Aegyptus Astartes

HellChyld

I've been an almost complete strange to Liber for the last year, but I had to comment here and say how much I like what you're doing. Great stuff, the work you've done here is admirable, and very much appreciated by those who enjoy the theming elements and potential of DIYs and associated storylines. I may even be theming my DIY with an egyptian slant the way things are going, so I might be in contact with you. Keep it up man, good work :(

++ INQUISITORIAL REPORT ++

Commit to: Inquisition Records/Ultima Segmentum 1134 A

Cross-file: Adeptus Astartes/Cults 13353

Reference: Inquisition Investigations/ Aegyptus Astartes

Input Date: 3970000M41

Clearance: Omega Gamma/ Inquisitor Constantius

Transmitted: Cynoscephalae, Ultima Segmentum

Transmitter: Astropath Reibuld

Receiver: Astropath Garant

Thought of the Day: Hersey demands Extermination

Attached is a Report from Interrogator Capsilor who I sent to Kar Setir to Investigate the Adeptus Astartes Chapter, Kheprian Scarabs. His report troubles me as do his suggestions. Here is his report for your inspection.

+++ INQUISITORIAL REPORT +++

Commit to: Inquisitor Constantius / Cynoscephalae

Cross-file: Adeptus Astartes / Cults 13353

Reference: Inquisition Investigations / Aegyptus Astartes

Input Date: 3952000M41

Clearance: Epsilon Alpha / Interrogator Capsilor

Transmitted: Kar Duniash, Ultima Segmentum

Transmitter: Nexus, Adeptus Astra Telepathica

Receiver: Astropath Reibuld

As requested, I travelled to Kar Setir in an attempt to unearth information about the Kheprian Scarabs chapter of the Adeptus Astartes. Unfortunately it seems they are as secretive as the Inquisition, if not more so

Yeah, sorry about that wulfgarr. :( I did my best, but a lowly Interrogator like me can't open as many doors as a real Inquisitor can. :D

Thanks, btw. :) When I have some money and inclination to paint more stuff I intend to do this chapter. Also forgot to mention that the Kheprian Scarabs don't have the free Night Vision skill the the NLs usually have. Desert world, see, not used to the dark. ;)

Input Date: 3925000M41

<snip>

Input Date: 3927000M41

<snip>

INDEX ASTARTES:

Sons of Sekhmet

Wow, he sure learned a lot in the seventeen and a half hours between reports - now that is some quality investigative work

Erm... shouldn't that be 2 years? :huh:

Erm... shouldn't that be 2 years? :blink:

No.

The year doesn't change - both dates are in year 000 of M41, only the year fraction changes from 925 to 927 - an advance of 17.5 hours:

Welcome to Imperial Dating 101, I'm Mr Trader, your teacher for today.  Pay attention, there may be a quiz later.  ;)

A typical dating code is written 0555969.M02 or 0555969/M02.  The M02 means it's a second millennium date. The other numbers give the year and fraction of the year.

0 (check number) 555 (year fraction number) 969 (year number) M02 (millennium)

The check number is present due to the temporal distortions which affect ships in warp-space as well as worlds which are remote, or isolated, from Earth. In this case, a '0' is Earth standard date, typically referring to an event that occured with the Terran Solar system.

The year digits specify which year within the millennium running from 001-000 (one thousand). For example 0280964/M39 is the year 964 of the thirty ninth millennium.  In our terms, the year 38,964.

The year fraction is for 'administrative purposes' (ie. to make it sound cooler and so that non-geeks can't work out what is means :P ).  The year is divided into 1000 equal segments; 001-000.

To work out the equivalent Gregorian day, simply divide the fraction number by 1000 and multiply by 365. ie:

1000 = 0.555 x 365 = 202.575 (or the 202nd day of the year, and just after midday)

The 202nd day of the year in July 21st.  Put that together with 1969, and as every schoolboy knows, you get Neil Armstrong walking on the moon (or in a TV studio in somewhere america, depending on whether you believe the conspiracy theorists or not  :) )

Class dismissed.

Therefore each unit of the year fraction =

1000 = 0.365 of a day. Multiply this by 24 to get the number of hours and you see that each unit of the year fraction component of the dating system is equivalent to 8.76 hours, or 8h 45m (roughly).

Thus an advance of two units of the year fraction is equal to 8.76 x 2 = 17.52.

Or Seventeen and a half hours.

RT

only the wip Librarian model has pics of it. My camera is craptiastic so the colors in it always come out way to dark and way to small. I've also started a Blog on Aegyptus Astartes which can be found in my Sig.

Input Date: 4004000M41

Thought of the day: Remember the Martyr, Forget the Fool.

Lord, My Latest Investigation took place on the Adeptus Astartes Chapter the Wraiths of Shu. Unlike my last Investigation I was given full cooperation from the Wraiths. While I saw a larger number of scouts amoung them being trained, the number of fully trained marines was limited to those appointed as guides an assistants. Their Library of records was of great insight and detail on all matters of the chapter and other chapters in the area. Several volumes of information on the Ghost star crusades as well as the Pharoah

Hey is there any chance of getting my egyptian chapter on there one day? ;) Seriously tough, that is really cool!

Oh, me too, me too!

These are all DIY chapters? I didnt realise there were so many, a seeming lack of Egyptian related stuff was the reason I decided on an egyptian theme in the first place(well one of the reasons, at least, I like Egyptology).

I wonder just how much fluff people have written for each of these chapters(I went into great rambling detail about everything, a couple of hundred pages hand written, I posted like two of them on Portent and no one was interested :( )?

Input Date: 4014000M41

Lord, I forward this to you to add to recent investigations on chapters and information related to the Adeptus Astartes brotherhood known as the Aegyptus Astartes. While this Chapter isn't in the region of the Pharoahs Gate I had Junior Inquisitor Therrus Investigate several rumors. Here are his Findings.

++Inquisitorial report++

commit to: Inquisitor Constantius / Cynoscephalae

Input Date: 3974000M41

clearance: Alpha Beta

transmitted: unknown/cross reference-792

transmitter: Junior Inquisitor Therrus

receiver: Astropath Reibuld[/b]

Thought for the day: anger without reason is wasted

My lord as requested I have looked into the information we have received on the Lions of Sekhmet. Enclosed is everything I could find about them, which unfortunately is not much. As requested I traveled to the Savannah planet of Sekhmet but my findings were inconclusive. Planetary scans revealed nothing. I cannot even be sure that Sekhmet is the homeworld of this chapter or if this chapter even truly exists anymore.

Lions of Sekhmet

Origins

Not much is known about the lions of Sekhmet. Their records seem to have been expunged or hidden by an unknown source. The reason information about them has been hidden is also unclear. The time and reason for their creation is also unclear. The only information we have about them is shaky at best. Interrogated Prisoners who have been captured after supposed assaults by the lions of Sekhmet have talked about them and after a thorough search of the records of the adeptus astartes has done nothing but turn up the name of this

Heh. It seems Inquisitor Constantius' apprentices are notoriously incompetent at searching out rogue Marine Chapters (cf. Kheprian Scarabs). ;) I think these sort of investigations should be left to Constantius, who has at least managed to find every Chapter he has investigated. :(

My fellow brothers of the Aegyputs Astartes, me and a friend are currently working on the Sons of Anubis. A second founding of the Pride of Anubis. The color scheme will be grey armor with a green chest eagle and balck head with red eyes. They'll be a very jumpacky army. Transfer will be a wolfs head.

Amon

I see a growing following of the Aegyptus Astartes so I'm working on new Avatars of those Chapters already Finished, as well as putting in overtime on getting some of the other IA's finished. Keep an Eye here for the new Avatars and Updates.

cool im really liking the stuff going on here. shame we cant use the name Horus somewhere without the =][= jumping down on us lol. If i was doing an Egyptian themed army i would probably go for the ptolemiac era - because especially in Alexandria there is a mix of macedonian, Greek and Egyptian styles and plus i think a commander called ptollemy would be cool.

Archived