Help/feedback designing Isstvan V traitor list

All, I currently have a World Eaters and Word Bearers collection going and when the new HH edition drops I will be adding SoH to my traitor collection.

I got the idea for a list mostly for fun and narrative; Drop site massacre themed games with all 3 legions in my list but I have no clue what the best way to go about it would be. 

if possible, I’d like to have all 3 primarchs from those 3 legions in the list. They were all present for the Drop site massacre and I think it would be great if there’s a way to include all 3.

Could I do 3 separate crusade army list detachments and still be game legal? If it’s for narrative purposes and not for tournaments do I have more freedom? I recognize there’s the armies of dark compliance but that would prevent me fro, taking RoW which I really want to use for the Word Bearers LotSS.. drop pods suits the narrative purpose here.

If you intend to follow the allowances/restrictions present in the game as-is, then, no, you cannot have more than 1 Primarch in an army and more than 2 'forces' because of how Primary + Allied detachment works (Unless you go shattered legions; but we don't know if/how they're transitioning to the new edition and SL precludes the inclusion of Primarchs anyways).

Not to mention the 25% points limit restriction in place for Primarchs and LoW inclusions into lists.

So, fundamentally, you're going to be playing a more, loose/freeform/narrative version of the game if you'll want to be able to pull this off at all because you have to ignore the following:

• Primarch Slot limitations
  • Primarch/LoW 25% cost limit (750pts max in a 3k list, for example)
  • Maximum number of allowed detachments (Primary + Allied)
  • Potentially ignoring "primary detachment only" restrictions on RoWs

You'd also more than likely have to be playing at over 4k points to have any real semblance of an army if you want it to be composed of 3 forces and their primarchs if you want to have more than just Primarch + 1 HQ + 2 Troops + ~500ish points of other stuff per force.

Edited by Slips

Thanks for the response. That is what I figured. 4,800-5,000 points is what I was anticipating for this Army. You must take an allied detachment though? I thought you had the possibility of taking multiple detachments as long as you could fill out the FOC requirements and not share abilities/transports.. essentially 3 separate armies at that point?

Thanks for the response. That is what I figured. 4,800-5,000 points is what I was anticipating for this Army. You must take an allied detachment though? I thought you had the possibility of taking multiple detachments as long as you could fill out the FOC requirements and not share abilities/transports.. essentially 3 separate armies at that point?

In terms of playing the game within the bounds of the rules, iirc, its based around a player choosing from one of the FOCs (Crusade, Leviathan, etc) and building an army up within those restrictions.

You cant legally, for example, make an army that is one primary detachment from the Crusade FOC then also take another detachment thats using the Leviathan FOC nor can you have more than one 'Primary' Detachment; which is why we have rules for stuff like Shattered Legions to allow you to take more than 2 legions in one army.