Wings of Sanguine

Having injured marines as drivers could tie them together with your raw recruits fluffwise. The recruits wouldn't have fully developed wings and the injured marines would have had theirs removed completely to keep them from getting in the way in vehicles and such. They would also be relatively experienced since they would presumably have been in combat before they were injured and could take part in training the new recruits.

You could do something similar to the Black Templars where some marines takes an apprentice (or something similar) and helps him to get used to his new wings while they grow, something most recruits wont have experienced before :)

Also, what rules will you be using for the retainers? I can't think of any squad available to BA's that has 15-20 men available, are they some kind of inquisitorial troops?

Also, what rules will you be using for the retainers? I can't think of any squad available to BA's that has 15-20 men available, are they some kind of inquisitorial troops?

I was originally going to use allied witch-hunters and the zealot units, but due to a small oversight in their unit selection rules I can't take them, so I'm now looking at other witch hunter/demon hunter human troop allies and currently deciding on which I'm going to go with.

Having injured marines as drivers could tie them together with your raw recruits fluffwise. The recruits wouldn't have fully developed wings and the injured marines would have had theirs removed completely to keep them from getting in the way in vehicles and such. They would also be relatively experienced since they would presumably have been in combat before they were injured and could take part in training the new recruits.

You could do something similar to the Black Templars where some marines takes an apprentice (or something similar) and helps him to get used to his new wings while they grow, something most recruits wont have experienced before

I actually hadn't though of that appraoch, but it sounds like a great idea and one that would fit in with my chapters close knit brotherhood feel and also the 'straight into the thick of it' feel I want to get over for my neophytes and marine trainees.

I'll most likely look into something along those lines and may be back soon with some more fluff.

On another note, I haven't been able to get any other models done(well...apart from converting an honour guard from grey knight models), since I'v been helping my girlfriend model and paint her Emperors children :P

I was originally going to use allied witch-hunters and the zealot units, but due to a small oversight in their unit selection rules I can't take them, so I'm now looking at other witch hunter/demon hunter human troop allies and currently deciding on which I'm going to go with.

The new UK white Dwarf (304) has a CA article on Zealots, so this might have become a more viable option. :P

The new UK white Dwarf (304) has a CA article on Zealots, so this might have become a more viable option. :)

I know, thats when I realized my small oversight, in order to use zealots you must have selected at least two other basic troop choices from codex witch hunter before-hand which instantly precludes the use of zealots for my allied army(I can only take two allied troops choices in the first place) :( I was hoping the eviscerators and option to take a melta-gun would help with my slight problem of anti-tank, but hey.

"clouds and silver linings and all that jazz" :P

Cool much better than the idea i posted here a while back :P

Thank you, it's always nice to know people actually like and accept the idea. :)

get some photos up soon

Well, it just so happens I do have a couple of photos, only of one test model though

Darker and better quality picture

Brighter and a better representation of the colours and tones, but worse quality

I'v yet to attempt painting the chapter badge or any of the individual squad markings(I'v yet to reveal those yet :( )

For those interested, the individual squad badges of the units of the WoS 1st company:

http://img127.exs.cx/img127/9384/squadmarkings4jz.jpg

I'v still to find or create a suitable 1st company badge.

The squad markings are explained as being runic characters taken from the language and history of the humans of Nosgoth, with which the marines of the WoS have a close tie. Not everyone uses english in the 41st millenium :P

I'm unsure as to wether I will be painting the squad markings onto every member, simply putting them on the veteran sergeant of each unit or on a designated standard bearer for each unit. The human squads will however simply have a standard bearer.

• 4 weeks later...

Well, one thing I noticed in the IA was the extremely frequent use of the abbreviation "WoS". I know the chapters name is long but the use of an abbreviation like that simply makes the article seem more like an outline or something. I've always thought that if you take them time do an IA article, then you had better not be lazy. Now it may just be me, but the use of "WoS" for "Wings of Sanguine" makes you seem that much less serious about your chapter.

I've skimmed the article and it seems pretty interesting though. Because I'm short fro time now, I'll be back later to comment on details. :D

Archived