Chaplain Reclusiarch on Bike

Here is a Chaplain model I recently made and have started to colour.

Model in Construction:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/cal...ht/DSCF0006.jpg

Painted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v153/cal...ain_on_bike.jpg

I have since refined the painting and toned down the highlights.

++EDIT++

Please use links for pics that are wider than 700 pixels. :wub:

Thanks for the comments, John Thompson and Magnus the red.

The scroll text:

was done with pretty much neat codex grey using the 'Masters Fine Detail' (any good quality brush will do). Use fine squiggles and create the appearence of paragraphs. You can go over certain parts with Codex Grey and Scorched Brown mix to enhance lettering if required, this greatly depends on back ground colour. I avoid Black in general as this is too harsh I think, and creates the appearence of holy scripture written in marker pen!

The Helmet:

After a undercoat of black sprey I coloured the bone areas Scorched brown, as always I use several watered down layers 50/50 paint to water.

Bestial Brown was then blended over the entire bone area only leaving scorched brown as a thin line around edges to create contrast.

An equal mix of Bestial brown and Commando Khaki was then used to cover all bone areas except the very edge where now Scorched and Bestial Brown are showing through in blended succession. As always water was added to the mix in equal quantities to paint. Several layers should be applied untill a solid colour is achieved.

Repeat the process untill Commando Khaki can be applied on it's own, as always using pletty of water and blanding the colour up from and recesses or edges creating a natural highlight for the large surface area.

Continue the process to a final mix of Commando Khaki and Skull White for the final highlight, depending on how well the colour is able to blend you should try and be selective in the areas you highlight now, keeping in mind the vertual sun.

I chose not to go all the way to white as a highlight to maintain the subtle hugh I achieved.

Good Luck.

Great work Brother C ;) good positioning and a gritty paintjob really make him look imposing. the 'old gold' really looks good to offset the black, and the limited palette keeps the whole thing tight, makes me want to repaint my own!

My only critique are that the gold, especially on the left shoulder pad, look a bit flat and sort of smudged, like you just sloshed some gold over slightly wet black paint. Try layering up the gold from darker to lighter shades to give it that bit more depth, especially where depth is needed (i.e that shoulder pad).

And lastly, the rim of the base could use another layer of brown. :)

other than that, looks good. Love that helmet and the parchment.

;) :wink: :huh:

Love the mini, esp. the helmet, but one pet peeve: Where's his crozius? He gets a free power weapon anyway, so to me it seems a little redundant to give him a power weapon. Unless his crozius on lashed to the back of the cycle and we can't see it. *coughhintwinkwinknudgenudgecough*

>.>

Excuse me.

Edit: and to fix the gold, try just giving it a black or brown ink wash. That always helps me ;)

Archived