Scum of the universe

so are there any Marine Chapters whose homeworld would be Warworld / Deathworld like, where the original inhabitants were condemed to the planet during say the age of Aposty, who grew to be such good scum survivors that their genes were selected to form the basis of a new chapter?

again warworld and dune's Salsa Secondus comes to mind, so does the French Foreign Legion.

Your chapter's homeworld can be anything you like (it's your chapter after all).

...and if they want to recruit from "scum survivors," also very possible.

However, Space marine chapters are only founded of the geneseed of a "previous" chapter. There's no way for an indiginous population, no matter how gifted, to spontaneously develop the various additional organs, etc. to become a Space Marine.

The Imperial Fists recruit from underhive gangers and up-hive elite on Necromunda, among other places. The entirety of the Luna Wolves/Sons of Horus are from Cthonia, an abandoned mining planet occupied entirely by criminals, and I think used as a prison planet, according to the IA. Of course the Night Lords are all criminals. Generally, any kind of harsh selection process is preferred, the dynamics of hive gangs perhaps ideally suited, as in addition to the harsh lifestyle, combat, and naturally evolving hierarchy, candidates would be used to the enclosed spaces of space ships and fortress monasteries, and at more familiar with technology.

• 1 month later...

I am not an expert in Space Marine fluff at all. However, I am curious to where it is referenced that the Imperial Fists recruit in Necromunda among other places. I know that the Imperial Fists homeworld is Terra. I didn't know that they recruited from Necromunda though. I am somewhat of a Necromunda fanatic and I didn't know this! <_<

So, if this can be confirmed and where, I would much appreciate it.

Ramognino

+EDIT+ If you want to advertise your site, do it in your signature. -Bro T

Archived