Reclusiarch Erithmelius

VtrAxX

The green on the skull is three seperate runes in Chinese (All freehand around the model is Chinese) and the three on his skull means: Blood, Knowledge, and Sky.

The reciepe for the marble is quite easy:

Apply Dark Angels as the main colour (over black primer)

Then adding in jagged streaks of black (this creates the depth) Random lines is best for this.

Highlight it with a mix of dark angels green and a bit of snot green (around the eyes of the black)

Keep adding till you get pure snot.

Add in a bit of scorpion to the snot green.

Final highlight with scorpion green

Glaze with dark angels ink.

Volia!

Thanks for the comments people

Vtraxx Out

I entirely agree with you on that But I'll be having more grey on the model soon so having the purity seal wax as grey would have the colour shown on the model many times instead of once which seems kind of weird. Unity basically.

I was going to go green till i figured that if I am going to have grey on the model and such.

But I am acutally re-considering so I'll take that into account, which I'm most likely going to re-do green.

Thanks man

VTraxx Out

Another Update: This time he is near finish What still needs to be re-blended is his eyes and some little tiny details and a little more touch to the base, also the purity seal waxes (maybe).

Re-blends are: Glazed Crozius Top Symbol with purple to give a power weapon feel/look. Some Bone skulls to grey. And More Chinese Runes.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/Vtraxx/WIP/DSC02609.jpg

Enjoy!

Vtraxx Out

dude, nice to see you're back at the B&C to.

about the model, wow :blink: you've been buisy since the last time had seen it.

-you dropped the green light around the eyes which is a good choice.

-i believe you redid the marble, looks great.

-the green markings are awsome.

i think this is the best amateur miniture i have ever seen. i think you should have a whole army of these :P

keep up dude

Close up of the symbols SURE! I'll grab some pics after I do a bit more work on him today which i expect to finalize him.

I will be going for GD Canada 2006 with him 40k single.. I hope he can place or make first cut so forth.

Vtraxx Out

wow :wub: that's a beautiful paintjob.

judging from past entries into golden daemon entries you should have a real good shot of at least placing, if not getting fist place. I love the chinese characters, they make him really stand out.

edit: i just noticed, the power fist highlights look a bit thick.

Hey V

Looks like you painted up another cool mini. ARe you entering it Youngblood, or in best 40k (or another)?

I don't know if Petro has been painting somethign up for GD, anyway see you there (probably)

--Cube

Not bad. The red armor is looking INFINITELY better than when you first started the model. You know what I mean Victor. As one of your competition for 40k single, I wish you the best of luck.

DV8

Any chance we can get a close up of the power fist? :wink:

On the purity seals: It's ok if they pop from the rest of your scheme, will add another element of color, which on most marine armies, is needed. I do my purity seals purple on my sallies because...red first off everybody does it, second off i have red eyes and other red parts...so I like to have it pop and stand out. :P

Just my opinion though. Looks great mate! I hope I can paint as good as you when i turn 15 :) :)

I am most likely going to glaze the grey purity seal waxes with dark angels green. Will give them a tint colour and since the grey is already highlighted it will probably after multiple glazes turn into a green already highlighted which works!

But anyways again Thanks for the great comments and yes I am 15, i turned 15 this year on Feb 1st.

Vtraxx Out

Really nice looking mini you've got there. VtrAxX, in all the time I've been coming to the B&C (mostly lurking until recently, as you can pretty much tell from my low post count) you have only grown in leaps and bounds. Keep going at this rate and I don't see there being much of a limit on what you could do in the future. Best of luck on your entry!

Archived