Heads up on existing tactica threads with the 2.0 launch.

Slips

Heyo, this is just a heads up that at the launch of HH2.0, we will be retiring the current Tactica threads and deploying a new suite so that we can have a fresh discussion about the legions in the new system and make it less of a monolithic task for those just joining us to find stuff.

Until that time, though, feel free to keep using them as is.

For armies that arent present at launch, we'll create new topics for them as they are released.

Well, with the whole Liber books being leaked, we might as well just move ahead with the swap.

Now, that said, the threads have generic names. So, if you can think of a more appropriate legion name for the tactica thread (Such as: The Phalanx: VIIth Legion Tactica or Serpents Lair: XXth Legion Tactica) feel free to post it here.

1. DA: The Angels of Death: Ist Legion Tactica OR The Hekatonystika: Ist Legion Tactica
  2. EC: Brotherhood of the Phoenix: IIIrd Legion Tactica
  3. IW: The Dodekatheon: IVth Legion Tactica
  4. WS
  5. SW: The Aett: Vith Legion Tactica
  6. IF: The Phalanx: VIIth Legion Tactica
  7. NL: The Kyroptera: VIIIth Legion Tactica
  8. BA: The Crimson Host: IXth Legion Tactica
  9. IH: The Iron Tenth: Xth Legion Tactica
  10. WE: The Gladitorial Pits: XIIth Legion Tactica
  11. UM: The Tetrarchs of Ultramar: XIIIth Legion Tactica
  12. DG: The Unbroken Blade: XIVth Legion Tactica
  13. TS
  14. SoH: The Mournival: XVIth Legion Tactica
  15. WB: The Dark Brethren: XVIIth Legion Tactica
  16. SAL: The Pyre Guard: XVIIIth Legion Tactica
  17. RG: The Ravenspire: XIXth Legion Tactica
  18. AL: Serpents Lair: XXth Legion Tactica
Edited by Slips

Can we look into keeping the old threads alive in some capacity for people that still like playing the original ruleset, or are we just going with the old rules are invalid and thus ignored?

I mean, they'll still be there. Ill unlock them once Im done updating the repository thread and will go through to mark them as being HH1.0 to avoid confusion

RE: Angels of Death, I think erring on the side of a 'location' that those within the Legion would use to plan out stuff might be more thematic. So something like The Rock or The Hekatonystika might work better.

But, if we get more people in favor of titles such as "The Angels of Death" I have no problem with it.

For Death Guard, I think The Unbroken Blades is fitting as that was what they were to Mortarion. And for the Iron Hands, I think the Iron Tenth works, as practical and straight forward as Ferrus Manus. Of course if any of my fellow Death Guard and Iron Hands legionaries have their own thoughts I would be happy to hear them.

Also, I'll just say, if some of the legions don't have community names, I may, or may not, just choose meme-y names for them in an executive decision.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

RE: Angels of Death, I think erring on the side of a 'location' that those within the Legion would use to plan out stuff might be more thematic. So something like The Rock or The Hekatonystika might work better.

But, if we get more people in favor of titles such as "The Angels of Death" I have no problem with it.

Could do the Council of Masters or something like that then.

For Death Guard, I think The Unbroken Blades is fitting as that was what they were to Mortarion. And for the Iron Hands, I think the Iron Tenth works, as practical and straight forward as Ferrus Manus. Of course if any of my fellow Death Guard and Iron Hands legionaries have their own thoughts I would be happy to hear them.

I like the Death Guard suggestion! A nod towards ‘Raiders of the Dusk’ or a classic ‘Sepulchre’ (in homage to a particular website of yore!) could also work nicely. 

• 1 month later...

I appreciate this is in actually in no way important or impactful, but could we get the threads who haven't had their names changed over yet to the suggestions outlined above in Slips sum up post? If nothing else, bit of consistency for everyone but Scars and Sons :P 

My own suggestions for Sons at least would be 'The Fellowships of Tizca/Prospero' or something of that ilk - The Prosperan Fellowships? Not sure what the grammar would be there.

Edited by Aeternus