Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

IA Character Creation: Paullian Blantar

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Ferrata

Ferrata

++ PUNIO TRUCIDO ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 9,909 posts
  • Chapter Name: Wings of Death

Some of which I quite liked (including yours).

Why Thankyou :D

My appologies if I stepped on any toes when I pulled that above list

Nah, my fault. Making things complicated like I always do, ask ironloki <_<

Ferrata

Hellstrike

Hellstrike

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 222 posts
  • Chapter Name: Crusade of Chapters

Nah, my fault. Making things complicated like I always do, ask ironloki

as I've tended to notice in the DoW threads :D

its all good though, just making sure everyone who wants to has their say in this. Board effort and all <_<

"Peace through Superior Firepower"

my_name_is_tudor

my_name_is_tudor

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,092 posts
I too think another techmarine type character with an axe is just a little boring, but for alternatives I'm a bit stumped.. perhaps a thunder hammer? but then thats a bit OTT on slow, strength doubling weapons..

Bannus

Bannus

++PRAETOR BELLUM++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 12,813 posts
  • Chapter Name: Iron Hands
While the power-axe may seem 'boring' - it is as much a badge of office for the Techmarine as the Crosius is for a Chaplain.

Of the sugestions, I don't see the DeathWatch upgrade as really feasable for the Iron Hands (which is why none of mine have it) since they are very reclusive and interaction with other organizations are minimal if non-existent.

If he is to be equipped with a combi-weapon, my vote would be for a combi-melta - since the flamer and plasma options are easily accessable through the use of the harness upgrade.

Mastercrafting is very appropriate for a character of his status as is Terminator Honors.

However, before we really start to outfit him, we should decide which Techmarine attributes should be emphasised - is he to be geared towards close-combat? or should this be emphasized less in favor of other characteristics such as shooting or repair capability?
IRON HANDS LEGION OF THE DAMNED

Remember that during a zombie apocalypse, you don't have to out-
run the zombies....just the guy next to you.
Posted Image

Animus Ferrus

Animus Ferrus

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 709 posts
I think that we should emphasize Paulin's ability to repair things, as Iron Fathers have to be good at making/fixing things, with a secondary focus on close combat: how dare those heathen ______ scratch the paint on that, let's say Predator, which he had so lovingly maintained? The Machine God demands blood for that sacrilige!

Also, I think we should try and wedge in Litanies of Hate: the Iron Hands aren't known for their kindness and Iron Fathers fuel the hate of their brothers with "rousing oratories."

ADDENDUM: While the Power Axe may seem a bit booring, bear in mind that the Iron Hands and Adeptus Mechanicus are lovy-duby, and the Power Axe is the "side arm of choice" for the Tech-Priests, ergo Iron Fathers/Techmarines imitate their "role-model"'s choice of weapons.

Edited by Animus Ferrus, 02 August 2005 - 02:13 AM.

Thou shalt not look at the Techpriest and say, "Resistance is Futile."

Bionics: When you can afford an arm and a leg.

ORKS RUN CAR INSURANCE COMPANIES!
Something just came to my attention earlier today. I have noticed that if a car is red then its insurance goes up. Why is that? BECAUSE RED MAKES THINGS GO FASTER! This piece of evidence shows that we are doomed to be killed by Orks because they are already here.

SCC

SCC

++ UNGUIS AENEI ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 7,236 posts
  • Chapter Name: Brazen Claws/Raven Guard
Blantar wargear poll now open!

Pyriel

Pyriel

+FRATER DOMUS+

• +EXCOMMUNICATUS+
  • 4,745 posts
Maybe some anti-weakness litanies?
Nunquam non parati!

Master Of Malfeasance X: on SoB armies:
"I really can't comment on Sisters of Battle players as I despise that army to the core of my being and any observation I might make will be colored by that. If I were going to make one, though, they tend to quote space marine fluff, but insert sisters of battle in every instance of the word 'space marine'. SoB players never think it's funny when I turn Celestine into a spawn and shout 'BACK TO THE KITCHEN!'"
- Think I almost laughed myself into cardiac arrest seeing this:)

Salamanders W-64 D-45 L-16
Pure Grey Knights W-9 D-2 L-1
Orks W-1 D-1 L-0

Brother Tyler

Brother Tyler

++ FIDELIS MILITUS ++

• +++ADMINISTRATUM+++
  • 18,846 posts
  • Chapter Name: VIIth Legion
It's a real shame that this discussion tapered off. Is there any interest in completing development of Paullian Blantar as a special character for the Iron Hands?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users