who will win?

I just wanted to know who everyone thinks will win in the ongoing war between the ruinous powers

I'm throwing in with Tzeench because of all the gods he is the only one who does not need there to be any living organisms to exist

Khorn draws power from violence and thus needs someone killing somone to be able to exist

Slaanesh thrives on seduction and other such trickeries and if everyones dead than guess what, no more slaanesh,

Nurgle relies on plague contagion and death and once everything is gone than so will be his diseases and power

Tzeench however draws his power from the existance of the warp itself and as long as thats still there he will still be around

Well the problem is that people are there and there are lots dying but when that changes ill give you a heads up :devil: (oh im so glad that im injoying me right now). I pretty sure that khorne will come out on top because he ahs the most and the best guys

The god of change and fortune and evolution would seem to loose all relevance in there we no living creatures. Indeed, his opposition to Nurgle is based on this premise; Nurgle brings entropy and stagnation.

But really, that isn't all that relevant; the chaos gods don't seem to "burn out". Once they get a hold on a soul, they have it for all eternity, and can give it "life" or not as they please.

On a cosmological scale, I'd back Nurgle. Decay is the end fate of all things. In a grand metaphorical sense, Tzeentch is the primordial starting point, Khorne and Slaneesh are opposing forces of ongoing existance, and Nurgle is the end...

A tie! If some how Everything died, only Tzeench would remain. Eventually, Civil wars would happen between rival greater deamons, thus re-creating Khorne. With the creation of Khorne once again, Slaanesh would be re-born on the blood lusts of the khornate warriors. Nurgle would be then only one still not around. But being the World Eater player I am, I say Khorne would say then both!! Blood(or deamonic ooze) for the Blood God!

I am just saying that the power of the chaos gods, indeed most of the gods in the 40k universe comes from some aspect of life,usually negative, that is of course except for tzeench while you could say that because a god holds onto his conquered souls for all eternity that the nurgle, khorne, and slaanesh would still be strong, but that would meen that each of the gods' power would be constantly increasing and once life is gone this increase would stop for the aforementioned three gods while tzeench would remain because of his connection to the magic of the warp

despite that can we all agree that slaanesh is not going to win, i am not trying to get anyone angry but 1: he's the youngest 2:he already got his butt handed to him last time he challenged Tzeench 3: come on you put a daemonette up against say a boodletter hack hack hack slice slice slice no more daemonette though i gotta say those blastmasters can hurt

Im thinking this thread is going to get alot of hassle by the mods, as the topic is very touchy.

However, i would actually put my money on Slaanesh winning. Slaanesh has a basis in the concept of desire.. When you want something, it feeds slaanesh and from there it can either become a healthy obsession or a very un-healthy obsession, but either way, your mind is dead set on desiring something.

But im going to leave it there ;)

The star gods will eat you all ;)

This is one of those non issue threads which go round and round until they get melta mackeraled. Or in the case of REFUSE injected with desire from his needle :blush:

Well I know slaneesh would not win. It actually says in the codex that slaneesh wouldn't be able to defeat the blood god.

Anyway I would say Nurgle. At the end everything would die and Nurgle Lord of Decay/Death would be happiest.

Nurgle is not the God of death, he is the God of the 'fear' brought by death, he perverts death and drags it out in a horrible rebirth through death.He is the god of fear, not of death, that as far as I understand it is a wide-spread misconseption.

If everything in the galaxy died all of the chaos God's would be screwed, Tzeentch is the God of evolution, of change, his emotion is 'hope' what is there to hope for if all is nothingness? how can you change when there is no matter to mould?

Khorne and slaneesh are both the same to varying degrees, they thrive on the emotions and actions of sentient organisms, remove the organisms and you remove their power.

But as has been said, this is discussion will only go round in circles.

You forget that as species evolve they become more self obsessed. They will search for pleasure. So while barbarism is still at its hight Slaanesh will be weaker then Khorne, but when sentient beings become smarter, and more and more will search for sensations Slaanesh will become the most powerfull. Until that time Khorne is stronger then Slaanesh.

Lots of people means lots of oppertunities for Nurgle to start a plague, and Tzeentch will have many fate's to play around with. But as more people die, less people despair and less people to manipulate. So Nurgle's and Tzeentch's powers will always increase and then decline, increase and decline.

Probably none.

What those gods didn't noticed is that they are binded together in thier fate. None will live without the others. If one falls soon the others will follow.

They are forming the parts of a body, a mechanism. If one part is missing then it will not work.

Thats the sole reason that Undivided bands are more effective and more powerfull in their ways of doings then the favoured ones. World Eaters will chew through a world in weeks; but Alpha Legion will do it within months or years without even being noticed. Black Legion is the ultimate leader force in the legions and every Undivided escells in one thing. The chaos forces are making a whole when added up. Just like their gods.

Every legion needs others in certain occasions and Even Khorne will one day need the Slaanesh one day.

You have an interesting concept Femerenden, but I personaly don't agree with it, I don't beleive the Gods are interlinked, I don't beleive they feed off of one another, I simply beleive that they come from the same plane of existence and are made from the same base materials, but then the same can be said for us.

The Gods can destroy each other we have already seen this in the case of the Eldar gods, khaine in particular, Slaneesh and Khorne. Khaine is an aspect of Khorne, Slaneesh tried to devour Khaine in his birth throes, khorne sensed this and fought with Slaneesh, neither God would relinquish their hold over Khaine and the eldar God was shattered, effectively destroyed, Khorne lost a large portion of his power in that fight and it has been a point of conflict and contention between the two God's ever since

It depends upon champions and warp power flows noone will win it will continue til the emperor kills 'em all.

In order for anyone to destroy chaos, they would have to destroy all sentient life which is a tad counterproductive and I doubt you could destroy the entire extro-verse which is warp space.

Thats what 'nids are for.

Well i got now another theory.

Probably they all will live. The sentient life will never ever end.

Orks will conquer the galaxy and the only left out races will be Necrons, 'nids and Orks.

Chaos gods then will side with the Orks(Gork and Mork are believed to be chaos gods by a lot of gamers) and a new era of war will begin.

But still this theory doesn't answer the question asked :unsure:

Archived