Necrons vs. Space (with pics)

Follow

Turn 3 (Space Wolves):

A quick command from Asmundr Iron-Mask made the Razorback surge forward and the Grey Hunters within to charge out and shoot at the advancing Necron horde from their flank. Meanwhile, on the other end of the field, the order was given to the Blood Claws from Grimulf and to the Grey Hunters to charge into the Necrons. Between the mighty charge of both packs, six warriors fell, of which two immediately vanished and the Tomb Spyder was also beyond repair. In return, the Necrons killed a single Grey Hunter and the Spyder killed a Blood Claw.

Turn 3 (Rules):

The Razorback went forward towards the advancing Necrons and dropped the 6-man squad of Grey Hunters. Between their shooting and the Dread/Attack Bikes, 2 Warriors were killed, this time the Lascannon was unable to fire. After a volley of shooting from the Blood Claws (which was largely ineffective), they charged into combat with the Warrior squad and the Tomb Spyder, as did the Grey Hunters. 6 Warriors fell, only 2 of them were recoverable (others fell to power weapons of some sort) and the Tomb Spyder was destroyed. At this point, there was really very little reason to continue the game, but we did.

http://www.angryflea.net/follow/pics/40k/Image015.jpg

http://www.angryflea.net/follow/pics/40k/Image017.jpg

http://www.angryflea.net/follow/pics/40k/Image018.jpg

http://www.angryflea.net/follow/pics/40k/Image019.jpg

Turn 3 (Necrons):

From the swirling vortex inside the Monolith, the Destroyer Lord and his bodyguard of Immortals poured forward, between them and the Monolith, the remaining Blood Claws were all injured beyond capability to continue in the battle. Grimulf Spakr was also grievously injured and would have to reach the attention of a healer soon. The terrifying Flayed Ones of the Necrons charged into the Grey Hunters in an attempt to overwhelm and destroy them with their foul Warrior brethren. Much to their chagrin, the Grey Hunters stood strong, losing only 2 of their number while killing 2 Flayed Ones and knocking down another.

On the other end of the board, the Necrons shoot and kill 3 of the Grey Hunters which came from the Razorback.

Turn 3 (Rules):

The Destroyer Lord along with his Immortals came through the Monolith portal and shot the ever-loving crap out of the Blood Claws and the Wolf Priest taking them right out. The Flayed ones charged into the combat between the Grey Hunters and Warriors. They managed to take out 2 total Grey Hunters. As above, 3 of the Grey Hunters were killed by the Necrons on the other end of the board. Really bad armor save rolling I guess

Turn 4 (Wolves):

The Scouts, hearing the battle cries of their brothers knew it was time to emerge, and did so behind the last remaining Tomb Spyder which they destroyed with a hail of Melta, and Plasma gun fire. Asmundr Iron-Mask was at last close enough to shoot the Warriors with his Flamer and his Assault Cannon, which he did, and between the fire of the venerated brother Dreadnought, the Attack Bikes, and the remaining Grey Hunters, three warriors fell. The Grey Hunters charged into their flank with a harsh clang.

http://www.angryflea.net/follow/pics/40k/Image022.jpg

On the other end of the field, the Land Raider Crusader threw its engines into full throttle as the Blood Claws poured from the front assault ramp, urged by the howl of Runolf Langbard, and the crackle of the psychic storm he was creating. The thunderous roar of the battle howl, the clang of steel on steel, the overwhelming zeal of the Blood Claws and the crackle of the storm proved to be too great for the Necrons. When the storm and the dust cleared, it was as though the Necrons had never been present at all. The Space Wolves had won the day, and their victory howl could have been heard for miles!

Turn 4 (Rules):

This was the end for the Necrons. The scouts finally showed up on turn 4, and I had no where to put them besides behind the Tomb Spyder, which I did and destroyed. Then I charged into the main combat with my Blood Claw command squad and Rune Priest, and basically flattened them while losing a single Grey Hunter. At this point, he was pretty well under his phase out percentage and wound up phasing out to leave the win to me.

http://www.angryflea.net/follow/pics/40k/Image020.jpg

http://www.angryflea.net/follow/pics/40k/Image023.jpg

Commentary:

All in all, I think I did pretty well with my plan and my execution through this game. I had a plan and stuck with it, it was workable. The fact that the Pariahs (besides not being such a great unit to start with) wound up within charging distance of my Blood Claws, failed to destroy the Rhino, and then got charged I think was the single most decisive point in the game that won it for me. For those who weren

Wow good job on beating some Necrons. Now you have to come to Endzone sometime and play against some of the people that I know! :)

Anyway I like how you did this. The picture are prety cool and the desctiption is also quite good. Keep up the good work!

Oh durr!! :blush:

Sorry I looked at the pictures again and noticed that it was in the fishbowl. Also the table has the End Zone logo thingy on it.

Also that's the terrain that I hit my head on last week trying to pic up a die! :)

++EDIT++

Added story about terrain!

I've played against Necrons before with Chaos Marines, and it was a very close game. I really enjoyed reading this - it's always nice to get the perspective of other players on what happened, how it happened, etc.

And the photos were a nice touch, too.

Nice!

T

This was my first game in months. I think from now on I'll get a batrep of any game I play so I can review it if nothing else. All of those pics are from my camera phone, so I can do that again without problem too.

Thanks for the comments, I'm glad you enjoyed the report! :tu:

Follow :)

I've got a digital camera that takes prety good pics to. Sometimes I can probably take some pictures to and then e-mail them to you!

hey i play necrons and i would have not play the pariahs there good and all but htere to expencive i would have taken a nother squad of warrirs, he need to kepp all his necrons in on big lumb and start from one side of the board and wide that out and then kill the second half

but my applase to you for finding the weakness and wiping him out

Excellent battle report Follow! :)

I saw it posted yesterday morning and knew I had something to look forward to reading today (worked all weekend). ;)

Your list looks solid but the Wolf Scouts feels very expensive, are they usually worth it or could a cheaper Pack do the job..? Just a thought as I myself have found that I can usually cause almost as much damage with my cheaper Pack (5 men, 2 plasma pistols and a melta gun) as my more expensive one (5-6 men, 2 plasmas, 1 melta gun and a WGL with lightning claws, necklace and melta bombs).

As for your models, looks sweet! :) Looks like a bunch of older, metal Grey Hunters and

Excellent battle report Follow! ^_^

I saw it posted yesterday morning and knew I had something to look forward to reading today (worked all weekend). ;)

Your list looks solid but the Wolf Scouts feels very expensive, are they usually worth it or could a cheaper Pack do the job..? Just a thought as I myself have found that I can usually cause almost as much damage with my cheaper Pack (5 men, 2 plasma pistols and a melta gun) as my more expensive one (5-6 men, 2 plasmas, 1 melta gun and a WGL with lightning claws, necklace and melta bombs).

I've often felt the Scouts were a bit expensive for what they were. They normally pay off for me, but more due to defying the odds and luck than actually being a well rounded part of the army. I can't bring myself to cut their points for this reason, but believe me it's in the front of my mind when considering revisions to the army.

As for your models, looks sweet!  Looks like a bunch of older, metal Grey Hunters and

Nice report... I was wondering if it was possible to load up camera phone pics to the net, looks like I'm going to have to buy one, as my old one seems to have gone walk-about :lol:

Nice report, Phariahs arn't worth it, I have to aggre, points better spent on more scarab bases. I also have to ask wether the scarabs had Disruptor fields on them? because the work just like gauss, exept in assult. My LR's live in mortal fear of big packs of 10 of them. They're almost as useful as Feresian Wolves.

almost. ^_^

^sum-wan^

You have lots of options on loading up camera phone pics to the net. Most camera phones will allow you to use "media mail" which emails the pics to any email address, or send to other phones, this has obvious uses but is normally a premium/limited service. I have a wire that hooks up to my Nokia 6230 that I paid $25 for that attaches to the USB port on my computer. This allows me to upload/download freely between phone and comp as much as I want to without any restriction. I highly suggest one of those if you're thinking of doing something similar with a camera phone.

The Scarabs didn't have disruption fields, they didn't see assault anyway, they were all killed before they reached it. But I agree, more Scarabs and fewer Pariahs would have helped this force immensely. I've been kicking around a few Necron list ideas that I think I'll try working with, I haven't been terribly successful just yet with my Necron strategy either, but that will change. ;)

I had another game against Tau that day which I didn't battle report on, but had about equal results with. My scouts caused some havok with them and my Blood Claws didn't even bother disembarking through the whole game. ;)

Follow ;)

Thanks, Follow better then asking the bstrds at telstra :P ,

I had another game against Tau that day which I didn't battle report on, but had about equal results with. My scouts caused some havok with them and my Blood Claws didn't even bother disembarking through the whole game.

Isn't it annoying when they do that? They were in a LRC? with a tooled WGL that's only just seeing his first game and your eger to see what he can do? well if it hasn't hapened to you then don't think your missing out on anything :rolleyes:

^sum-wan^

Thanks, Follow better then asking the bstrds at telstra :P ,

I had another game against Tau that day which I didn't battle report on, but had about equal results with. My scouts caused some havok with them and my Blood Claws didn't even bother disembarking through the whole game.

Isn't it annoying when they do that? They were in a LRC? with a tooled WGL that's only just seeing his first game and your eger to see what he can do? well if it hasn't hapened to you then don't think your missing out on anything :rolleyes:

^sum-wan^

Nah, it wasn't their first game, I've had plenty of them as the record shows (in my sig). There were actually two squads of BCs in that battle (as shown in the army list). Neither of them needed to disembark because my Scouts beat the odds (many times) and just kept walking through his army. I didn't really have to do anything at all besides put my scouts into position. It was basically his whole army against them and he finally killed the last one when I had killed everything in his force besides 3 crisis suits and his fire warriors.

The Blood Claws just stuck it out in their transport and held a table quarter that way (it was cleanse). Most of my army just gathered dust that fight, it was a mop up....

I prefer interesting fights where I actually have to use tactics to win rather than just get lucky I think. But eh... These are ok sometimes. :P

Follow :(

Archived