New Space Wolf Codex

wisey1986

Fifteen years is a long time! Welcome home. I only had an eight years break myself, before I came crawling back.

Njål is not in the codex. But he is in my suitcase. You are not the only one to miss him on the board. When 3rd edition came GW thougth psychics dominated too much in 2nd. They stripped the magic from the game almost entirely (as far as I have understood. I skipped 3rd ed). They subsequently realised they overdid it, and brought it back again. As our codex is 3rd ed, we lag behind. But psychics will come back to us with a new codex. Possibly Njål as well!

From my thoughts, mostly wishful thinking, these are my thoughts of what they should do to the new sw codex:

1. make bloodclaws ws 4 with beserk charge still there.

2. if above was not satisfied and they are still ws 3, give them rending.

3. make wolf guard either cheaper or better stats, ie. ws 5

4. seeing as that normal sm captains and chapter masters have a ws 6, give the sw special charaters a ws of 7\

5. give ragnar blackmane a 3+ invulnerable save,(he's supposed to be faster than he is)

6. make the wolf guard an independent squad.

7. give grey hunters and higher relentless

8. give all sw a 5+ psychic sv

9. either make blood claws fearless, or give them a higher ld,(blood claws never retreat).

10. make Logan Grimnar better, no current thoughts on that.

11.give long fangs a re-roll on all misses

12. make the sw ven dreads with a ws 6 and bs 5 with better special rules,( way too expensive compared to the normal sm ven dreads in new sm codex)

1.Give them ws 4, but keep their bs skill a 3, if scouts for space marines have 4 for both we should atleast have a 4ws.

2.No rending, but maybe another special weapon and more pws.

3.Items for wolfguard need to be cheaper, my wolf guard terminators with a pw and storm bolter cost more points than a regular terminator. So less points for wolf guard items.

4.Give them ws 6 and same rules, maybe equal point costs that the wolf guard has.

5.Maybe a 3+ save in close combat and a 4+ normal, only saves that good are storm sheilds and the sisters I believe.

6.I actually like having my terminators with my HQ's, they tear up any other squads. But again give them lower point costs.

7.That would make them to good, but give us the chance to choose between close combat or ranged combat squads. For close combat give them more pw or for the ranged more special and heavy weapons.

8.Since pysic powers are back make the wolf tail have a 5+ instead of a 6+.

9.Give all sws stubborn, that should keep them in combat and keep them from having to take extra wounds.

10.Logan is pretty good in close combat, in the first round of combat he has 6 attacks which hits at 3+ and can re-roll. He can also hit at str 5 with in 5 or str 8 at in 1. Give him all the special rules that current chapter masters have and re-work his leader rule, like for every turn he is on the field he give every ally on the field a +1 to attack. Or every ally in 18".

11.I heard that long ago that long fangs had bs 5, bring that back or make their weapons cost less.

12.Not sure what the new rules for regular sm ven. dreadnoughts are, but an 4 attacks and 13 armor would be nice.

Would like the new vehicles to be in there, having the 13th company as an elite choice like the the legion of the damned are now.

Don't really care about the new elite units like vanguard or sterguard or the master of the forge. The space wolves are the elite of the space marines. But would like more powers for our rune priests and a named rune priest that can equal other named Librarians.

Also, new to the forums but long time Space Wolf player. Long live the sons of russ.

I just hope we get to keep the ability to mix and match weapons with our wolf guard termies, have tons of attacks on our HQ's, and take a crapload of close combat upgrades.

If they want to change something, make bike units and long fangs more viable by improving stats or being less costly. Oh and give frags to BC bikers! What I would really like is a way to incorporate bikes as troops like vanilla marines have. I think space wolves look awesome on bikes. They look like hells angels, they just need leather vests with a wolf patch on the back.

• 1 month later...

Well I am coming back to the wolves after a long break. (2nd) Feels good to know that a new codex is going to be out somewhat soon.

I know the whole first time poster thing will throw what I am going to say in doubt but.....

I know someone who made a recent visit to GW in England. They were done the new codex and a ton of new models, and were in process of doing photography for them.

So it is looking like late 2009/early 2010. Maybe the new SW launch will be along the lines of the big yearly event.

Who knows, it is fun to speculate.

Archived