Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

+Legio Counterstrike (AoD)+

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
127 replies to this topic

Tubal

Tubal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,171 posts

the loyalists may have no more than one character from any one Chapter while the traitors may have no more than two characters with the same Mark.

Since there are five marks that's only ten marines. Does undivided not count, or should the rest be completely markless or use C:SM?

Also, while I'm at it: would it be ok to choose mo Slaanesh (for example) to get the benefits but using alternative fluff to explain it? Or would the model have to compete with the others with the same mark even though he's not really slaaneshy?

++ Edit for WIP of Kekmeses (click for larger):
++ Edit for another picture
Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Tubal, 12 August 2005 - 08:25 PM.

Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas.

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 22,970 posts
  • Faction: VIIth Legion

the loyalists may have no more than one character from any one Chapter while the traitors may have no more than two characters with the same Mark.

Since there are five marks that's only ten marines. Does undivided not count, or should the rest be completely markless or use C:SM?

Also, while I'm at it: would it be ok to choose mo Slaanesh (for example) to get the benefits but using alternative fluff to explain it? Or would the model have to compete with the others with the same mark even though he's not really slaaneshy?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, the Mark of Tzeentch can't be taken since no psykers are allowed. That leaves four Marks.

Just because up to 2 of each Mark may be taken does not mean that 2 of each Mark will be selected. Each mod/admin will vote based on his (or her) own criteria, so I can't guarantee anything (except the limits).

Creativity is allowed and encouraged. One thing to keep in mind, though, is that the majority of mods are keen on the fluff.

gallery_26_548_13550.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_548_4494.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_6764_14592.pnggallery_26_6764_3621.png

Tubal

Tubal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,171 posts

Well, the Mark of Tzeentch can't be taken since no psykers are allowed. That leaves four Marks.

Well, the main question remains: What mark (if any) can the other (16-(4*2)=) eight marines take? Undivided? None? If all the 'mark slots' are taken there will only be 8 marines out of 16 so there must be others as well. (I hope <_<)

Edited by Tubal, 05 August 2005 - 07:51 PM.

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 22,970 posts
There is no requirement for Chaos characters to take a Mark. Let's also look at this from a fluff perspective - the Red Corsairs haven't aligned themselves with any powers. For them to have any Marks (with the possible exception of Undivided) is not quite with the fluff, although we're allowing it since this is part of the versatility inherent in the Chaos list.

So to answer your question, "none".

gallery_26_548_13550.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_548_4494.pnggallery_26_6416_0.gifgallery_26_6764_14592.pnggallery_26_6764_3621.png

Tubal

Tubal

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,171 posts

So to answer your question, "none".

Gotcha <_<

Aurelius Rex

Aurelius Rex

++ GESTORIS ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,726 posts
  • Faction: Scions of Dorn

Creativity is allowed and encouraged. One thing to keep in mind, though, is that the majority of mods are keen on the fluff.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh yes. <_<

In that spirit, here is the latest musings from the desk of Sergeant Gologtha, as he ponders who best to select for the kill-team mission...

+++

Golgotha added another marine to his mental list. Scouring the Tactical squad rosters and talking to some of the potentials had yielded plenty of marines who were masters with bolters, chainswords and powerblades, but there would be times when brute force, rather than finesse would be required.

Powerfists, plasma pistols, maybe even a thunder hammer would be perfect as long as they could keep them away from the reactor core. He would have to convince Aiakos to let the Assault squads unstrap their jump-packs of course… Best to appeal to his sense of duty and idealism - doing what was best for the mission and all - and of course he would have to break out another bottle of oak-aged Blonica.

He would also have to track down a couple of marines that could handle a combi-melta. Brother Launfal of the Star Dragons would have been ideal, had he not fallen, like so many other good men, on Alcmene.

A fitting testament to his fallen brothers would be to burn the renegade base to the ground, and sow the earth with salt. At least it would be a start.

+++
Hidden Content

BLOODGOD

BLOODGOD

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 395 posts
Question about a targeter when used with a plasma pistol: If you stand still and double-tap, do you need a 2+ (so -1 to the to-hit roll) to hit, and still overheat on a 1,2,3 -OR- do you still need a 3+ but add +1 to the die roll and then effectively hit on a 2+ and only overheat on a 1 or 2 (because a 3+1 would be 4 and not overheat) ?
"Evil will always win, because good is dumb."

If it sounds sarcastic, don't take it seriously.
If it sounds dangerous, do not try it at home or at all.
And if it offends you, just don't listen to it.
- the Offspring

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 22,970 posts

Question about a targeter when used with a plasma pistol: If you stand still and double-tap, do you need a 2+ (so -1 to the to-hit roll) to hit, and still overheat on a 1,2,3 -OR- do you still need a 3+ but add +1 to the die roll and then effectively hit on a 2+ and only overheat on a 1 or 2 (because a 3+1 would be 4 and not overheat) ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The +1 modification is made to the result of the To Hit roll, so if you need to hit on a 4+, you would hit if you rolled a 3+.

The Gets Hot rule doesn't change, though, so the plasma pistol would still overheat on a 3.

So you could hit and overheat on the same turn.

BLOODGOD

BLOODGOD

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 395 posts

The Gets Hot rule doesn't change, though, so the plasma pistol would still overheat on a 3.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Gets Hot '3' being the original, unmodified roll? (Sorry if this sounds like rules-lawyering, just want to get it straight in my head).
"Evil will always win, because good is dumb."

If it sounds sarcastic, don't take it seriously.
If it sounds dangerous, do not try it at home or at all.
And if it offends you, just don't listen to it.
- the Offspring

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 22,970 posts
Getting Hot on a 3 if it is fired twice in that round. This is due to the abnormal plasma reactor effects on the hidden base, causing plasma weapons, power fists, and thunder hammers to malfunction. Plasma weapons malfunction (Get Hot) on a 1 higher chance than normal. So if you only fired the weapon once, it would Get Hot on a 1 or 2.

Yes, plasma weapons are now pretty risky. :D

Nicholas Wolfer

Nicholas Wolfer

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,484 posts
I would've liked to see some kind of a deterence for taking TH/PFs or Meltaguns/etc weapons besides the 5+ Inv. Save, but I'm sure the mods already considered this plenty :D
QUOTE(DepthCharge @ Aug 12 2005, 07:50 PM)
Space Wolves are badasses that operate just barely within the rules.
13th Co. didn't even know there were rules applying to how badass they could be.

Plague BeAst

Plague BeAst

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 292 posts
WIP pic of Inihilus now on first page.

Since I'm all about the fluff:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In his quarters Inihilus lay still. Leathery skin stretched taut over prominent bone, tattered robes over scuffed and crazed ceramite. An image of silent decay. Dead, but undying. Outside his room, mindless servitors scurried around their pre-ordained tasks. They boiled about the Red Corsair's asteroid base like maggots in carrion.
As the base whirled therough the airless void, Inihilus' mind whirled. Ten millenia ago he'd sat in quiet rooms like these and made devotion to a god he now despised. A god he'd turned his gaze from. He'd pledged allegiance to a brother instead, one promising to overthrow the old order. One with the power to make the Imperium strong again. Now Horus was destroyed, and his former battle brothers had declared him heretic.
With his fate sealed, Inihilus, already skilled, had been granted greatness by a true god, a being of power, and chaos, and entropy. Now he knew that the stagnation and collapse of the Empire of Man was necessary, even beautiful in its pathos. He'd turned his blade against his brother marines, hastening the demise of all he'd held dear, helping the Imperium to tear itself apart, to be reborn anew, forged in the fires of chaos.
His revelation had prompted him to turn to face his pursuers, turning his back on the warp maelstrom, and joining Abbadon's crusades. He'd spread the plague of disbelief where those that had been willing, had listened. Elsewhere, he'd taken the heads of those that had not. He'd watched the Gothic sector ablaze, and he'd stood on the bridge of the Plagueclaw. He'd fought former comrades, decadent xenos, and warp-spawned things on his own personal mission. His progress towards holy Terra had brought him into the warband of Tamuk Soto, and into the service of this Tomax Hell. Whilst he was sure they didn't share his vision, he was equally sure they were working towards its completion, knowingly, or not. For as long as it held true, he'd assist in the self agrandising schemes of this petty warlord.

Without warning, the hull of the base rang with an impact, giving off a sweet rolling cadence, so like his former monastery bell Inihilus was momentarily unsure it wasn't part of his reverie. The frenzied shouts and barked orders in the corridor were clearly out of place, however, and almost without volition his hands slipped to check his armaments. He rose with the whine of servos, and the popping of dry tendons. A multitude of raw tongues snaked out, tasting the air. He leveled his stained bolter, its enhanced targeting system whirring and clicking as it adjusted to his pale eyes, and then he strode from his room. Now, like the servitors, he knew his appointed task awaited him.
Tamuk Soto was easy to find, surrounded by underlings clamouring for attention, and straining to make sense of the wail of reports the comms channel had suddenly filled with. He placed a hand over one ear, and when that wasn't enough, raised a massive powerfist, arcing with static, and silenced a gibbering cultist by ripping his head from his neck. As Inihilus moved past the slumping body, Tamuk focused his attention long enough to hiss:
"The lackeys of the corpse are upon us."
"Then I will bring you their heads." Inihilus replied with a voice like the shattering of gravestones.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully it ties in nicely with the background for the AoD, and Jokersminis doesn't mind the small license I've taken with Tamuk's brief appearance. I wanted to give Inihilus a more personal background than the usual bitterness of chaos space marines. He's turned his back on his former comrades and given his soul to Nurgle becasue he honestly thinks its the best way to save the Empire. The road to hell is paved with good intentions.....

Edited by Plague BeAst, 18 August 2005 - 06:49 AM.

Krooter

Krooter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 199 posts
Brother Ramses
Red Corsair, formerly of the Mourning Jackals Chapter
Bolter, lightning claw, daemonic resilience

=====================================================

Striding through the narrow corridors, Ramses seemed to be the physical embodiment of the god’s wrath. His broad shoulders scraped the walls, while his eyes burned with a fury like no other. Cultists scrambled underfoot, but he paid no heed, making his way purposefully through the throng of heretics and traitors. Finally arriving at his destination, he didn’t bother to with the door, instead raising his millennia old lightning claw and carving through the ceramite walls with ease. Stepping back, he raised his bolter and fired, collapsing the already weakened wall. Instantaneously security measures went off, bolter shells relentlessly pounding into his archaic armour. Ignoring the barrage, he reached out and picked up the trembling sorcerer.
“The enemy is upon us”, he growled deep in the back of his throat.
“I was followed here?” the confused pyscher stammered, “that’s impossible, there is no way…..”
“You brought them here”.
“No, no, we had no intention, we”.
“You brought them here”
“Please, no, it’s a mistake, a terrible mistake, a mis”

The resounding noise of the sorcerers screams echoed around the base, filling the air. Climbing out of the room, Ramses smiled. That was the last pyscher left on the base. Now it would be left to himself and the other warriors to show the opposition what true strength was.

=====================================================

Pic should be up by the end of the month, but don’t hold your breath as a) no camera and B) no model.

EDIT: Sorry, can't compete. No model, no camera, nuthin'. Aww well......GO CHAOS!

Edited by Krooter, 18 August 2005 - 04:26 AM.

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 22,970 posts

I would've liked to see some kind of a deterence for taking TH/PFs or Meltaguns/etc weapons besides the 5+ Inv. Save, but I'm sure the mods already considered this plenty  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

On the first part we have the Malfunction rule, which also affects plasma weapons.

For the second, keep in mind that the only melta weapons are combi-weapons that are single shot. The model first has to hit (we had several miss with their combi-meltas in the last AoD) and get past the invulnerable save. Also, taking a combi-melta forces the model to take a close combat weapon, so the character is limited to strong shootiness.

Krooter

Krooter

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 199 posts
Can someone tell me how many Legio/Corsairs players there are? I know we still need more traitors.

Astartes Consul

Astartes Consul

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,407 posts
  • Faction: XIII Legion
I've edited mine, sorry to be so slow, i was away.

cheers

Yogi

Yogi

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,983 posts
"we need more traitors" indeed

Aspiring Champion Alpahrius (yogi)
Red corsairs formerly of the alpha legion.
Bolt pistol, power weapon, demonic strength, parry (33)

If im wrong with the points please tell me, however thats how i understand it to be.

++pic++

Posted Image

Subvert corrupt destroy that was the legion's motto. Why stay with your legion when you could run amok in others? In truth he was indeed far to eccentric for his more conservative brothers. Those who thought it shameful to announce yourself the primarch on the field of battle. Inspiring fear and doubt in those who where about to face you. Considering it a slant on his name, Bah!

To Kilian it mattered not. Underhand was his legions way and he would take it further. He had lead a rebellion on Harkar, convincing the backwater natives he was indeed the Emperor. That the current government was not in his favor and that they should be removed from power. He estimated with delight that there must still be gureilla fighting going on in his name.

He had pretended to be an Ultramarine for many weeks during the Slader campaign, behind enemy lines. He had indeed ruined the Ultramarines reputation in that campaign. Promising assistance would arrive shortly, when of course it did not. Destroying supplies and giving misleading orders it had been enjoyable. But he desired more. That had been just the begining, convicing guardsmen was easy they were awed and young. Only time would tell what would become of his new endeveaour...

Thought for the day: Alpha legion are infamous for their propaganda, believe nothing.

Reality check: Don't fret its not really Alpharius fluff nutters, its just his most favoured son.

Grand Master Tyrael

Grand Master Tyrael

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 145 posts
Posted Image

Posted Image

Brother-Sergeant Samael (GrandMasterTyrael)

Legio Bolter & Chainsword, formerly of the Holy Seraphim of the Emperor Chapter

True Grit, Counter-Attack, Bolter, Chainsword, Targeter, Inferno Bolts, Terminator Honors. - 34 points

Samael jerks back, his superhuman reflexes saving his skull from being split into several smaller pieces by only a few millimeters. The lightning claw meant to deliver the killing blow rakes across the winged skull on the breast plate of his power armor, cutting through the first few inches of ceramite as if it were nothing. He finds himself unable to see out his right eye, as he feels the hot blood run from the shallow wound and down his face. He turns his left shoulder towards his opponent to absorb the next blow, then surges forward, smashing the heavy ceramite shoulder plate into the face of the lightning clawed traitor, breaking the glass of the eye slits in the red helmet so frighteningly similar to those of his brother marines.

The traitor marine staggers back, momentarily off balance, and in these few seconds, he rolls forward, bringing his oversized chainsword up and around in a full circle, severing the staggering heretic's spine and rending him in two at the waist. Samael barely has the time to draw in a single breath before the roar of a cultist's bolt pistol fills his ears and his leg is riddled with bolter fire. The bolts explode, taking chunks out of his power armor but doing no lasting damage. He turns towards the rabble of cultists rushing towards his battle brothers standing amongst the destroyed remains of what was a squad of heretics a mere moment ago. He raises his bolter and gestures towards the enemy as two more shells are deflected by the breast plate of his armor.

"Rally squad.... For the Emperor!"

After the battle, as Samael sat, leaning against the wall of the Thunderhawk as a servitor tended to cleaning the blood from his eye, now a milky white orb. He rose to his feet at the approach of Brother Appoloin, the commanding officer of this mission.

"Brother Samael. I have just been informed that Brother Tahariel has been killed during a special assignment. Prepare yourself brother... You're headed for Amdas."
I say to you, "Pity those who are the left hand of the Emperor for they cannot pity, as we weep tears for the Emperor who has no tears to shed for his own eternal agony."

-The Adeptus Terra

ALIENAGENUS_No-One_FALSUS

ALIENAGENUS_No-One_FALSUS
  • ALENAGENUS
hey Bro. T,

I changed my guys equipment and i think its ok now

Daeothar

Daeothar

++ IRASCOR CALIGATO ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 5,140 posts
  • Faction: Fiery Lions
Veteran Brother Marine Ludovicus Beyaert (daeothar)
Legio Bolter and Chainsword, formerly(?) of the Fiery Lions Chapter.
Bolter, Inferno Bolts, CCW/Chainsword, Bionics, Terminator Honours, Parry, True Grit
40 Points

Posted Image

A matter of Pride…

The sound of the firefight had become fainter and fainter as he had stalked through the dimly lit corridors of the battered and nearly abandoned Corsair Cruiser. Trying to find a way around the hastily erected barricades and piles of dead bodies, he had slowly and silently strayed away from the main area of conflict, the heavily contested central hallway of the section, in his search for a viable route through the maze of corridors.

Veteran Brother Marine Ludovicus Beyaert knelt down and, holding his bolter and chainsword loosely in his gauntleted hands, lowered his head and calmly listened for any signs of the enemy. Just like he had done on hundreds of battlefields, in his long service with the Fiery Lions chapter of the Adeptus Astartes. The din of battle had been growing stronger again for the last couple of minutes and he knew he was nearing the end of this hunt.

Nimbly, he got up and surprisingly silent, moved towards the source of the sound; the traitor position at junction 17D134F, which was covering the entire bow-side portion of hallway 17D with heavy weapons. His kill team had already lost 3 battle brothers in an attempt to storm the position. The zeal and courage of his brothers had once again proven to be more than admirable, but the unobstructed field of fire, which the hundred plus meters of hallway provided the traitors, had taken its toll nonetheless. Bogged down in side corridors and makeshift cover, his squad -joined by kill team Gamma- had found itself in a stalemate and was quickly running out of options.

None of his brethren had noticed his silent departure from their position. He had glimpsed the very reason for his being there, on the other side of the barricades down the hall. It had made him leave and follow his chapter’s path of reckless abandon. The path, which the Legio had tried so hard to curb, during his six months with that venerable institution. Even if they had been successful though, he still had his orders, given to him by the Admiral himself when he was sent to join the Legio. He was bound to these actions by oaths and instincts stronger than any training he had been given afterwards. He was a Fiery Lion first…

Beyaert sniffed the air. They were close now. The sounds of battle were starting to become earsplitting once more, as he neared the intended junction. The deafening roar of autocannons and heavy bolters, only 30 meters and one corner away, was the reason he didn’t hear his own hunter coming up behind him until it was almost too late. Beyaert, kneeling down on one knee again, gathering himself for the final stalk, saw the shift of a shadow in the blinking red alarm lights of the darkened passageway and instinctively rolled to his right. The massive axe, diagonally aimed at his head, barely missed his left shoulderpad as he moved, but clipped  his bionical lower right leg. As he rolled away from the onslaught, the delicate feed from his leg up into his cortex told him that the blow, which would have all but severed a living limb, had done no real damage.

Beyaert came up to a combat stance, a mere two meters away from his would-be slayer. The giant of a man, in battered, once proud blue Powerarmor, which had been crudely and incompletely painted over with a gory red, twisted his double-bladed axe out of the grating of the floor panels and stood, sizing up his opponent. His menacing, twisted rebreather had once been an integral part of his helmet -the rest of it missing- but was now deformed in a frozen, malicious snarl, caked with what looked like dried blood. It probably was. The bare, enormously muscular arms bore the marks of constant self-mutilation in the form of rows upon rows of scars, some recent cuts on the lower arms dripping dark blood on the worn metal of the floor.

With a roar, the brute lunged at Beyaert, hacking his axe in a short swing at the place where moments before his neck had been. The Fiery Lion, anticipating the attack, started his move the very moment the huge weapon began its potentially fatal arc, switching on his chainsword as he whirled away from the axe. His shoulderpad touched and rolled along that of his opponent in his move which momentarily presented him with the back of his unbalanced foe. Pulling his chainsword down over the crudely repaired backpack, he severed a number of cables and kicking out, sent the blood frenzied traitor several meters forward, where he finally regained his balance and turned around.

Now it was Beyaert’s turn to attack and he swung his roaring chainsword in a high arc towards his opponent’s pallid, bald cranium but the massive axe struck up and blocked the descending weapon with ease. Having used his trusted sword as bait, Beyaert jabbed the muzzle of his bolter into the stomach of the crazed psychopath and pulled the trigger.

The bolt penetrated the relatively weak abdominal armor and buried itself deep in the traitor’s gut. Dark blood spurted out of the entry wound as Beyaert stepped away. His assailant staggered backwards, into the bright white square of light shining in from the left corridor of this junction, which connected with the barricaded crossing. The axe head scraped over the metal floor, held by one unsteady hand as the other reached for the ragged, two inches wide hole, aortal blood spouting through the grasping fingers. Already it began to clog, closing the wound and turning the puddle on the floor beneath from dark red liquid to an almost black, sticky mess in seconds.

As the traitor recomposed himself, steadying his stance, he once again lifted his axe, bloodshot eyes full of burning hate locked on his elusive opponent. For the second time he charged, swinging the mighty weapon with only his right hand. Beyaert parried the swing with ease, his opponent’s reflexes dulled by the near fatal wound in his abdomen. The roaring chainsword bit into the haft of the axe, just below the massive blade, and with a protesting shriek and a shower of blazing sparks, the adamantium teeth cut through the rusted metal of the blood-covered weapon, the head of the axe clanging loudly on the floor. The disarmed traitor clawed at Beyaert’s face with his left hand, still covered in his own blood. Leaping back, Beyaert swung a second time. The Fiery Lion’s chainsword cut through the unarmored lower arm, sending the amputee staggering back again in obvious disbelief and shock, the severed hand left twitching on the rusted floor.

This was taking too long.

The traitor, once again standing in the bright light from the corridor to the left, raised both his arms as blood frenzy wrenched the last shred of control from his warped mind. Beyaert intently strode forward towards his dying foe.

‘Blood for the bl…’

Beyaert smacked the magazine of his bolter down between the eyes of the crazed traitor with enough force to break his skull. While the finally dead Corsair slumped to the ground, the Fiery Lion didn’t even break his stride as he passed the corpse, rounding the final corner to his target.

There they were; 30 meters away, six vile traitors -his quarry amongst them- firing an autocannon and a heavy bolter down hallway 17D, pinning his brethren. As the oxy-phosphorous gel in the bolter-round embedded in the dead berserker behind him finally erupted into flame, the marine reactivated his chainsword. Halting his stride, he bellowed the Fiery Lions’ battle cry; ‘Emperor’s will, Lion’s wrath!’, followed by the customary roar of defiance, at the top of his lungs.

The traitors down the hallway finally took notice of what had transpired so close to their, now unprotected, left flank and turned their attention to this unexpected target, too close for comfort already. The heavy bolter lazily swung in his direction, the autocannon more cumbersome on its mount. The rest of the traitors lunged forward to get to grips with, what they believed to be, an easy target. Already, his brethren in corridor 17D were firing away at the crumbling defense. No doubt their charge would follow in moments.

Sprinting the remainder of the distance between him and his enemies, Beyaert focused his attack on the one traitor he had come to seek out and as bolter rounds screamed past him, he swung his chainsword at the blood red armor, which still had patches of bright orange shining through…

At the end of the 13th Black Crusade, the Fiery Lions chapter, which had only been involved in a support capacity safeguarding supply shipping, had become painfully aware of the fact one of their escort ships, containing a full squad of marines led by a 1st company veteran, had gone traitor during the conflict.

The Flaming Claw VII had been escorting an inquisitor and his retinue to the war zone on his specific request. The Flaming Claw had originally been an Imperial escort corvette, part of a squadron which had gone missing approximately 650 years before. About 15 years after the incident, the Fiery Lions Cruiser Fire of Justice was blatantly attacked by the same squadron of corvettes, a mere 10 light years from where they initially disappeared. The Fire of Justice destroyed 3 of the vessels and damaged the 4th without sustaining any substantial damage itself.

When a boarding party gained entry to the disabled corvette, they discovered its crew, covered in all matter of blasphemous tattoos, symbols and mutations, had committed mass suicide prior to the boarding. It was subsequently towed to the Fiery Lions main fleet, re-consecrated and retrofitted for use by the chapter, as per their ancient charter. The corvette was issued to the 5th company and assumed patrol duties with the 5th company fleet as a picket ship immediately after.

During its service though, it had always been considered an unlucky ship and was never really popular with its crews and its marines. A large number of strange occurrences have taken place during its service with the Fiery Lions, with Astropaths and Navigators going mad, freak accidents becoming almost common and the highest peacetime death toll in recorded chapter history.

When the Inquisitor, whose name will be withheld by order of the Ordo Hereticus, came to the Fiery Lions for aid, he found the chapter willing to comply for the right price, as it had been with other Inquisitors before. He was granted the use of a corvette, the Flaming Claw VII, and a complement of 9 marines from the 5th company, led by Veteran Sergeant Mossert of the 1st company to escort him to Cadia.

According to Imperial records, the Flaming Claw VII made it as far as Uralan, where it was last sighted. When it was next encountered by the Imperial Navy several months later, it was adrift near the system of Kato. Most of its crew was found to have committed suicide, while the rest had been savagely slaughtered, including six of the Fiery Lions marines, which had been especially mauled to the point of being barely recognizable. Blasphemous sigils and vile sentences were streaked in the blood of the dead on the walls. Of the other four marines and the Inquisitor, no trace was found.

A nearby Fiery Lions detachment was warned by the Naval Task Force commander and made great haste to reach his fleet. Upon their arrival though, the Navy guards onboard the Flaming Claw VII had been pulled back, as several had been found dead, having committed suicide. The Fiery Lions’ Librarian accompanying the detachment investigated the corvette and after a lengthy contact with the Fiery Lions Admiral, he ordered the Flaming Claw VII destroyed.

The Naval Task Force made short work of the small escort craft and resumed its patrol, while the Fiery Lions on the scene, with the recovered bodies of their brethren, returned to their main fleet.

Not long after that, reports started to come in of a small group of powerarmored brutes hijacking and raiding nearby shipping, slowly making their way towards the Maelstrom. They were identified by the color of their armor; a bright orange. The Fiery Lions had in the meantime never stopped investigating the disappearance of four of their brethren and had recovered the broken body of the missing Inquisitor on an abandoned space station near Kato. A multiheaded snake tattoo stripped from his back and stuffed in his mouth, he was hung upside down from a barbed hook in the ceiling, another dead Fiery Lion was found in a room nearby, apparently poisoned. A faint Warptrail, the only evidence of the others leaving, was headed straight for the Maelstrom.

Fearing the worst, the Fiery Lions began a desperate search for their wayward brethren, undoubtedly knowing there could only be one outcome to the situation, when they were contacted by the Legio Bolter and Chainsword. The Legio, having suffered grievous losses during the last Black Crusade, was requesting the chapter to send them one or more marines to bolster their ranks. Traditionally however, the Fiery Lions had never detached marines to the Legio, save for a handful of extraordinary occasssions.

When the next target of the Legio became known though, the Fiery Lions Admiral, Van Speyk, decided to send one of his men after all, in the light of the evidence found on the space station. The Fiery Lions addition to the Legio Bolter and Chainsword is under orders from the Admiral himself to report on, seek out, and if possible kill, all Fiery Lions traitors encountered. Only when all blemishes on the Fiery Lions’ honor have been erased, is he allowed to return to his own chapter. If the Legio will let him, is another matter altogether though…

Edited by daeothar, 12 August 2005 - 01:37 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

QUOTE (Lord_Gotharion @ Dec 20 2008, 12:43 PM)
"I'm the most dangerous blazing orange wearing, golden heraldry shaking, purity seal infested marine on this side of the Maelstrom, so PHEAR MEH!"

'Just think how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of them are even stupider!' - George Carlin

Hasoroth

Hasoroth

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,513 posts
  • Faction: The White Towers
Wow Daeothar...Some amazing fluff :rolleyes:

And awesome model!

And too BroT I added a picture and fixed the points cost. And how do you put in images into your post?

eguzgPS.jpg

ironloki

ironloki

++ EXERCITUS RECTOR ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 10,668 posts
  • Faction: Sons of Serapis
Yours will look this this

[IMG]http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/forums/uploads/1123557463/gallery_13470_418_38319.jpg[/IMG]

But its too big so resize it to 700px wide :rolleyes:
[img=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v227/ironloki/sbanner2-1.gif]

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something." - [Pseudo Plato]
"Death does not concern us, because as long as we exist, death is not here. And when it does come, we no longer exist." - [Epicurus]
"'It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words." - [Syme, 1984]

Race Bannon

Race Bannon

++ MUNUS SPECIALIS AGNITIO ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 9,104 posts
  • Faction: Raven Guard
Veterai Ramage
Legio, formerly of the Grey Death Legion Chapter.

Chainsword, Master-crafted bolter with Targeter and Inferno Bolts, Purity Seals, Parry, True Grit

Total = 38 :D

Posted Image
----
Ramage strode confidently on the field. Calmly he walked as a god among mortals and deftly shook his head. Not too fast, not too wide. The helmet was snug and moved gracefully to each sweep. He has worn this armor since his induction many decades ago.

“Tutor et ultor.”

Another step. There it was: the Corsair. Ramage curled his lips with disdain. The mere thought of that traitor made his jaw ache as he bit down to keep from losing his concentration.

“Oderint dum metuant.”

Another step. Only one. Excellent. Then the fight will be even. But I have the Emperor on my side. What does he have? A silly, ridiculous pantheon. They stumble over themselves trying to prove who is stronger. Even their greatest champion was no match to His strength of will.

“Deperdit numerus.”

Another step. The chainsword seemed heavy. Ramage commanded the blades to chew into the air. The vibration was a mantra and he knew the sensation. Again he clenched his jaw to keep the memories of battles fought from disturbing his focus.

“Vis in memoriam.”

Another step, quicken the pace. Ramage raised his bolter. The intricate patterns gleamed in the sunlight. The flash of reverie burned in his vision. Lord Cordorba’s gift for my entrance into the Legio. Such honor. Only once. Never again.

“Potius mori quam foedari.”

Another step, quicken the pace. With a finger the bolter slammed a round into the chamber. With the grace of smooth wind Ramage raised the machine and clutched the grip to prepare himself for the shock of battle. With conviction the sword screamed to life. Within his armor, Ramage finished the litany. As the distance grew shorter Ramage knew this was the day the Corsair would regret being alive.

“Stultitia in vita, justitia in mors.”

Edited by Brother Tyler, 13 August 2005 - 05:15 AM.

"Fully dressed in the ancestral Terminator Armour of their Chapter they rise to a new level of battlefield supremacy, a level where monstrous tanks are but playthings of a child, and where Terminators, Daemons and gods stalk as equals." -Thunder and Lightning, White Dwarf 116 (UK)
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Index Astartes: Red Shoulders + Proudly lead farming since 8th edition +
Ferum Caelum - A Raven Guard One-shot

Ferrata

Ferrata

++ PUNIO TRUCIDO ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 9,909 posts
  • Faction: Wings of Death
Taharial, formerly of the Wings of Death
Stop that booing and hissing

Posted Image
Click the Pic for bigger ones, for loki :blink: (1-4)
Small picture to hide my terrible paint job

Combi-Melta w/ Metal Storm ammo and Targeter, Chainsword, Parry & Bionics

The light sphere raced around the darkness, searching. It sped past memories, past thoughts, past dreams, searching. It dashed past feelings and emotions, always searching. In the darkness it looked, in the past it searched. Trying to find the deepest depths of darkness, where secrets lurk. The sphere circled round a patch of real darkness, not just lack of light darkness, but the real darkness which people never discuss. It closed in, staring deep into the patch, trying to find the answers. Finally, it pounced into the darkness and swarmed the emotions, freeing the secrets. All will answer to its quest; all will bow down before the truth.

Taharial’s body shook vigorously, trying to break free from the straps which held him down. His mind resisted the intrusion, the trespassing on his past, but his mind was no match for his tormentor. He would not betray his brothers, but had they betrayed him. He knew he was being tested for purity, screening him against the Ruinous Powers. Making sure what ever had happened to his Brothers was not going to happen to him. He knew the only reason that he had not been executed upon the initiation of the screening, was his courage; honour and loyalty had been shown in the few battles with the Legio. Suddenly, his body became heavy. His muscles relaxing, his internal systems slowing to a sombre rate, his mind going blank.

Taharial awoke, he had been slumped into a large chair, but he was unbound. In front of him he could see the hulking figure of one of the Librarians of the Legio. As the figure closed in, he recognised the chapter badge, a Librarian formerly of the Brotherhood of a Thousand. That’s why it had been so hard to with hold his memories and emotions.

“Welcome Back, Brother.”

“Brother? That means I have been declared…pure”

The last word echoed in the room, trying hard to remain. It flickered from wall to wall, whispering its message.

“For Now.”

Taharial was thankful that he was alive, but he knew he would be watched over. Someone will always be there with a pistol to his head, making sure he didn’t go the same way as his Brothers. He would be an outcast in the Legio, always under suspicion, always being watched.

Deep in Taharial’s mind, the sphere lurked, watching him. Keeping order of his emotions, ready to detonate as soon as has any traitorous thoughts, it was extreme, it was necessary.

Taharial was given his wings within half a century of joining the ranks of the Wings of Death as a scout. Taharial, a member of one of the northern nomadic tribes of Aeternare, had a reputation of being exceptionally skilled at tracking the large beasts which roam the vast tundra’s.  He carried this reputation in the Wings of Death and within two decades had been promoted to the rank of sergeant in one of the 10th Company  squads, which as a majority of  squads in the Wings of Death, was equipped for combat. He then quickly progressed onto the rank of Battle Brother after the Battle of Avaricious VI.

Soon after being granted his wings, a Legio Bolter and Chainsword contacted the Wings of Death to inform that their last member from the Wings had been killed in battle; his seed was on its way to the homeworld. To replace the fallen warrior, Taharial was sent to join the Legio as it was decided that a young marine should be sent, but only one who had been given his wings. In the few missions which Taharial has under taken with the Legio, he has been placed in Assault Squads due to the Wings of Death emphasis on the use of the Jump Pack. When deployed without his jump pack, he has taken to carrying a melta weapon of numerous types, retaining the chapter’s fondness of this type of weaponry. He has shown honour, courage and loyalty to the Legio, he now strives to redeem himself and his brothers.

Ferrata

Edited by Ferrata, 13 August 2005 - 04:59 PM.

brother Tyrion

brother Tyrion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 23 posts
Sergeant Faustul (Legio)

Faustul first came to light in the eyes of Panther Dragons Chaplain Serrus when as a young boy he slew the hideous Wyrm Skablag. Although the hunting party Faustul was with had already caused grievous wounds to the mighty beast, to strike the deathblow was still a mighty feat.

Faustul was taken back to the chapters Fortress Monastery to commence his training. He was one of only fifteen out of two hundred to complete his initiation into the Panther Dragons Chapter. After joining the chapter he served in the scout company until gaining his hallowed suit of power armour after he single headedly killed two tyranid warriors in hand to hand combat. He joined the fourth company which was led by Captain Euthor, who is now the current chapter master.

When the Tyranids’ of Hive Fleet Leviathan landed on the chapter’s home planet of Katarl, Faustul’s squad was one of those dispatched to the outlying outpost Kappa 2. Faustul’s sergeant the honoured Krell was killed when they were set upon by waves of hormagaunts. Faustul picked up the sergeant’s fallen power axe and carved a bloody swathe through the aliens before unofficially taking command of the squad and making a fighting retreat back to the monastery. Faustul was then promoted to sergeant of the squad until such time as a replacement could be found. However no replacement could be found as two days later the 1st, 2nd and 3rd companies were wiped out by the Tyranids the rest of the chapter were forced to flee the planet or be annihilated.

When the legio Bolter and Chainsword approached the chapter looking for recruits the new Chapter Master sent Faustul as he knew he was a capable and resourceful leader.

Equipment. Bolt pistol, Power weapon, Terminator honours, Parry

+++ Mod Edit - Sergeant Golgotha says that by his maths skills a Bolt pistol, Power weapon and parry add up to 23 points. Did you intend to include terminator honours to his loadout, or, perhaps, swap the powersword for a Thunderhammer or powerfist? ^_^ Aurelius Rex. +++

Why yes I did intend for termintor honours.Thank you very much

Piccy up soon.

(Gotta get camera up and running)

Edited by brother Tyrion, 16 August 2005 - 01:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users