Sons Of The Eclipse

morac

Sounds good. Just need to write up in a more flowing style than the bullet points. Although this does make it easier to get the idea of the chapter. The only two things I dont like:

Raven Guard spliced with Ultramarine
This doesnt seem to add anything to the Chapters feeling. Also, splicing never happened outside of the cursed founding and at a push the dark. Your chapter is neither these, so I would reconsider.

Originally named Night Ravens, renamed after a portentous battle in their infancy

Due to their homeworld, I would say their name suits them already and name changing seems to be the "it" of today, along with cursed foundings. The battle seems good, but I wouldnt change their name

Good Luck!

Ferrata

In agreement with Ferrata, especially about questioning the spliced geneseed thing. You would be better off just having them one or the other...

The Tau have only just come to the attention of the Imperium, and the only founding you have a shot of them being founded to fight them might be the latest, 26th founding. An alternative is that you keep them as 23rd founding and have the chapter having come into conflict a lot in recent centuries / decades as the Tau civilisation expands and encroaches on the local space of the chapter or it's historical recruiting worlds...

Other than that, good work.

Sounds good. Just need to write up in a more flowing style than the bullet points. Although this does make it easier to get the idea of the chapter. The only two things I dont like:

Raven Guard spliced with Ultramarine

This doesnt seem to add anything to the Chapters feeling. Also, splicing never happened outside of the cursed founding and at a push the dark. Your chapter is neither these, so I would reconsider.

Originally named Night Ravens, renamed after a portentous battle in their infancy
Due to their homeworld, I would say their name suits them already and name changing seems to be the "it" of today, along with cursed foundings. The battle seems good, but I wouldnt change their name

Good Luck!

Ferrata

Splicing? What splicing? ;) Good points. As of right now, the entire chapter has undergone surgery to remove their unfluffy organs ;)

Name change... do you mean they shouldn't change their names from Night Ravens, or that they were never named Night Ravens? If they stick with Night Ravens, would the color scheme and heraldry I have for them be their original, or would they have altered it due to their history? As original markings, having their name be Night Ravens and their symbol an eclipse wouldn't make a lot of sense.

Idea: Keep the name Sons of the Eclipse, and have them plan their charge to coinside with the eclipse, rather than them just getting lucky, and strengthening the moral impact on the orks.

Flowing style? I'll work on it....

In agreement with Ferrata, especially about questioning the spliced geneseed thing.  You would be better off just having them one or the other...

The Tau have only just come to the attention of the Imperium, and the only founding you have a shot of them being founded to fight them might be the latest, 26th founding.  An alternative is that you keep them as 23rd founding and have the chapter having come into conflict a lot in recent centuries / decades as the Tau civilisation expands and encroaches on the local space of the chapter or it's historical recruiting worlds...

Other than that, good work.

26th it is. I think this came up in the last topic. I lost all the info that I had changed, so this is the original version, and here I am making the mistakes twice ^_^

Any ideas for an acronym?

morac

Name change... do you mean they shouldn't change their names from Night Ravens, or that they were never named Night Ravens? If they stick with Night Ravens, would the color scheme and heraldry I have for them be their original, or would they have altered it due to their history? As original markings, having their name be Night Ravens and their symbol an eclipse wouldn't make a lot of sense.

I meant have them never named the Night Ravens. The Sons of the Eclipse sounds cool and unquie. Just have them never named the Night Ravens.

Acronyms?

SotE?

Ferrata

I meant have them never named the Night Ravens. The Sons of the Eclipse sounds cool and unquie. Just have them never named the Night Ravens.

Acronyms?

SotE?

Ferrata

Sounds like a plan is forming... I'll work on it.

Also, if you see the end of my first post, Scythes of the Emperor already took that one... (silly buggers)

morac

Yay! Pictures of test fig uploaded here.

The model is a paintbox mini (gotta hate .... er, love them. Ya thats it...). I have yet to get some marines due to my lack of money, but expect to see them sometime in the next 2 - 3 months ;).

SonE. That could work...

"Which army do have?"

"I've got my SonE's here."

"You call your marines your sunny's?"

"No, SonE's. There's a difference. Trust me." ;)

Gah, there's so many chapters stealing my acronyms... SotE is taken, SE is taken ^_^

morac

Archived