[DW] The Desolation of Innocence (RPG OOC Thread)

Mazer Rackham

It's in the fluff

Never heard that tidbit before.  I knew that human TDA was fitted to a collar or somesuch, but always thought Black Carapace fitted all marks of Space marine equipment.  Interesting...

You'll get the benefit of Black Carapace here.

You'll need it... ;)

Edited by Mazer Rackham

12,000xp I think.

Rank 4 = 25,000

Rank 1 = 13,000

(Must include - not reduce, duh) the 1,000 xp is given as gratuity on chargen)

Yes, 12k.

So, just so it's clear in my head, when creating our characters we'd need to spend:

Starting 1,000XP which could only be taken from Characteristic Advances, Rank 1 boxes or our Chapter box.

13,000-16,999 = 4,000XP, as above.

17,000-20,999 = 4,000 from Rank 2 boxes (or any of previous)

21,000-24,999 = 4,000 from Rank 3 boxes (or any of previous)

And that's where we'd start the game, starting Rank 4 at 25,000?

[CALCULUS]

Correct.

I'd once over all the sheets anyway to make sure it's all fine.  Be advised if you do want Elite Advances, you will need to run them past me first.

I have created some blank googledoc templates, I will sending out email links to the folder shortly.

EDIT: You should check your google drives now.  Tell me if you're not seeing the shared folder.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

Ah very good, thanks! I had already started work on mine (rather than doing other, more productive things) per our DM thread.

No worries, we were in contact :smile.:

Please everyone go ahead and roll up your characters now, if you haven't.

If you are having difficulty or need an assist, go ahead and drop a line in here and one of helpful  lobotomy  er, servitors will attend you.  I don't envision the game starting very soon - there's a lot to do, but we can lay the technical work.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

Nice! So how much XP would you have to start at Rank 4?

Yes.

12,000xp I think.

Rank 4 = 25,000

Rank 1 = 13,000

(Must include - not reduce, duh) the 1,000 xp is given as gratuity on chargen)

Yes, 12k.

The spoiler tag apparently concerns being spoiled as a player, in this instance.

Word of advice - unless you roll up for Tartaros, don't bother buying a Talent like Step Aside.  This gives you an extra Dodge, and you can't dodge in TDA.

@MR - So we start at Rank 4 with 12,000 XP to spend and not 25,000 XP. 12,000 XP isn't even Rank 1

Yeah, I'm checking this again with Mazer as I still wasn't clear myself...

...but I think its: 1000XP Initial spend at Character creation, plus another 4,000XP at each Rank (1-3) for a total to spend of 13,000XP.

5k at Rank 1

4k at Rank 2 (and below)

4k at Rank 3 (and below)

And that's where we start the game!

Hey Mazer (or anyone else), out of idle curiosity, does terminator armor come with "stock" weaponry? My understanding was that it's assumed that a bog-standard suit would come with a power fist and storm bolter, but it's a little unclear to me based on the rules as presented in the core rulebook. What I'm getting at is are the aforementioned weapons considered standard terminator kit, or do we need to requisition every weapon (outside of those provided via sig wargear or various specialties as appropriate)?

I think Mazer said that we'd each get 50 Req to buy 2 Weapons chosen from the Terminator Weapons list, with the exception that only Devs can take heavy Weapons, and only Assaulters can take twin-LCs or TH/SS.

Edit: But I guess if you've got starting kit like a Techy Axe or Force Weapons, you don't need as much Req'd kit...

Edited by Lysimachus

Yeah, I'm checking this again with Mazer as I still wasn't clear myself...

...but I think its: 1000XP Initial spend at Character creation, plus another 4,000XP at each Rank (1-3) for a total to spend of 13,000XP.

5k at Rank 1

4k at Rank 2 (and below)

4k at Rank 3 (and below)

And that's where we start the game!

This is completely correct.  Apologies for confusion.

Hey Mazer (or anyone else), out of idle curiosity, does terminator armor come with "stock" weaponry? My understanding was that it's assumed that a bog-standard suit would come with a power fist and storm bolter, but it's a little unclear to me based on the rules as presented in the core rulebook. What I'm getting at is are the aforementioned weapons considered standard terminator kit, or do we need to requisition every weapon (outside of those provided via sig wargear or various specialties as appropriate)?

Unless you have a 'kit' which provides you with equipment, your TDA comes with gloves, and that's it.  Those aren't my rules - they're lifted right from Core.

I think Mazer said that we'd each get 50 Req to buy 2 Weapons chosen from the Terminator Weapons list, with the exception that only Devs can take heavy Weapons, and only Assaulters can take twin-LCs or TH/SS.

This is correct.

The 50 Req is a trial figure, given that Req can still be pooled.  The book only allows for 40...

[CALCULUS]

Correct.

I'd once over all the sheets anyway to make sure it's all fine.  Be advised if you do want Elite Advances, you will need to run them past me first.

I have created some blank googledoc templates, I will sending out email links to the folder shortly.

EDIT: You should check your google drives now.  Tell me if you're not seeing the shared folder.

@MR - What is a Google Drive?

@MR - What is a Google Drive?

Tech Heresy, if you're not a Google user.

I'll send you a link - you should be able to see your excel worksheet from that.  If not, I'll try and email you a copy of the sheet.  If that doesn't work, we'll just have to do it the old fashioned way and dump it all in your character thread post.

Excellent!

We march onwards, to glorious  sacrifice  er,  slaughter  er, victory!

EDIT: I have opened the character thread here.

It is WIP, but you are free to work up any backgrounds or historical data there for your Terminators. :smile.:

Edited by Mazer Rackham

Korvaan the Deathwatch Forge Master had been seconded to the mission.

Clad in his matte black Artificer Armour he attended carefully to his slightly less well armoured colleague's war plate. Proudly he spoke Techna Lingua to the ancient war spirits whilst the arms of his servo-harness lifted and bolted on additional plating for the exploration of the Space Hulk.

Later on he searched the Forge and the Armourium for an Indomitus TDA to suit his needs. He would feel naked without his Artificer Armour and Servo-Harness, but he knew that on a Space Hulk he would need all the edges.

Eventually from the bellicose and hungry war spirits he found a suit which he could subdue, it had hunted Orks too.

Edited by Machine God