Codex Night Lords

Gree

So what do you all really think happened to Night Haunter ,the Index Astartes for the NL got real weird towards the end,like how his fortress was made by still living bodies??And what happened to Night Haunter?

Also,wouldnt it be cool to make a diorama of Night Haunter fighting a Calidus assasin over dead bodies,hmmm your thoughts?

If Konrad fought back, I cant see any way for an assasin to beat him. He was not only a primarch, he was the mother of all assasins.

But personally I actually think he let go and freed himself. I think he just let the darkness come. (Cant really explain why the transmission ended though)

what you say nine braker is possibly true but the night lords were well known for using orbital bombing of planets just to kill a few people so I wold say a defiler might fit in.

Actually,that's Not true.

What some Night Lord Great Companies are partial to is detonating nuclear warheads in orbit of a planet.(See "The Culling of Grendel's World.IA vol.2)

This is not done to "just kill a few people",but rather to use the fallout to create a nuclear winter and disrupt communication systems via the EMP.

Orbital bombardment,tanks,and the like is IW territory.

As some said already,Night Lords revel in the gathering fear of thier prey through stalking.

I'm sorry i wasn't intending to say that they would use bombardment to kill a "few" people. i was thinking of when they were still loyal and the night haunter was ordered to kill a group of 40-200 people and waht they did was that they bombarded the planet with some toxic warheads and annihilated all human population. and when i said a few people i was referring to the size of the target compared to the size of the population.

furthermore danek's statement was true and i find it easy to think that the night lords could do that kind of stuff.

and i'm still curious about them bikes. could anyone possibly tell me what role they serve on the battlefield and how to keep them alive as well as preffered tactics with them?

Hey im new here (after coming from IA) and i had an i dea for NL for anyone whos read Lord of the Night the NL in it is from when the chapter first founded. I was thinkin about making a NL army based on what he describes. Basically a finley tuned assualt army with little to no help from the gods. It would emphasise on Raptors and i might even try to get the talon master (zho). Oh and night haunter didnt fight back and the assain did get back alive minus one hand. She would have gotten back in one piece had she not stolen the Niht haunters crown. And yes his fortress was madde of still living bodies.

~Ave Dominus Nox!~

• 2 weeks later...

Hm, what wouldn't be frightening or terrifying about huge lumbering grotesque things like obliterators. Or skull covered lumber giants that are terminators. Both of these deep striking right next to you as the rest of the Nights Lords pop up from cover right behind them. Or even a Monstorous creature like the Defiler. It's not about worshipping the gods on some of these its about enslaving and/or using them to their own ends. Whatever gets the job done. If Raptors help all good, if a defiler that i remind you attacks in close combat as well is lumbering towards you popping off cannon shots as it tries to rip you a new one.... The true trap is sprung is when half your army infiltrates the other half deep strikes in. Deep strike the termies behind and go for cross fires. Tear into the front lines with Raptros and assault marines with your lord and watch them flee in terror into your waiting termies....

Bikes is another good option to run along beside raptors when you can't infiltrate. take them down the sides with everything else hitting one side. Attack 2-3 units on one unit either wipeing them out or making them run. Never spread out as other have mentioned before. One snazzy thing with bikes since everything that infiltrats is already up there, have the bikes turbo boost first turn. Then they can assault next turn with your raptors and assault marines. Or use them to shoot up unites before your assault elements charge in.

With possessed it is also like the raptors... they started changing to fit their aspect or whatever. More feral looking as combat monsters... more bat like if they are winged ones. (this is what i did with mine... huge bat like wings fanged up faces....) its not to do with worshipping chaos its about being around the eye of terror and or inside. You dont have to worship the gods to be warped. Since these new changed possessed would be pretty dang frightening you think they wouldn't use them?

Just my thoughts on the art of terror.

thanks,

sp

Night Lords would use stuff like defilers and termies. The fluff sates that the Night Lord military tactics involve a massive display of strength to utterly decimate those who oppose them. So defilers and terminators wouldn't go astray, as well as the other big, scary, freaky units. I see Night Lords as being absolute masters of killing in noisy, gruesome ways on the battle field, but once the militia have been dealt with, moving silently into the city, only letting the civilians see flickers of their presence to add to the psychological factor and continuing the slaughter, this time taking their time. Nothing is as scary as knowing that not only are there big scary guys coming for you, but they beat your most elite armed forces hands down. Then you know you are totally powerless to defend yourself or your family decently, hence the larger than normal amount of suicides that accompany a Night Lord invasion. <_<

Hmm i woulda thought the Night Lords to be more subtle to quote the haunter himself

"If you kill 1,000 they will hate you, If you kill 10,000 they will band together to hunt you but if you kill one they will fear you, if you kill 2 they will see you in the shadows and if you kill 3 they will suspect eachother" at least it goes along those lines. I always invisoned them as attacking from within the enemy and causing extreme panic with quick hit and run tactics. Because if you follow Hitchcocks mantra what you dont see is more scary than what you see. I would be much more scared of a faceless terror that killed without remorse or pity to even the servants of the emperor than i would against thousands of enemys because then i would have the weapon of faith. But when your dreaming of that horrible thing that kills your buddys everynight not even faith can save ya.

i never said they wouldn't go in stealthily. I just said that the main tactics used by the Night Lords is utter and extreme force. Also to quote Night Haunter "that by utterly crushing the aggressor in full view of his compatriots, an enforcer not only solves the original problem beyond all doubt but ensures that those who observe it dare not stray from Imperial law." And yes, I know it says Imperial but that quote was taken from when Night Haunter still fought for the Imperium, but his Legions tactics have remained basically the same, only adding a more violent, chaotic element. The Night Lords do go for the stealthy tactics, but mostly only against the civilians of whatever planet falls prey to their attentions. If anything, the Night Lords would use their stealthy abilites to close with the enemy without their knowing, then charging in while yelling 'BOO!'. The hit-and-run tactics would also be a part of the main attack, displaying to the poor civilians that they can attack where and when they wish, with lightning speed. These are the tactics Night Haunter himself used while gaining control of Nostramo Quintus, and while he ruled it, just on a smaller scale, as he only had to deal with one or two people at a time. And where did that quote from the Haunter come from? I've never heard it before. :blush:

OK, gotta get that book!

And an idea for a defiler, how bout having furies tied to the defiler so that it is like a mobile gun platform towed around by a flock of furies chained to the machine. The claws could be left out, and close combat attacks more like the furies attacking. It keeps with the theme that the furies used by the Night Lords are enslaved, so we have them like a slave team.:blush:

Thats a cool idea but would it be legal in a game? Lol i dont think so but it would scare the Sh!t outa me. Lord of the Night is a really great book that goes in detail about the Haunters past and about the haunters second in command I reccomend it to all Night Lord players

Sure it'd be legal, kind of like a chaos version of a necron monolith! Justify it by saying that it's too heavy for the Furies to lift it high enough to count as a skimmer, they can just lift it high enough to go over the rocks or whatever else it has to go through/around.

Yeh, gonna make one for my new night lord force. :ph34r: Although since im gonna have 2 defilers i need an idea for another one. I'm thinking continuing the last idea and slave theme, making it similiar to a defiler, but a cage of furies that has warped to form the guns/claws/legs etc. Don't know if its gonna be worth doing, :angry: as it will be hard to get looking realistic :ph34r: . Any feedback for that idea would be great, any and all criticism accepted.

Archived