Aegyptus Astartes

ironloki

Name: The Sons of Serapis

Founding: Unknown but indications of 14th Founding

Polemarch (Chapter Master): Ptolemy XXIII

Geneseed: Unknown

Heraldry: Shadow Grey armour, midnight blue shoulder pad insets and Helmets, silver chest eagles and black backpacks

Symbol: The Chapter displays an unidentifiable creature, possibly mythological, and is displayed in the kind of simplistic art form used by their ancestors.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v63/illnino/SonsofSerapisNew2GIMP.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v63/illnino/SoS.jpg

Home world

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v227/ironloki/alexandriaplanetsun.jpg

The Sons of Serapis Chapter headquarters are located on the site of Alexandria on the Planet Damascus.

The world is covered almost in complete desert, with the exception of the coastal fringes. However the planet is not as barren and hot as would be expected from a desert. The planet is almost always in perpetual darkness due to the strange light emitted by the far sun of the system, which often exudes a dull blue colour. The origins of this phenomenon are unknown however this has lead for foul and chaotic creatures to spawn on the planet, which cause a constant threat to the inhabitants of the world.

Most of the planets population live in the city of Alexandria, which was built many millennia ago and serves as the religious centre for the people. Unlike many chapters the Marines mix the local population and often the two have profound influences on each other. For example the brothers of the Librarium, which have dual functions both as religious and spiritual heralds, often write works of literature describing how the population should live their lives, worship the divine spirit of Serapis and even the ideology of the home as portrayed in Brother Xenophon

Great fluff, it's very convincing. However, I do think I see one inconsistency. At the beginning, and again in Combat Doctrine, you state that the company has few suits of Tactical Dreadnought armour, due to the battle with the 'unfaithful'. However, at the end, you state that the chapter uses lots of Terminators. Isn't Tactical Dreadnought Armour just the technical name for Termie armour?

-edit-

Check the Terminator Armour entry in the SM Codex Wargear section. Top centre of page 25. "Also known as Tactical Dreadnought armour, Terminator armour is..."

Other than that, your chapter rawks. I've always liked the Ptolemacs in history. Cheers, and keep up the good work.

Any more comments before I let this die? I think I need to smoothen out the language so that it perhaps runs smoother and lessens the size as that may put people off reading it ;)

Archived