The Garren Project

Astartes Consul

...When Kreil and a squad of Errants of Redeption marines stormed in. The assembled Captains and chapter masters stood up in indignation as Kreil pulled out his bolt pistol.

He spoke 'In the name of the Emperor, I arrest Captain Iziha of the Warriors of Vengance and the cammanding officers of the Oracles, don't resist and you may be spared'

paraphrased Iziha exposed Kreil. Kreil vanished.

Chaplain Ifuta, of the Oracles, turned to face the contingent of the Errants of Redemption.

"I assume that I am no longer under arrest?"

When no response was immediately forthcoming, he addressed the assembly.

"Honored Brethren, It is obvious that we cannot rely on the information provided by Inquisitor Kreil. It is imperative that we discover the truth of the situation. Here is what we need to know:

1. Does anyone present have first-hand knowledge of enemy activities. If not, this could be a plan to divert dozens of the Astartes into an ambush or, worse, away from where the enemy intends to strike.

2. If there is enemy activity, where has it been detected? Planet, Continent, City/Region?

3. What is the estimated strength of the forces?

4. What is the true nature of the enemy forces Xenos, Heretical, or Warp-spawned?"

Many of the assembled nodded in silent agreement.

"Once we have this information," Ifuta continued, "we need to determine how best to deploy the Emperor's strength. Massive strike at the heart? Harass to drain its strength before the decisive strike? Exterminatis?

We were brought here under the auspices of the Inquisition. Perhaps falsely, but we still carry that mandate and responsibility. My chapter is new. We have not the long experience or wisdom that some other chapters, here, have. The Oracles will bow to their experienced Brethren in discovering the answers to these questions and work with the entire body on deciding how best to bring the Emperor's wrath to bear."

as Commander Castiel entered into the assemby area, he looked around at those already here.

" I am late, forgive me, but i have already made preperations for my scouts to depart to areas in this sector for recon, at the battle leaders go ahead i shall send them on their way."

his fingers flexed tensely around the powerspear he gripped in his right hand, obvious discomfort showing on his face

If anyone wants to have my Msn for dicussion of the Garen project then pm me...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Captain Marcus Kotare of the Blades of Deliverance rose form his seat, casting his gaze across the assembled commanders, chaplians and libraians.

"My brothers, My Fleet assessets hold position around the Executioner class mobile dock, we now stand ready to aid our brothers in their preliminary assaults on the great enemy."His voice resounding throughout the great hall.

"Being somewhat uninformed at the moment of our enemie's position, I still believe that we must make our move now, the inquistor's betrayal can only mean one thing; that the great enemy is aware of our presence and possibly more besides. It is agreed that we cannot strike to sap his strength at the moment, but at the very least must secure some of the planets on the outer edges of the system to secure a foothold for the campiagn, we cannot be found wanting when the traitors strike or we risk the crusade falling apart before it has truely begun."

An Expectant silence greeted the Captain's words,

"I ask you warriors of the Emperor to understand that, whlist we have no knowledge of our enemies, we must ensure that we are ready to fight them regardless, and i intend to capture at least one planet to serve as our headquarters whilst Commander Castiel's scouts bring us the information that we require to take an offensive action, what say you?" Marcus finshed.

Janos looked about him at the assembled might of the Emperor's elite Adeptus Astartes and rose to his feet. "My Brothers, I shall stand ready to place my forces and assault the Great Foe when he is found. Having no scouting forces with me, I shall rely upon those of you who do so to flush out the Prey from hiding."

He paused and pointedly looked in the direction of Commander Castiel. "Once found, the Crusading Lions shall roar forth and rend the Foe with our claws and fangs." The space marine sat to hear his peers speak further, a hand caressing the ears and mane of his Companion Simba, who rumbled his approval and licked his quivering whiskers with a large lazy tongue.

Janos had brought the Simba to the conclave with a trace of misgiving at how his brother marines would react to the large predator. But once raised and trained, a Simba never willingly allowed himself, or herself, to be separated from his 'pride leader' for any reason. Janos carefully watched his brother marines and their reactions to his interruption and to his Companion's presence.

+++

As Terrem entered the command deck of the Valiant Retribution he sensed the thoughts of a navigator in the orbiting fleet, he had picked up those from the Emperor's Right Hand's, it had made a course correction, it was now directing itself at the Valiant Retribution and her supply ships, surely Castus would not be so full hardy as to suspect the Errants of heresy. Then again as a Chaplain it was his duty to assume those loyal to the Emperor traitor until their faith was truly known, or perhaps Castus had his own agenda, it is well documented that the Guardians of Bifrost have worked with the Ordo Xenos in a similar fashion to the Errants themselves.

Terrem muttered under his breathe another chant, trying to focus his energy

There was a hiss as the massive doors to the meeting room slid open, in strode Grandmaster Uriel of the Angels of Lament, his hood keeping his face always in shadow.

*my brothers, I apologise for my abrupt entrance, but I am in need of orders, I and my brother are eager to get to grips with these traitors, we are a old chapter and are history is proud and long and are hatred for Chaos is more that you

Captain Xerian stood up, all the comanders were watching him, he spoke' In 2 days time we strike, scouts have been sent out and I advise that your ships are prepaired, you have 2 days'. He turned and left the room, leaving a stuned scilence in his wake.

I have started sending out the fluff guide lines, you might get them from Utilityzero, he might be acting for me.

cheers

'THE CAPTAIN :huh: '

ok here's how it works, if you want to be more involved then all you need to do is send me a pm so that i can forward you the guidelines (and some hints to help you work into the story line, but no promises on this)

otherwise start preparing for the coming assault, someone will be posting soon with guidelines on how to begin the attacks, if not captain fuzzball i'll have something in-character to that effect. until then you're still aboard the "Vengence."

see you at the table.

While all this pre fight fluff is going on i'm gonna kick up my heels and just generally wait for you guys to begin fighting ...

Also where do we post fluff now .. my lazy approach will make sense once the fluff is published.

:huh: :lol: ^_^

Captain Marcus had not sat down yet, having listened to his brother's words in silence considered the situation for a moment.

"Very well then, Brother-Captain Xerian has given us the deadline, i shall continue with my proposal; I will move to the worlds on the periphery of the Garen system and secure a foothold for the crusade. I shall be in my quarters for the next hour before I leave, if any of you wish to aid me."

With that, the Marcus turned and left the meeting chamber, leaving his brothers to continue their debate.

Castiel turned to face Janos, trying to read his face for any hidden meaning or intent, he shifted uneasily from foot to foot.

"something you wish of me brother?" he spoke in a low even tone, his wyvern cloak still atwich from his latest movement

Hey Bubba, your in if you want, sorry I must have not seen that.

Anyway the first IA:

To Lord Ozrak

I have aqired information on the folowing chapter and can now present it to you.

THE ORACLES:

Oracles

Origins:

As part of the most receint founding (26th Founding, 738.M41), the Oracles are a relativly new chapter. Founded from unknown geneseed, they owe allegience to none, but the Emperor, himself.

During the intial exercises, Tsutomu Ifukube was recognized for his leadership traits as well as for his purity and zeal for the emperor. He was elevated to Reclusiarch. Two other leaders also rose to prominance, Capt. Akira Hirata, and Codicier Ishiro Nakajima.

After a few, initial, campaigns, the new (as yet unnamed) chapter was assigned to a joint venture between the Adaptus Mechanicus and Ordo Hereticus. The exploritor vessel Spiritu Reclamitor was sent on a mission to reclaim worlds for the Emperor of Manknid. The first few systems found only the trace of past inhabitation by humans.

The 7th system held a thriving world of humanity, Kaiju. The Adaptus Mechanicus, found the world low in the technical scale (having lost all knowledge of nuclear, plasma, and warp technology), but of a mind-set that could easily adapt to the technology of the Imperium. The Missionarium found a local cult, the Shepherd of Mankind, who's centeral character had died and left a warning to look for his rebirth heralded by the appearance of a comet or meteor. The locals took the flair from the airbraking of the exploritor ship as the comet/meteor. The Missionarium was able to reinterpret this belief into the "correct" worship of the Emperor. In a cerimony, the local draped the newcommers, including the new space marine chapter, in bright yellow colors and painted icons of the rising comet/meteor on thier armor. The new chapter took on this symbol and coloration.

On the 21st system, Bremen, they encountered the first major opposition. The local populace had kept a technological culture, but seem entrenched and refused to accept the light of the Emperor. The local populace called in the local militia and fortified the Capital city. The missionarium lost 3 delegations. The (as yet unnamed) chapter was set on the plains outside of the city, guarding another delegation of missionarium. Tsutomu, Akira, and Ishiro were talking together while the exploritorium council took a break. The Adaptus Mechanicus were in favor of bypassing the world, and marking it for extermination. The Missionorium wanted to leave a garrison, to bring them back into the fold. While the chapter leaders were talking a comet rose above the plane. All three took this as an omen. All three had the same vision; an alien force behind the planetary leadership. Tsutomu immediatly devised a plan. The main force of the chapter would make a strike at the flank of the defenders. This however, was a diversion. The Elite and Assault teams would don jumppacks and deep strike into the Capital stronghold. The assault teams found the locals unprepaird for this tactic and quickly took the upper floors of the Senate building. Almost at once they faced several Ensalvers. The assault teams were able to quickly dispatch of them. At once, the militias turned to race back and protect the Senate. This provided the opprotunity the Chapter needed. They were able to cut a path through the militia to reach the Senate building. Reinforcing the assault squads, they were able to break throgh the baracades and destroy the remaining Enslavers. After several hours of exchanging fire with the militia, the Chapter was able to present evidence, of the Ensalver's influence. The remaining Senate, was reformed and declared the Imperial forces as liberators and (after hearing the Chapter leader's story) the Space Marines Oracles. The main city was left in the hands of the Missionarium and a chaple of Sisters of Battle, as the Exploritor force moved on. The Chapter took on the name 'Oracles' as thier chapter name.

The rest of the mission proved fruitful bringing over 100 worlds back into the fold of the Imperium.

Home World: None (petitioned to claim Kaiju and Bremen as homeworlds).

Organization/Battle Doctrine: The Oracles take both a measured and quick stike approach. They tend to create a firebase, but then use Fast Attack and Elite elements to disrupt the enemy's plans. While not specializing in close combat (like blood angels), they train equally hard in both firefight and close combat techniques. The Oracles have a disdain for stealth and hiding. They put thier trust in the Emperor and belive that they stand presenting the glory of Him on Earth. Let the enemy fear and tremble at the representatives of the Emperor!

Beliefs: The Oracles deep, abiding belief that they have a special role to play in the battles of the Imperium. They strive to bring glory to the Emperor, and by doing so, themselves. Many of the Oracles have adopted the "corrected" cult of the Shephard of Mankind.

Gene-seed: The geneseed of the Oracles is unknown.

Battlecry: "Glory of the Emperor!"

Chapter Colors and Insignia: Florcent Yellow with Grey trim. Aquilla and skulls in flat metal. Gold lenses on helmet.

Traits & Drawbacks:

Blessed Be the Warrior

Trust you Battle Brother

Aspire to Glory

Take Pride in Your Colors

I hope this pleases my lord,

Inquisitor Jasmane

Castiel turned to face Janos, trying to read his face for any hidden meaning or intent, he shifted uneasily from foot to foot.

"something you wish of me brother?" he spoke in a low even tone, his wyvern cloak still atwich from his latest movement

Janos nodded somberly in the direction of Brother Castiel. "Find the Foe my Brother and the Lions will rend the Prey." The Brother Captain continued to slowly scratch the mane and ears of his Simba Companion while he spoke. "Your warrior-brothers, like mine, are ready and able to meet the Great Foe in combat. Find our enemy and you have but to ask and the might of the Prides of the Crusading Lions shall advance with you to face the Enemy and defeat him."

The thousand kilo feline sitting beside Janos purred and eyed Brother Castiel with gold-green eyes and blinked slowly, the tip of it's tufted tail twitching as if amused by his Pride Leader's speech. Many scars of old wounds criss-crossed the huge lion's hide and marred the perfection of his thick mane. Testament to a life-time of service in combat with his Companion and certainly a Testament of his training and devotion to his Leader. The lion leaned against the side of Janos' seat and rumbled a deep purr as Janos calmed him with his caresses. The armor of the Simba's Leader bore even more scars upon it's surface those upon the Simba's hide, at least one deep enough to have caused a major wound in some past battle. The hide of a Rogue Simba flowed from his shoulders, the mane making a mantle across his armored shoulders. His hands encased in thickly armored gloves, even the one petting the mighty beast beside him, the signature 'claws' of a Crusading Lions Captain retracted into their housings upon the backs of his gauntlets.

"The Great Hunt beings Brother." Janos said calmly, his hazel eyes seeming to gleam in the semi-darkness of the chamber like the gold-green eyes of the lion beside him for a moment. "The Great Lion of Terra blesses us in our endeavor here. We fail HIM at our peril."

"indeed Brorther, and may the all Father protect us." he spoke in his even manner as he nodded in the direction of janos

"Recon Force, proceed with Survey pattern Delta 4 Epsilon" he uttered in the comlink to the waiting detachment of scouts he had brought along.

"Roger, commencing survey pattern Delta 4 Epsilon." cracked the response

"it has begun" he stated to those present

This is Veteran Sergeant Celruda.. X Company 1st Detachment Local PDF forces, defending Outpost 426 on the planet Ulexis. At dawn a attack on our position occured where servants of the plague god Nurgle ...

It only lasted another ten seconds or so before the skirmish was over, Before I could come to terms with the destruction our saviours had vanished...

I am sending a message for possible reinforcements or evacuation... Celruda out.

Brothers,

Now that a scouting force has been sent out, we need to decide how best to proceed.

Outpost 426, at Ulexis, needs to be reinforced. If no other chapter claims the right, the Oracles's 5th company with the strike cruiser, Shooting Star, will reinforce the outpost.

Chaplain Ifuta spoke quietly to the cognitor in the corner. The congnitor, in turn, projected a diagram of the Garren system on the conference room wall. The planets moved and sput about the central star and then stopped.

"This is the curent possitions of the planets of the Garren system". All of the worlds seemed spaced out with no decernible pattern. "Show us the system in 38 days." said Ifuta to the cognitor. The planets shifted and came to rest. Each of the system's 8 planets ended at a cardinal point. "Overlay." commanded Ifuta. An eight pointed star of chaos was superimposed on the system. Each planet lay exactly on a point of the chaos star.

"Brothers, I suspect that there will be a coordinated act on each of the planets of the Garren system in 38 days." Chaplain Ifuta stated flatly. "We will need to discover the intentions of the enemy and prevent it. I wish that we had a true representative of the Order Malleus here. I am not versed enough in the ways of the enemy to determine if the activities on each planet is required to advert the plans of the enemy or if preventing the activities on one of the planets would be enough. I welcome your insight, Brothers."

Chaplain Ifuta sat down.

this is a strange turn of events, thought Grandmaster Uriel, there apears to be more to this than expected.

*My brothers, 38 days is not long, we must strike now and remove this treat before it becomes some thing more than it is. Chaplain Ifuta tells us where you feel we need to be to stop this abomination before it begins.

I feel I speak for all my brothers here saying we are all ready to take the fight to the traitors, in my humble opinion we must strike at the centre or there force and tear there dammed heart out before they can react*

Grandmaster Uriel sat down

Captain Xerian stood up, he spoke quietly. 'Brothers, scouts have beed sent forwards, and attacks propaired it is time to Attack!'

A roar whent up from the assembled chapter masters and captains,

'start the attacks you have been asigned to, I will be in action on Jura if I am needed' he said, the space marines walked out, the war had begun.

-------------------------------------

For Iziha it had started days ago, he was on Jura, prepairing for the main attack with a serise of raids and bombings, he was doing well, the enemy didn't know they were here.

He smiled as he planted the bomb, it was night and the brige was calm. He droped slowly into the water and started to swin away, the presure was rising.

--------------------------------

So everyone the Crusade starts, to your stations, ATTACK!!!!!!!!! ;)

KEEP IT COMING

'THE CAPTAIN ;) '

OOC: ok guys, this is all very nice but now it's time to really get involved. you can begin your attacks but here's how it will work.

the inquisition knows what is going on and now they've sent more of their agents to hunt their misguided brother. they are now essentially stealing the show so what you each have to do is choose one of the inquisitors or space marine commanders listed below and follow them. this is basicly to decide which planet you will be attacking. when you do. after than it's up to you, i'm going to post a list of people and the planets they are heading to, please don't everyone pick the same guy.

also, this is the submissions thread, this is where you post all your fluff and what not and the actions of your chapter in the Crusade, either me or one of my assosiates will be taking what we find here and sumerizing it in a new thread that will be up-dated as often as possible. please don't post in there, it's must meant to neaten things up a little more so that everything can be read more easily and you aren't sifting through IA articles and the actions of commanders that doesn't concern you.

see you at the table.

Archived