Secure & Control, Alpha level, 2000p.

Hi,

as promised, a battle report for my game played today. It was a few months since I wrote a report and though they have never been anything special I hope they are somewhat entertaining... :(

I did use the list from another thread, except I dropped the Mark of the Wulfen on the Pack Leader in the Storm Claw Bikers Bodyguard Pack.

Here it is:

Wolf Lord w. bolt pistol, frost blade, frag grenades, Mark of the Wulfen, Belt of Russ, Space Marine Bike. 187p

Storm Claw Biker Bodyguard (5) w. 1 Pack Leader w. bolt pistol, power weapon, 2 Storm Claw Bikers w. power fists. 231p

Rune Priest w. combi-melta, frost axe, frag grenades, wolf pelt, Mark of the Wulfen, Chooser of the Slain. 159p

Wolf Priest w. frag grenades, wolf pelt, Healing Potions and Balms, Wolf Helm of Russ. 164p

Wulfen Pack (10). 240p

2 Grey Slayer Packs (10) w. 1 Pack Leader w. lightning claws, wolf pelt, Mark of the Wulfen, 2 Grey Slayers w. melta guns. 283p*2

2 Fenrisian Wolf Packs (10). 100p*2

Long Fang Pack (5) w. 4 lascannons. 248p

Not my no. 1 choice of lists but certainly different from what I usually use. There is a lot of "junk" in there, the Wolf Helm of Russ, Belt of Russ (I rarely use that one) etc. but I wanted to try them out more.

I

Argh! Damn you! More more!!

Oh pretty cute Wulfen you have there! I think he(she?) is more Fenrisian Wolf than Wulfen though!

Like the fact that you got a photo of the battleground, coupled with the descriptions gives one a good idea of what went where. rather than having to visualise in my head.

The amount of terrain looks good, I would certainly like to play on it. Good firing lanes for those that want it and good cover for those that don't want to be in firing lane!

What you could do for picture is just add little circles or markers to indicate where your units are, sorta like how WD does it but with 1 circle representing a unit rather than a individual model. Saves work and still gets the message across.

Eagerly awaiting turn 1! Just curious...how many turns did you play? So I can get a good idea if I need grab some coffee or something! :P

:P Yay, a Duregar Special!

*tail continues to wag happily*

However, you cant Sweeping Advance if you ar no longer in b2b with the enemy; it looks like you tried to Sweep against the Devastators when they were out of b2b

Oh, nice Wulfen BTW :)

My god. I love Fenrisian Wolves.

:P

Your pack of 10 ate 3 Grey Knights (75 points) 2 Devastators (65 with plasma cannon) and sent the surviving Dev's packing for an extra turn. Not bad for 100 points of Wolves!!!

Seems like the other pack is getting shot up pretty well, but that's what happens when your opponent figures out just how nasty they are. My regular Dark Angels opponent (Raptous on these boards) spares no expense on my Wolves, he tosses everything from plasma cannon shots to concentrated Vindicator blasts at 'em.

Awesome report, Duregar! :)

Nice report thus far Duregar, seems things are going well for you ever since you got new dice :) Nice work on the dread btw, about time you got some luck.

Your fenrisian wolves have been very impressive, definitely earning their points back for sure. Its bad enough im trying to start a normal SW army, and now you want me wanting my 13th Co!!! Ugh, and its bad enough ive done the test colors for the 13th Co too!!

Lookin' forward to readin the rest of the report, everything seems to be going quite well for you, which is good to hear :P

By the midgame, it sounds like you are tearing him up. Most of your units are in his backfield. Can you give us a quick rundown of what's still on the table at this point? (I remember that the last Grey Knight unit is still waiting in reserve)

By the midgame, it sounds like you are tearing him up. Most of your units are in his backfield. Can you give us a quick rundown of what's still on the table at this point? (I remember that the last Grey Knight unit is still waiting in reserve)

Certainly! At the end of turn 3, the Grey Knight teleporting Squad is still in Reserve, one Grey Slayer Pack along with the Rune Priest have just Gated to the other side of the board, the Long Fangs are still behind the central forest while the Storm Claw Bikers and Wolf Lord are behind the other forest (my right) with the Wulfen engaged with his Terminators, at his edge of that forest and the other Grey Slayers egaged with a Grey Knight Squads just beside them. A second Grey Knight Squad is walking towards them, on the opposite side of that forest from the Wolf Lord and Bikes.

The Devastators with a plasma cannon and heavy bolter is at his table edge, right in the middle while the last tactical Squad of his is among the "Mordheim" buildings and the missile launcher Devastators are behind the sand bags.

Confusing..? :P :P

I

• 2 weeks later...

Excellent job Duregar, a very bloody battle indeed, but its good to see you came out smiling (unlike games in the past, where you had steam coming out of your ears). A well earned victory, and i think those dice should be praised, unlike those evil older dice which are sitting at the bottom of some water body.

Once again, well done!

Heh, i recall some of your catastrophic games my friend :rolleyes: But at least the dice gods are showing some favor upon you now. Ive noticed you stopped fielding your mainstream wolves, but the 13th Co are just as good, and you seem to be having fun with them.

Heh, my advice is dont charge terminators unless you have MORE than one power weapon.. Those 2+ saves can be annoying AND if you dont have inv saves, their power fist smacking can be a painful event.

OT:

No i havent tried that test yet, will do so later tonight

Anyway...

Hrmm, 40 attacks hey? Ok, in theory you should have levelled a few terminators for sure... Oh well, Wulfen from what ive seen are great for attacking basic troop squads, as the sheer number of attacks put most squads off.

Heh, Escalations and rhino armies are definitely not for you my friend :rolleyes: Not anymore anyway. However, that Land Raider "platoon" will be interesting to see, although hardly effective in games of less than 2000 pts.

Heh, i know of the individual Duregar speaks of and yeah, when he says he cant leave home without his Grey Knights, HE MEANS IT! I wont mention hear what ive nick named that particular person, but Duregar knows it well :devil:

As i mention previously, Wulfen are great against standard troops, but when you up it to squads of terminators, you had better hope lady luck is on your side for sure.

Heh heh, if he has indeed dropped his excessive use of lascannons, a land raider rush will definitely catch him off guard. Use some psychological mind games as well to further this haha! :rolleyes:

Archived