Codex Night Lords

Gree

dude, i like the oblits (did i say that on the NL forum?)

a quick note on the bat heads:

what they're really for is for hitting grenades back at the enemy.

cue mental image of big, scary, nl coming through the doorway. the cowering refugees from the massacre outside hurl their last grenade, knowing it's their only hope to survive.

the marine simply punts the grenade back at them with a flick of his head (loreal advert on tv, anyone?) and watches as they die horribly. *snigger*

While not a NL player, an idea I had would be this:

Deploy your leader and two squads of troops.

.. Wait until your opponent asks if that's it, then mock him and be like 'You couldn't beat me with what you have.'

.. Let him/her show you all of the troops and whatnot.

.. Summon or call in reserves. Make sure you max out everything and have as many things filled as possible.

.. Tell me how quickly his expression goes from arrogance to outright horror.

That might work, but only if you go for the Daemonic style Night Lords, something I avoid like the plague. Unfortunately, this non-daemon style cuts out all of the units that can deep-strike/summon onto the battlefield. It does sound like a good scare tactic, though, but a bit too similiar to the Eldar Ulthwé Strike-force list.

• 4 weeks later...
ahhh i see, kinda.... lol did you notice we seem to be the only ones posting here?

A ripple caused by a pebble dropped in the right part of an ocean can create a tsunami on a distant shore.

This extraodinary and inspiring thread is testament to the power of our Chapter - the only one to be fighting the good and true fight against the corpse on the golden throne.

Keep up the good work, comrades.

• 2 weeks later...

I was kinda looking for a list myself here's what i truly want in my army.

2x8 marines with at least infiltrate

2x5 Raptors also with infiltrate (asp champ with Deamonic Mutation, deamonic Talons)

1 Havocsquad with Heavybolters

I also was thinking of adding my B'lakor model (the storm of chaos model) as a Deamonprince. He now cost around a 140 points.

Could this work, cause i plan on using the raptors to deal with nasty IW players who tend to hide behind something with their indirect firing stuff.

• 1 month later...

Personally I wouldn't do it as it would allow your opponent to pick him out. (he forms a unit with the dog).

Fluffwise: I think it's a good idea, so if you're doing it for modelling purposes - go for it! :D

Note to self: This thread is big enough and most certainly old enough to be moved into the + LIBER VICTORUM +.

• 1 month later...
what is the fury bomb, i tried the search option but ony found one mention of it.

Basically, you sacrifice your 2 Heavy Support options to get 4 Fast Attack.

Then you take a few infiltrating squads or bikers, all with unit icons and bomb your enemy with your 4x10 Chaos Furies.

In my experience it either works very well, or fails spectacularly. :mellow:

WOW, that sounds totally suicidal!!! :devil: i love that idea! have other night lords players tried it also? it sounds wicked. i don't see very many night lords players. maybe this tactic can change that, especially with the new rumored codex coming some day. any good conversion ideas on furies? the metal models are ok, but i'm sure there is a way to make them look better.

any good conversion ideas on furies? the metal models are ok, but i'm sure there is a way to make them look better.

I've been thinking of an alternative as well. The existing Fury models just don't do it for me.

So far I've only come across a few candidates:

link

link

link

link

The last two are a bit too fantasy'esque for my liking but, they're beautiful sculpts nevertheless.

I think that the only real alternative to the current Furies, will be to scratch build them yourself.

I use WHFB Fell bats as my furies.....very Night Lordsy

In 1850 I can roll a sick biker lord, 6 bikes, 3 stealth lascannon squads, a CC squad in a rhino, and a nice havoc squad.....

as long as you take icons everywhere you can it's not a bad list. The daemon bomb only really fails when the player doesn't take enough icons.

--Buddha

• 2 weeks later...
I use WHFB Fell bats as my furies.....very Night Lordsy

Dude just dreamt up another alternative thanks to you :lol:

http://uk.games-workshop.com/storefront/st...&orignav=13

Remember that bit in batman begins where he summons all those bats so he can make a quick escape from the mental institute B)

I reckon it would be pretty fluffly. Could fit 2 bats per regular marine base i reckon.

• 1 month later...

I've just read the Lord of the Night book, which leaves me with two questions:

Does anyone actually have a Night Lords army without daemon influence? (no furies, no devistators, no visible Chaos influence)

If you had an army without Chaos influence, but they were still Night Lords, would you still use them as a Chaos army, or would you use the standard space marine codex?

Philosophical questions are hard to transfer into gaming terms..

I've just read the Lord of the Night book, which leaves me with two questions:

Does anyone actually have a Night Lords army without daemon influence? (no furies, no devistators, no visible Chaos influence)

I used to, but now I'm partly daemonic. There are a few "puritan" Night Lords armies out there. eg, I know that Knightmare fields a no-daemon NL army.

If you had an army without Chaos influence, but they were still Night Lords, would you still use them as a Chaos army, or would you use the standard space marine codex?
No, I would still use the Chaos dex (Daemonic Visage for everyone), it's the only way to represent the fear aspect in my humble opinion.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

With Space Wolves bieng my first choice loyalist chapter (love the fluff... im a fluffhead), the Night Lords are definetly my first choice for Chaos.

I dont see the Night Lords as either insane, corrupted or in any way loyal to any power. I think they are more "renegade" marines but from both forces and are simply continuing the Night Haunters will, whatever that is. I dont know a lot about the Night Lords but what I do know is that he could see the future in extremely painfull prescient visions. He knew the whole Crusade-Heresy-Exile shebang long before it happened and also allowed himself to be assassinated, maybe he wanted a release from his visions or the guilt of everything or what-bloody ever, I cant say I know at all.

Anyway, the NL use chaos for their own ends, just as they could, percievably, use anyone else for their own ends if the opportunity presented itself.

And fear is the best way to subdue an enemy, if they are too afraid to fight they are no threat.

I digress... After I finish my first 500pts of SW im going to get started on a 500pts NL force. This codex will really help, although im still looking over my options and am not quite sure what to go with. No Daemons for me, I am a fluffhead to the bitter end :blink: .

-Grey Hunter Ydalir

• 4 weeks later...

The NL dont need deamons to get the job done and just because you can use more than one unit of raptors doesn't mean u should. They die just as fast as regular chaos marines and cost way too much.

Bikes are the way to go if u need some fast attacks. The NL can be quite the force aslong as u dont fall into a chaos syndrome and decide to beef everything way too much remember the battle can be won off of a single Chaos marine and stat wise ur better than just about everything else out there in the galaxy

• 4 weeks later...
Before the new codex I was thinking of using Winged Mutants from LATD as Furies captured in a Raptor Cult. But im waiting to read the whole of Lord of Night as I want to make Zso the Talon master (base him on shrike with his squad) and for special rules something like raptors and the ability to be taken off the board to fight another day like the catachan dude

Archived