Spartan

Leviathan with Drill and Grav

Contemptor Dreadnought with CCW and Melta

7 Rampagers

Landraider proteus

2 apothecaries

20 despoilers

Stormeagle

Khârn the Bloody- In Storm Eagle? It's got a capacity of 22.

Sgts have powerfists, Red Butcher Sgt. has Chainfists. Sgts. also have AA on including one of the apothecaries(couldn't afford it on the other)

Please let me know what you think! Thank you!

Edited by Aztek

So the Heresy 2.0 lists have started! Good to see.

I’ve only seen a snippet of the leaks but I thought Artificer Armour on sergeants was going? Maybe just wishful thinking on my part.

This will look great on the table - it has all my favourite models like Proteus, Storm Eagle and the Dreadnoughts, and the massed infantry will look cool too. Are there enough scoring units for 3k?

So the Heresy 2.0 lists have started! Good to see.

I’ve only seen a snippet of the leaks but I thought Artificer Armour on sergeants was going? Maybe just wishful thinking on my part.

This will look great on the table - it has all my favourite models like Proteus, Storm Eagle and the Dreadnoughts, and the massed infantry will look cool too. Are there enough scoring units for 3k?

Thanks for reading!

AA is still here on SGTs.

So the 2 tacticals and 1 twenty man despoiler squad are scoring naturally, and then Crimson Path makes the Rampagers scoring as well. So most of the list is scoring, but 2.0 missions(Or what we've seen so far) actually don't use progressive scoring that often. I think 1 mission of 6? So you usually score at the end of the game for units on objectives.

Lemme know if you have any advice for running this sort of list! Also where would you put Khârn? In the Storm Eagle(Capacity of 22), or the Land Raider Proteus with the Rampagers?

At 3k I am very much just an armchair philosopher, so my advice on tactics is worth little compared to the sage generals on this forum. Personally I think it’s nice you have the choice of where to put Khârn, if you have a regular opponent you can keep them guessing just a little bit.

The Rampagers are only one wound and Proteus is not an assault vehicle? So expect them to get dented when they get out of their transport - I guess the opponent might have some other target priority.

I’m not a massive fan of Red Butchers - will they be better under the new edition? At least a good use for the plastic Spartan which will look glorious in World Eater colours.

Some people on this forum do not rate the multimelta contemptor outside zone mortalis, because of limited range and ubiquitous armoured ceramite - but again I think 2.0 is cutting back on that, melta might be more popular?

At 3k I am very much just an armchair philosopher, so my advice on tactics is worth little compared to the sage generals on this forum. Personally I think it’s nice you have the choice of where to put Khârn, if you have a regular opponent you can keep them guessing just a little bit.

The Rampagers are only one wound and Proteus is not an assault vehicle? So expect them to get dented when they get out of their transport - I guess the opponent might have some other target priority.

I’m not a massive fan of Red Butchers - will they be better under the new edition? At least a good use for the plastic Spartan which will look glorious in World Eater colours.

Some people on this forum do not rate the multimelta contemptor outside zone mortalis, because of limited range and ubiquitous armoured ceramite - but again I think 2.0 is cutting back on that, melta might be more popular?

1. Rampagers are now 2 wounds and Proteus is an Assault Vehicle now.

2. Eh the Red Butchers are... decent. They can't be Instadeathed by S8 things effectively due to a special rule they have now called Ravening Madmen. Kinda nice. They get a ton of attacks at S5 Ap2 but strike at Initiave 1 with the Power Axes and/or Chainfist.

3. I'll have to double check the melta profile that the Contemptor gets. I admit it's probably not the best arm but it's what I have modeled :D. In general it seems better to go 1 melee arm and 1 gun arm in 2.0

I appreciate the reply!

World Eaters- The Crimson Path- 3k

2x10 tacticals

2 rhinos

10 Red Butchers

Spartan

7 Rampagers

Landraider proteus

2 apothecaries

20 despoilers

Stormeagle

Sgts have powerfists, Red Butcher Sgt. has Chainfists. Sgts. also have AA on including one of the apothecaries(couldn't afford it on the other)

This list has a lot of things I don't like about it, so I'm just going to go line by line here.

Crimson Path - I think this Rite of War in general is far worse than Berserker Assault, and you've weirdly doubled up on it by including 2 Apothecaries even though it explicitly doesn't stack with the Apothecaries' FNP, and 2 Tac Squads that will get a 6+ FNP when they touch an objective, this means 4 of your 5 squads don't get anything from this RoW. The real get here is that Rampagers become Line units (presumably the Assault Squad bit is changing), but you've only taken one squad of Rampagers. 

2x 10 Tacticals in Rhinos - These are pretty wimpy scoring units, at 3k points I would expect them to die without achieving anything. My recommendation is to make this one big unit so that an Apothecary is more impactful. I'd consider the chainaxe upgrade mandatory on these, and I'd also consider turning them into Rampagers with the Berserker Assault RoW.

10 Red Butchers in a Spartan - This unit will demolish any infantry squad you might expect to face, but the presence of Primarchs, Knights, or other Lords of War at 3k points could make them a liability. If the Spartan goes they're going to have a difficult time staying relevant. I think their utility will mostly come down to how your local meta is structured. Lots of Knights or Superheavy tanks will weaken them quite a bit. Losing Fleet makes Berserker Assault a more tantalizing prospect again.

Leviathan with Drill and Grav - No Drop Pod and the Heavy sub-type makes this a tough sell to me. M6 is slow and the Grav Bombard is only an 18" range. I'd definitely emphasize playing keep away from this. The obvious move is to commit this to the dead center of the board every game to maximize its threat radius.

Contemptor Dreadnought with CCW/Melta - This is basically fine. A Drop Pod would be a big upgrade for it. It's obviously a lot less dangerous than a Leviathan in combat but it can move a lot further which gives it a good advantage.

7 Rampagers in a Land Raider - I'm guessing 7 came from points limitations but I'd commit more to the idea of Rampagers in this list. They're really good now and with the Falax Blades are a relevant threat against any unit. Berserker Assault making them Troops choices makes this a lot easier. 

2 apothecaries - 2 of your 5 infantry squads will have 5+ FNPs, watering down the impact of the Crimson Path RoW. I think these are best with the larger tac squad mentioned earlier and with the despoiler squad.

20 despoilers in a Storm Eagle - With Khârn I think there's good utility here, as a secondary monster assault unit that can also coordinate pretty easily with the Red Butchers with huge maneuverability thanks to the Storm Eagle. Putting this many eggs in one basket moves the Master of Signals into a must-take in my opinion, as without that you'll be really hurting since one bad roll means Khârn might not be in combat until halfway through the game. You absolutely need this in on turn 2. I'd consider making this another Rampager squad.

Khârn - he needs Gorechild if you haven't taken it.

World Eaters- The Crimson Path- 3k

2x10 tacticals

2 rhinos

10 Red Butchers

Spartan

7 Rampagers

Landraider proteus

2 apothecaries

20 despoilers

Stormeagle

This list has a lot of things I don't like about it, so I'm just going to go line by line here.

Crimson Path - I think this Rite of War in general is far worse than Berserker Assault, and you've weirdly doubled up on it by including 2 Apothecaries even though it explicitly doesn't stack with the Apothecaries' FNP, and 2 Tac Squads that will get a 6+ FNP when they touch an objective, this means 4 of your 5 squads don't get anything from this RoW. The real get here is that Rampagers become Line units (presumably the Assault Squad bit is changing), but you've only taken one squad of Rampagers. 

2x 10 Tacticals in Rhinos - These are pretty wimpy scoring units, at 3k points I would expect them to die without achieving anything. My recommendation is to make this one big unit so that an Apothecary is more impactful. I'd consider the chainaxe upgrade mandatory on these, and I'd also consider turning them into Rampagers with the Berserker Assault RoW.

10 Red Butchers in a Spartan - This unit will demolish any infantry squad you might expect to face, but the presence of Primarchs, Knights, or other Lords of War at 3k points could make them a liability. If the Spartan goes they're going to have a difficult time staying relevant. I think their utility will mostly come down to how your local meta is structured. Lots of Knights or Superheavy tanks will weaken them quite a bit. Losing Fleet makes Berserker Assault a more tantalizing prospect again.

Leviathan with Drill and Grav - No Drop Pod and the Heavy sub-type makes this a tough sell to me. M6 is slow and the Grav Bombard is only an 18" range. I'd definitely emphasize playing keep away from this. The obvious move is to commit this to the dead center of the board every game to maximize its threat radius.

Contemptor Dreadnought with CCW/Melta - This is basically fine. A Drop Pod would be a big upgrade for it. It's obviously a lot less dangerous than a Leviathan in combat but it can move a lot further which gives it a good advantage.

7 Rampagers in a Land Raider - I'm guessing 7 came from points limitations but I'd commit more to the idea of Rampagers in this list. They're really good now and with the Falax Blades are a relevant threat against any unit. Berserker Assault making them Troops choices makes this a lot easier. 

2 apothecaries - 2 of your 5 infantry squads will have 5+ FNPs, watering down the impact of the Crimson Path RoW. I think these are best with the larger tac squad mentioned earlier and with the despoiler squad.

20 despoilers in a Storm Eagle - With Khârn I think there's good utility here, as a secondary monster assault unit that can also coordinate pretty easily with the Red Butchers with huge maneuverability thanks to the Storm Eagle. Putting this many eggs in one basket moves the Master of Signals into a must-take in my opinion, as without that you'll be really hurting since one bad roll means Khârn might not be in combat until halfway through the game. You absolutely need this in on turn 2. I'd consider making this another Rampager squad.

Khârn - he needs Gorechild if you haven't taken it.

I appreciate the constructive criticism! Hmm maybe I'll rebuild the list around Beserker Assault then...

Khârn does indeed have Gorechild in this list.