Pictures of older dreadnoughts

CB319

Im trying to model various versions of the dreadnoughts, and I know that the standard dreadnoughts are Mark V, and ForgeWorld makes Mark IVs. Logic tells us that there must be at least three other marks out there. I was wondering if there were any pictures of them?

MOD EDIT: Image removed. In the absence of specific permission by Sabretooth to scan images, we'll follow the guidance of the company which has licensed Sabretooth, Games Workshop which doesn't allow scans of images.

RT

That would be MK2 or 3 I assume, from the Horus Heresy CCG artwork.

http://webpages.charter.net/psiekier/blood_angels/oop_dreads.jpg

These are the two in my collection, flanking a metal dreadnought and accompanied by a Rogue Trader-era Techmarine.

Yeah, I've got a couple of these too from back in the day. Missle laucher/powerfist/double bolter and twin powerfist/double bolter.

Similar to the two in psiekier's pic.

Any suggestions of what to do with them??

Convert or keep as original?

Convert or keep as original?

Well, you can see what I did. I've never actually attached both arms to either one of those models; one has the twin lascannon bit from a First Edition Land Raider, and the other has a First Edition Eldar scatterlaser masquerading as an assault cannon. I was missing the shoulder joint, so I had to find an alternative that would fit a model that size.

I have a third unpainted model with the stubby legs and both fists. I intend to replace the single bolter on the right arm with a meltagun and turn him into a Furioso some day.

Either is cool. and either will work for fluff purposes

You can say that the chapter has had very limited resources and they've had to continually reuse dreadnoughts from way back when... and besides, no use in throwing away what can be fixed.

You can also say that the chapter has few resources, that they've had to keep the original dreadnoughts but they've been able to modernize them and give them modern weapons.

I meant more along the lines of how to re-make those old dreadnoughts...obviously, anything can be done with GS, but I would rather dabble in as little of that black art as possible (Though I am quite good at it by the standards of other people).

Edit: Hmm...a powerfist wouldn't do so bad as one of the hands.

before I move this over to PC&A, let me show you my rebuilt one, conforming to 4th ed. rules for the B&C's own Dreadnought competition. The Powerfist is original, the TLLCs are made from some gubbinz and two Space Crusade Lascannons...

http://www.xs4all.nl/~daeothar/FieryLions/Pictures/ForumPictures/DefenderOfThePalaceStepsBig.jpg

Daeothar ... Nice one! ;)

The Space Crusade Dreadnought ..... So enormously ugly that's it's almost beautiful. :ph34r:

:)

http://homepages.tig.com.au/~tezzajw/dreadnoughtheavyforsale.jpg

http://homepages.tig.com.au/~tezzajw/paintedbluedreadtosell.jpg

My god, that's disgusting...I would rather not have seen that. What an awful model. Unfortunately, I still have no ideas on shortcuts to make the RT dreads...I could probably do the weapons, but the body, legs...that's way past me without simply making the entire thing out of GS.

Hey, the 'plastic dred' relaly fits the Horus heresy artbooks...

I need to buy some, to make my 40-scale heresy dred. <_<

I`m going to do the same as you! :devil:

I`m really hope , you won`t outbid me :.. :P)

Excuse me, but which mod is RT?

Next time you decide to moderate an image, take a look at the URL before you do, it was hosted among a set of samples on THE ARTIST'S website, not a scan of the CCG game card, and so was perfectly legitimate.

Archived