Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

MoD AoD - Battle Reports

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
229 replies to this topic

BrotherCaptainArkhan

BrotherCaptainArkhan

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,863 posts
NOOO!

Ah, well. Makes you wonder about all the tin foil power armour jokes...

-Arkhan. :P

B0BsTLO.jpg   vV378By.jpg

SalPyro

SalPyro

++ QUORUM CONSUASOR ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,724 posts
Wow. I never would have guessed that I would get outshot. I expected to get diced into little pieced long ago by someones lightning claws or Croisus, but death by plasma pistol... :P
Here's a new bunch of rumors that I decided to completely make up.

If only more rumor posting people would use this disclaimer...

Commander Y

Commander Y

++ ASSULTUS CLAMOR ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,884 posts
Oh, you have GOT to be kidding me!!??!!

Taken out by a Wannabe Mime?

How embarrassing. I demand a recount!
Y

MiniVault
Member of the I <3Joker fan club.

bravelybravesirrobin

bravelybravesirrobin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,330 posts
ARRROOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

at the risk of being over confident I think we all new at the start the the most bad ass mod on these forums was depth

well except maybe mekboy but he didn't enter, and thank god he did or this competition wouold be even more one sided, although watching foul slaaneshi marines vomit gretchin from the infested pancakes they ate would have been very funny.
"Bravely Brave Sir Robin. rode forth from camelot. he was not afraid to die, oh brave sir robin. He was not in the least bit scared to be killed in nasty ways. Brave, brave, brave, brave sir robin"

Reccomended webcomics - www.nuklearpower.com, www.elgoonishshive.com, www.turnsignalsonalandraider.com, www.sluggy.com, www.shlockmercenary.com, www.pvponline.com, www.sinfest.net

Nicholas Wolfer

Nicholas Wolfer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,484 posts
Rex, I don't think anyone commented on the Powerpuff Girls reference, but I caught it! Ahriman as Mojo, who would've thunk it?

Meanwhile, I thought Tin Foil trapped the heat and made it better to cook?

Edited by Nicholas Wolfer, 26 July 2004 - 02:37 AM.

QUOTE(DepthCharge @ Aug 12 2005, 07:50 PM)
Space Wolves are badasses that operate just barely within the rules.
13th Co. didn't even know there were rules applying to how badass they could be.

Aurelius Rex

Aurelius Rex

++ GESTORIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,726 posts

Rex, I don't think anyone commented on the Powerpuff Girls reference, but I caught it! Ahriman as Mojo, who would've thunk it?

Thanks Nicholas. ;) Aaahh, Mojo Jojo, what a character! ;)

I am not going to be able to read about Ahriman from now on without imagining him as a green chimp with a grotesquely large and exposed brain! :P
Hidden Content

DepthCharge

DepthCharge

++LUPUS CARIOSUS++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 8,674 posts

*slaps Nicholas*

Quiet minion ;)

Hey Salpyro, at least you didn't burn your hands...this is the most overheats I've had...well...ever.

This final battle shall be glorious indeed, we'll make sure that it's one for the ages :P
Your resident armchair tactician, wielder of the sacred Shotgun-Frost-Thunderhammer, and keeper of the Space Wolf Tactica Project.

"To swing first is good, but to swing last is better."

Rules: Know and Obey

nite_moogle

nite_moogle

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,526 posts

This final battle shall be glorious indeed, we'll make sure that it's one for the ages :P

Or at least for a good ten minutes afterward before the Frater are distracted.

Ooooo... shiny.

Zaemie

Zaemie

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 691 posts

This final battle shall be glorious indeed.

And the party in The Fang afterwards will be worthy of it's own saga, I'm sure.

Unfortunately I'll have to catch the highlights afterwards, but I wish I could make it.

==Me==

==Me==

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 5,422 posts
Whoever wins is buying the Ale for the after party ;)

Ithe one, the only one, there is not two, not three, and four is right out. I am the one, the only, the unique, the original...

MOJO JOJO!! :P
Angels of the Lion
Oh yeah, well I'll go make ==My== own blog, with Blackjack & Hookers

BLOODGOD

BLOODGOD

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 395 posts

Ithe one, the only one, there is not two, not three, and four is right out. I am the one, the only, the unique, the original...
MOJO JOJO!! ;)

Mixing metaphors, aren't we? :lol:
"Evil will always win, because good is dumb."

If it sounds sarcastic, don't take it seriously.
If it sounds dangerous, do not try it at home or at all.
And if it offends you, just don't listen to it.
- the Offspring

Anacron

Anacron

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,572 posts

one, there is not two, not three, and four is right out.

Someone's been watching too much Holy Grail. ;)
In another life I'd be drenched in sweat with you
But it's this life darlin' and in this life we make do.

brother_haakon

brother_haakon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• +EXCOMMUNICATUS+
  • 272 posts
ah ha DC beats a sunburnt hand and is in the final
Huzzah, a real Triumph!!!!!!!!!!
and if you Beat tu'shan can I PLEASE have my sallies HUMAN pinyata competition. Please.........................................................

cool

wolftooth

wolftooth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 225 posts
Go on depthcharge you can win

first Hakon now Raynor the wolves are on a roll

100 posts mods here I come
Rurik of the Rus
Kniaz of the Claws of Sarmae

bravelybravesirrobin

bravelybravesirrobin

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,330 posts
actually anacron although it is reminiscent of holy grail in this context its actually a Mojo Jojo riff (from powerpuff girls, oh the shame) as much of the dialogue is from an episode of the shw where Mojo says pretty much the same thing.

and as you can tell from my name I'm something of a holy grail fan, so I'd know ;)
"Bravely Brave Sir Robin. rode forth from camelot. he was not afraid to die, oh brave sir robin. He was not in the least bit scared to be killed in nasty ways. Brave, brave, brave, brave sir robin"

Reccomended webcomics - www.nuklearpower.com, www.elgoonishshive.com, www.turnsignalsonalandraider.com, www.sluggy.com, www.shlockmercenary.com, www.pvponline.com, www.sinfest.net

wolftooth

wolftooth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 225 posts
Cant wait for the bat rep

Im more of a life of brian person

Edited by wolftooth, 28 July 2004 - 03:24 PM.

Rurik of the Rus
Kniaz of the Claws of Sarmae

DepthCharge

DepthCharge

++LUPUS CARIOSUS++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 8,674 posts
Quiet minions, the final battle shall be upon you soon...

For the Wolftime, For Russ, etc.
Your resident armchair tactician, wielder of the sacred Shotgun-Frost-Thunderhammer, and keeper of the Space Wolf Tactica Project.

"To swing first is good, but to swing last is better."

Rules: Know and Obey

Anacron

Anacron

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,572 posts
A certain Captain Chapel has not confirmed his instructions yet, so as as soon as he does well get this freak show... sorry, I'll say that again. We'll get this grand final underway. Rather busy tomorrow, so expect the results up Saturday evening. :rolleyes:

Captain Chapel

Captain Chapel

++ REPTILIUS GLADIUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,824 posts
Sorry, I just got back from a camping trip.

I'll get those instructions out ASAP. Damn unpacking sucks.

+++EDIT+++

CAMPING PICS

brother_haakon

brother_haakon

+FRATER DOMUS+

• +EXCOMMUNICATUS+
  • 272 posts
I known Tu'shan, camping can be a pain.

by the way, while the mods are still here, what happened to my sunburnt hands.???????

Kurgan the Lurker

Kurgan the Lurker

++ INQUISITUS EXTERMINATI ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 18,607 posts
Same thing that happens to all the other time wasting threads that degenerate into off-topic nonsense..it gets purged.

The Cult of Orange -- None Can Withstand Our Color!
Duck Blind Miniatures - The website has been gone for a long time so I've put up a FaceBook page to show what photos I have left or may add in the future.
Duck Blind Minis IG - I do post on IG too but fair warning there are other things (mostly the gym) on here besides minis.
Kurgan's Twitter Feed
Kurgan's FaceBook Page

"And maybe the Traitor Legions would come to their senses, renounce the Ruinous Powers and return to the light of the Emperor." -- Ciaphis Cain on the likelihood of a Mawloc being scared off by a melta blast.

Anacron

Anacron

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,572 posts
Lord Solar Macharius(for one last time): "It's nearly here, after weeks of intense one-on-one combat, and after some amazing scenes, it's the grand final of the Tournament of Champions.

"Many great names have fallen by the wayside; the Chaotic minions have all been vanquished and the representative of the Holy Inquisition has been defeated - it's Space Marine versus Space Marine today, the best the Adeptus Astartes has to offer will be fighting it out to the death.

"With me in the studio is Marneus Calgar and Khârn the Betrayer again, so lads, how do you think these weeks have gone?"

KtB: "Well Solar, apart from the absolutely appalling showing of the Chaotic legions it has been most excellent - blood has been spilled and limbs have been dismembered most gratifyingly."

MC: "Er, I suppose that's one way of putting it. I have been impressed by the standard of the battles - only the best are still with us, and those poor deluded fools from the Eye of Terror have been destroyed."

LSM: "I couldn't agree more Marneus; it's loyalists only in the final - just as it should be."

KtB: "But there has certainly been more than a fair share of controversy - who can forget the semi-finals, both of which were ordered to be replayed. Corruption in the halls of power I say."

MC: "Hmm, I have noticed things as well - some of the earlier matches were won on sheer fluke it seems to me. If it weren't for Lady Luck we could be looking at a very different final."

LSM: "Yes, some of the top names went out very early on - Nihilus Gohan and Sedon were both expected to go far, as was Radamanthys.

"So let's summarise the tournament so far, and see how today's competitors got here...

Round 1

Raynor Doomhowl beat Dom Augustus
Weapons Master Hardwick beat Nihilus Gohan
Murchad Kite beat Nephren-ka
Arrancador del Fuego beat Renaud de Chatillon
Gunner von Barre beat Sedon
Zamael beat Veteran Sergeant Malyr
Captain Chapel beat Radamanthys
Sword Brother Jeramakus beat Chaplain Thiel

Round 2

Raynor Doomhowl Weapons Master Hardwick
Arrancador del Fuego beat Murchad Kite
Gunner von Barre beat Zamael
Captain Chapel beat Sword Brother Jeramakus

Semi-finals

Raynor Doomhowl beat Arrancador del Fuego
Captain Chapel beat Gunner von Barre

Final
Raynor Doomhowl versus Captain Chapel

LSM: "It certainly has been a very hard fight to get this far, and now they have only one more to win - and it's going to get bloody out there. Despite both being defenders of the Imperium, there's nothing the Space Wolves like more than a good scrap, and even the Silver Skulls are not above a disagreement.

"The referee for this final will be Anacron, but the main commentator will be Aurelius Rex - it's a joint effort here. On more final bit of news - we've heard that Lord Inquisitor Coteaz of the Ordo Malleus is returning to the arena for the final. However, this is a business trip, and what's brought him here is unknown. More news as we get it.

"So who's your money on then lads?"

MC: "Well, I'd have to go for Captain Chapel, he's done really well against the odds to get this far."

KtB: "I'll go for Raynor, he's got some very good weaponry and excellent skills in assault."

LSM: "Well, we'll find out very soon, expect Aurelius Rex to be around on Monday. I'm just hearing that Inquisitor Coteaz is on the trail of a daemonhost - but what he's doing here is anyone's guess. The final battle will be resolved soon!"

Captain Chapel

Captain Chapel

++ REPTILIUS GLADIUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,824 posts
Horrible!

What a tease!

Commander Y

Commander Y

++ ASSULTUS CLAMOR ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 4,884 posts
Oh, DO get over it, you wannabe mime. *sighs bitterly*
Y

MiniVault
Member of the I <3Joker fan club.

Captain Chapel

Captain Chapel

++ REPTILIUS GLADIUS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 2,824 posts
I think you are just jealous, just because you can win 15 golden demons but not win a AoD contest -_-