Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Sicarans With Armor of Contempt

Space Marines

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Thecaveman97

Thecaveman97

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7 posts
So, I've been wondering how people feel about the viability of some of the sicaran tanks such as the omega, with a 2+ and armor of contempt making them far tougher. I have had some success with Leviathan Dreadnoughts for similar reasons, and with 14" move and a cheaper 1cp 200pt price tag, do you think they're finally worth it? (With the new plastic kits coming out, ofc)
  • Karhedron likes this

Karhedron

Karhedron

++ RENASCITUR EX MORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,025 posts
I think the Sicaran has definite mileage now and the Omega looks like the best of the bunch to me. Sadly I suspect the codex will only have the auto-cannon version and the Omega will remain FW only.

Love to be proved wrong though.
Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

CCE1981

CCE1981

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,192 posts
  • Faction: Tempestus Griffons

The regular Sicaran Battle Tank lacks firepower for the points.

Edited by CCE1981, 13 May 2022 - 11:31 PM.

Karhedron

Karhedron

++ RENASCITUR EX MORS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 6,025 posts

The regular Sicaran Battle Tank lacks firepower for the points.

The Sicaran is significantly shootier, faster and tougher than a Predator Destructor for only a handful more points (not that the Predator is good, I admit). The problem is that much of its firepower has just been hit hard by AoC and Marines are always going to be a target you have to take into account.
Sanguinius stood up, stretching his wings to their full extent. He flexed his hands. "I need no blade".
It was as though Sanguinius gleamed with pale light, his face white, eyes becoming blood-red, surrounded by the golden crown of flowing hair. Guilliman had witnessed glimpses of of his brother's wrath before, but had never seen the true Blood Angel unleashed. Sanguinius surged forward on alabaster wings, half a meter from the floor, whiteness streaming from him like flames.

MegaVolt87

MegaVolt87

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,718 posts
  • Faction: Iron Warriors

Sicaran Omega is amazing, I wish CSM had access to all the variants....

• Karhedron likes this
gallery_154982_15362_23624.jpg

My Iron Warriors Project   Guns for the guns god!, Bullets for the Brass throne!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Space Marines

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users