Rapid Assault

You said assaulty GH.

Apart from including the 2PF and 2PP, do you stick to bolters or switch to BPs?

I'm thinking of having a spare squad with BPs which I can switch in and out depending upon the way I intend to play, and wondered whether it was worth it.

Seleucus

Damn..! Now that you replied, The WarpGhost, I have to finish the report... :P

Here goes:

Turn 1, vanillias.

He starts slowly, not many units advance. The Commander and his Command Squad walks forward, using their Rhino as a shield while on the other flank, one of the Grey Knight Squads tries to cross a defence line but rolls low for the difficult terrain test (2-3" or so).

The other Rhino also advances slightly, but its Squad is not within it.

He starts the shooting phase by targetting the Vindicator with the lascannon Squad on his right, it hits, penetrates but only shakes it (Stunned, but I had Extra Armour). But he seemed very determined to destroy it so the Predator Annihilator also targetted it, hitting with the twin-linked lascannon and glances but this time he rolls a 6...

Finally, the other lascannon Squad shots at one of the Blood Claw Pack

Turn 3, Space Marines and pals.

Reserve time again and the Grandmaster and his buddies once again failed to show up.

Not much movement this turn either, the predator put the revers in and backed away 6" (no idea why, it had a great position between two ruins) and his left flank kep miving towards my Blood Claws (which still were hiding behind the rocks and their Rhino-wrecks).

In the shooting phase I lost one Blood Claw Jump Packer to a bolter round from the two last Marines from the lascannon Squad there, but that was all. I felt very sneaky, hiding like that but I guess it

Turn 5, vanillias...

No need to roll for Reserves this turn, the Grandmaster now appaers automatically.

Playing it safe, my opponent uses a teleport homer also this time, deploying the Grey Knight Terminators ahead of his main force, just behind my tank shocking Rhino and very close to the Blood Claw Jump Packers...

His remaining forces push on, the large Tactical Squad that was tank shocked also gets a line of sight to my Blood Claw Jump Packers while the Grey Knights behind, tries to move through his destroyed Rhino.

In the shooting phase the Grandmaster and Tactical Squad opens up on the Blood Claw Jump pack and kills one... I actually make more than half of my saves this time and his plasma gunner overheats with both shots, killing himself! (Only three of his Tactical Marines could see my Blood Claws, so he didn

Warpghost, with your permission, I'd like to put this in my sig.

who needs a bunch of shiny tin men reeking of incense when you can roll in the dirt, yap and stick lightning claws in things?

Thanks again guys. :)

Great comment The WarpGhost, I definetly agree! :tu:

@ Lord Ragnarok, about average I think, those shots from the Tornadoes that killed Termies were not Rending but failed saves.

But I got atleast one each turn (combined, from both).

I

Warpghost, with your permission, I'd like to put this in my sig.

who needs a bunch of shiny tin men reeking of incense when you can roll in the dirt, yap and stick lightning claws in things?

*does happy dance*

yay! someone is going to quote me in their sig! ;)

please, feel free! my life feels that much more complete now :)

Archived