flat out delete people, and three can put the hurt on anything big especially if the hammers hit.