World eaters speculation thread.

jimbo1701

Now the unofficial is official, thought it might be fun to start speculating as to what the initial release may be. I personally think we are looking at something between thousand sons and death guard in terms of scale. (The former only having ~10 dedicated kits with the rest being from the csm range, the latter having around 20, plus the dsrk imperium and sm heroes additions) remains to be seen if it will be a starter set entry with 10th Ed next year or will come sooner. I suspect sooner but then they do have leagues of votann and the last half dozen codexes to release still.

Angron

(Khârn)

Generic lord

Generic lord on juggernaut

Champion equivalent

Priest equivalent

Beserkers

Khorne cultists

TermiNators

Plastic blood slaughterer

Juggernaut mounted cavalry

Plus the usuals from the csm codex such as daemon prince, possessed, rhino, helbrute, predator, land raider etc.

Thoughts?

for TS, is it really fair to count what they ported over from AoS?

they launched with what, 5 kits? magnus, ahriman, rubrics, scarabs, and exalted?

that aside, I don't think it is a 10th starter, too soon to show off something like that so I'd say late-ish this year

Geedub would have given at least a hint by now.

You mean apart from the whole "the Red Angel is coming" bit in the 9th ed rulebook?

I get that you don't like Primarchs but to believe GW isn't going to take the chance to do one in this context is comical

There is no evidence to support a release of Angron.

Both Thousand Sons and Deathguard got their Primarch. That’s a pretty strong precedent, I think it’s definitely more likely than not that Angron will be released.

Also Angron was one of the 5 Primarchs for whom design artwork was seen back in 7th edition by Hastings. At the time, the idea of Primarchs in 40K was laughed at but Magnus appeared about 6 months later.

For reference, the 5 Primarchs Hastings claimed to have seen were Magnus, Guilliman, Mortarion, Angron and Russ. So far we are 3/5 and I agree that it would be surprising for GW release a new CSM legion without such an obvious centrepiece model.

There is no way GW would release either a standalone world eaters or emperors children book/range without their daemon primarchs. They’ve already done it twice.

for TS, is it really fair to count what they ported over from AoS?

they launched with what, 5 kits? magnus, ahriman, rubrics, scarabs, and exalted?

that aside, I don't think it is a 10th starter, too soon to show off something like that so I'd say late-ish this year

As they are unique to that 40K army and no other I counted them but they are a bit of an oddity admittedly being they are principally aos models.

There is no way GW would release either a standalone world eaters or emperors children book/range without their daemon primarchs. They’ve already done it twice.

IIRC hasn't it been stated that the source who has been pretty much bang-on correct about rumoured releases the last couple of years (such as this year's new Eldar and Chaos Marine units, and of course Squats :D) said that World Eaters were on their way, including Angron?

If that is the case - well, they've been right so far, haven't they..? ;) :lol:

IIRC hasn't it been stated that the source who has been pretty much bang-on correct about rumoured releases the last couple of years (such as this year's new Eldar and Chaos Marine units, and of course Squats :biggrin.:) said that World Eaters were on their way, including Angron?

If that is the case - well, they've been right so far, haven't they..? :wink::laugh.:

Valrak was also spot on about Black Templars. He says Angron is coming and I am inclined to believe him.

From a selfish POV, I hope he is right. This is because it would make the original Primarch rumour 4/5 which means we just might see Russ return to 40K for the Wolf Time before I retire. :biggrin.:

Edited by Karhedron

In terms of units released I think the ones Scribe lists are a pretty good bet. However I also think there’ll be something totally new and out of the blue for them too. Maybe a new kind of vehicle or daemon engine or something.

angron not being released would be more of a surprise, anyways

Character

Angron

Khârn (not the oldest sculpt, but probable update)

Generic captain

Priest, AoS style with priests skirting the no magic/psyker theme with loopholes. You'll pray for boiling blood rain, not cast it, big difference :rolleyes:

Infantry

Berserker update

Terminators, which they will do I am not sure, maybe a dual build kit?

Khorney havocs

Other 

Some sort of vehicle, plagueburst crawler? Say hello to the gorecrush slaughterer tank

Something out of left-field

Geedub would have given at least a hint by now.

I don't think they would give us a hint; GW is really consistent about having Chaos releases compete with each other. Chaos knights are about to go for pre-order, with marines starting to be previewed. There still isn't a chaos daemon codex in 9th either. Thats going to be a bunch of releases in a short time span for chaos players, and they want WE players buying a new knight, and the daemons princes.    

Regarding hints, some things get leaked well in advance such as a lot of the new HH releases. We started getting potato-cam shots of the new beakies and Spartan around 6 months ago IIRC.

But the new Knight Abominant was pretty much a surprise with less than a month between unveiling and release. I think GW is perfectly capable of keeping secrets when it suits them and the leaks that do occur are "allowed" (if not exactly staged) in order to drive hype for things that suit GW's needs.

I would have no trouble believing WEs were ready to go in September with Angron leading the charge. I am not saying it will happen, just that GW is perfectly capable of pulling it off.

Now the unofficial is official, thought it might be fun to start speculating as to what the initial release may be. I personally think we are looking at something between thousand sons and death guard in terms of scale. (The former only having ~10 dedicated kits with the rest being from the csm range, the latter having around 20, plus the dsrk imperium and sm heroes additions) remains to be seen if it will be a starter set entry with 10th Ed next year or will come sooner. I suspect sooner but then they do have leagues of votann and the last half dozen codexes to release still.

Angron

(Khârn)

Generic lord

Generic lord on juggernaut

Champion equivalent

Priest equivalent

Beserkers

Khorne cultists

TermiNators

Plastic blood slaughterer

Juggernaut mounted cavalry

Plus the usuals from the csm codex such as daemon prince, possessed, rhino, helbrute, predator, land raider etc.

Thoughts?

Gosh I’d love for all these to be real. I fear we’ve seen the end of juggernauts in 40k other than bloodcrushers. As well as AoS, where blades of Khorne or other chaos didn’t receive any new juggernaut kits. Still, if ever we had a chance to see them again, this is both the most likely and possibly last chance. Fingers crossed.

Seems reasonable to expect Angron to get a model, due to rumors and precedent.

Lol yea the "alpharius" guy who has been right about everything said Angron is def coming with zerkers.

I would love Updated rampagers with special weapons'.

Devourers and Butchers would be wonderful

I NEED plastic Dreadclaws lol so much fun

Oh....and an Apothecary Give me Kargos as a character or atleast the ability to make him

Edited by betrayer41

The nostalgia has been so strong with gw the past few years that I hope jugger mounted marines and maybe even beast men in a similar style to bsf are on the cards.

Put me in the camp that wants to see juggerzerks or whatever they would be called. The thought of Berzerkers riding juggernauts into battle looking for skulls to take brings joy to my heart.

I love all the ideas for Angron too, make him killy beyond killy and yet slightly detrimental to the legion in some sort of creative fun way.

Can't wait for this book to come out. Gonna sell my grey knights and go all in for Khorne.

I love all the ideas for Angron too, make him killy beyond killy and yet slightly detrimental to the legion in some sort of creative fun way.

I also look forward to seeing how he gets presented in the rules. Maybe must charge the nearest target and can never fall back. That way he will mince whatever he charges but can be kited away from the action or tied up with chaff.