Riding in style...

Hey Wolf lord D, I have 3 land-raiders so i understand completely. The fact that they usually get blown up or trap my squads inside matters little. :P As for that list, i say it is solid, (minus the fact that tanks take up 1/3f the points :D But the land raiders usually make an enemy quiver in his boots, so they usually try to take them out right away. I think it provides the rest of your army with a chance to jump him, unless they die in the land raider :) I'm not so sure about the dread with lascannon, an assault cannon would be better suited, since you have 6 other twin-linked lascannons!

Like your list!

Dont worry: provided you bless your dice, Raiders can be rock solid.

Couldn't kill the 2 raiders from my DW opponent the last time we fought. My dice were angry with me. Didn't make much mistakes, honestly. His Land Raider and dreadnaught killed a predator Annihilator, a predator Destructor with lascannon sponsons, my lovely Vindicator and 4 Rhino's, which meant footslogging for me... Augh. No more deploying on the short table edges and 15 turn last-man-standing-slugfests for me. ::cuss: Whatever: bless your dice and you should be fine. :)

Succes!

Thanks! :)

Problem is, the first time I used my Vindicator, Predator Annihilator and Predator Destructor, I lost all three in turn two, to glancing hits... (He got four glancing hits, rolled three 6 and a 5... :) )

I bet it will be a good laugh though and his face, probably aprice-less expression when I pull them out... ;) :lol:

At 1850 points I actually have a 3 land Raider list I use. And have some success at RTT with it (though I have yet to try and pull it off at a GT).

The list is 3 WGBL with Frost Weapons and bp

2 Grey Hunter packs with 2 powerfists (they all have bp/ccw)

1 Blood Claws pack

2 land Raiders

1 land Raider Crusader

Wolf Scouts

Thats it. Lemme tell you, it can be tricky to use but man does it hit hard.

Now I know where I recognized your name from , littlbitz! (I think! :lol: )

I read about your 3 Land Raider list on the Warmonger Club as well as on Dakka (Ed mentioned it some time) and later PM:ed Mauleed about which friend of his, using that and if I could get that friend

That particular list was something like: Ven D (TLLC), RP, WP, 2 GH squads in Rhino's (2 PF, MG, PP) 2 BC squads in Rhino's (2PF), Pred Ann., Pred Dest., Vindicater. Second 4th ed. game against Deatwing. About 1900 + points from the top of my hat. Wanted to find out whether Rhino's indead have become deathtraps, used my Vindi to block LOS or fire magnet. Tried to take out his LR and Dread with my HS, while moving up all Rhino's and my Vindi to overwhelm. He took out all my HS in the second turn, after that every Rhino was smoked. Deployment on the short tabel edge didn't help of course. Rhino rush is dead indead. I'm building a Landraider right now, and will buy a Crusader tomorow.

Gotta go now!

Yeah, Duregar thats me. I'm a semi-regular opponent of Eds as well as many of the Warmongers.

I think I even posted about the "Raider Rush" list on this board, though that was awhile ago now.

Like all my lists, it can be a hard hitter. But its tricky to use, but it can win even against horde armies.

Oh, and when you show up at a tourney with 3 Landraiders and your not Deathwing, you get lots of looks and mumblings behind your back its loads of fun.

Space Wolves turn 4,

Still not ready to assault, I "shuffle" around a bit, both the surviving `Raiders are aiming at destroying his Rhinos while the Wolf Lord and pals are staying in cover behind their wrecked Land Raider and the Venerable Dreadnough is hiding behind a forest, ready to move out towards an objective.

Sadly, the shooting is catastrophic, even though I hit the Rhinos with everything and gets penetrating hits, none is destroyed..! They are shaken and one lose its storm bolter (wow! :rolleyes: ), but that

Ok, final turn, with a little bit of luck I figured I could pull it off...

The Grey Hunters kept running though so I only had the Blood Claws, their Land Raider and the other Land Raider left to move (the Wolf Lord were out of assault range).

The Blood Claws and their Rhino attacks, zooming up 12" to attack a Tactical Squad (within a forest), I shoot their bolt pistols but they hardly hit the enemy... ^_^

Charging is another thing for them though, I kill about 4-5 Tacticals (the Wolf Guard Battle Leader hit twice with 6 attacks, hitting on 3s...) and lose 3 of the Blood Claws while the enemy holds, not great.... :rolleyes:

The other Land Raider shoots a few Tacticals on the other flank, leaving just two in that Squad but the Grey Hunter either misses or fails to wound with their bolt pistols, both plasmas ad melta gun while the Vennie fails to wound with his single attack that hit, my dice were really fudged up..!

Still, the Blood Claw Rhino held one Loot Counter.

Was thinking a bit, and I think this works better:

Wolf Lord w. bolt pistol, frag grenades, frost blade, wolf pelt. 100p

Wolf Guard Battle Leader w. lightning claws, frag grenades. 91p

Wolf Guard Battle Leader w. lightning claws, frag grenades wolf pelt. 94p

Wolf Scouts (5) w. 2 plasma pistols, 1 melta gun. 100p

2 Grey Hunter Packs (9) w. 2 power fists, 2 plasma pistols, 1 melta gun. 222p*2

1 Blood Claw Pack (9) w. 2 power fists, 1 flamer. 156p

3 Land Speeder Tornadoes w. assault cannons. 80p*3

3 Land Raiders with smoke launchers, extra armour. 258p*3

More numbers, Land Speeders to keep off nasty things from closing up on the

just to wonder, why not grab a wolf priest and give him a med kit. On a bike he could stay behind the land raiders and if one gets popped and the guys have to start walking he could ride over and join them. It might save a few termies on the walk up.

Also, why not replace one land raider with the good old LRE. Most people arn't used to seeing one and are a bit shocked when you roll 13 dice a turn with it. (yes i put the little gun on the mini turret...those two shots add up).

two land raiders would be a rather big threat and have good chances in the anti tank field since they can put out 2 tl lascannon blasts a round, meanwhile the russ is taking a bite out of infantry squads. Note the russ is also good at downing any skimmer, be it eldar, dark eldar, or fellow marine.

quote from rotwulf: just to wonder, why not grab a wolf priest and give him a med kit. On a bike he could stay behind the land raiders and if one gets popped and the guys have to start walking he could ride over and join them. It might save a few termies on the walk up.

a character on a bike can't join a pack that's in a transport or that's walking...

i thought that one on a bike could join up with a unit. Guys with jet packs can do it, so why can't a guy on a bike pull up and cruise with his wolves.

anyway, the LRE does what it is surposed to do. If you don't want to take it, cool, then i recomend a LRC. Someone has to bring a little anti-infantry to a game.

also, if i remember correctly...you can have 6 land raiders in a sw group...three wgbl /w retinues /w land raiders and then three taken as heavy support choises.

Archived