Iron Warriors: The Raiders of Nachmund

@Tallarn Commander Seeking intel against the Iron Warriors are you? Sneaky Tallarn....Tactically the Dreadclaw has been a life saver. I'm not sure I have been playing it 100% correctly because I don't have much reference, but a 5 man berzerker squad and a greater possessed tend to overperform. The berzerkers can hold their own against what I send them at and the greater possessed can usually pick up a secondary objective. 

I wouldn't mind just taking a regular Astarte's drop pod, but the claw itself hits like a truck when it starts spidering around. I would say it's an invaluable tactical option every Chaos commander should have in their arsenal. 

@Prot

The recipe for the metal I have to credit Iron-Daemon Forge whose 5th Grand Company has provided me with ample inspiration.

I use an airbrush the first four steps. A base black, then layer lead belcher followed by a nuln oil wash then (surprisingly) a druchii violet wash. I was drybrushing storm host on most of the models, but the latest rhino taught me that making a stabbing motion with this step applies it better.

The trim is a simple retributor armour with an agrax earth shade wash.

I built and did a basic table top paintjob for my second autocannon bringing my CSM squad strength to 8 including a cannon for each squad.

1141862_sm-.jpg

I also added some more detail to the leviathan. That model deserves more attention then I give it, being the most reliable unit I've fielded to date. Practice makes perfect with the freehand, and I had to start somewhere. Could be better, could be worse.  

1141861_sm-.jpg