New Space Wolf Codex

wisey1986

Stormcaller - I see what you mean about the FAQ because of what it says about people you charge who have grenades. However, the 40k rule book says models who are charged whilst in cover strike at Initiative 10. It then says some units count as being in cover all the time because of psychic abilities and these abilities have no affect on the charge. GW has completely contradicted itself seing as an FAQ is meant to clear up mistakes or confusion in the rulebook. However, seeing as the rulebook clearly states that these units receive no benefit on the charge I don't think you could argue any other way.

I agree with Blood Claws being a 0-1 choice for troops and bikes...I still don't think they should be jump troops.

They're new recruits and not the core of the Space Wolf company...'nuff said.

I think the Rune Priest should have at least one other psychic power, maybe something offensive (Wolves are an offensive army) AND be able to use one or the other per turn without having to take a familiar...maybe something that confuses an enemy unit (can't move, shoot, and strike at Init 2 for one turn) and the only way to shake it off is if they have a psychic hood, Collar of Khorne, etc...even fearless will get confused.

Just a thought

I dont agree with the 0-1 on claws as it can be very limiting in larger games, make it 1 squad of claws per squad of hunters or even per 2 squads of hunters, this would have a similair affect without restricting larger games.

also the whole "wolves only fight on the ground" crap that came in with 3rd edition can be left out

I am quite torn about the whole thing.

While excited about the prospect of a new codex, I am quite happy to be the last one to get done.

I guess because as an "Old Wolf" I am quite resistant to change.

I also believe the list needs some tweaks, but not at the expense of our individuality.

We are the "Sons of Russ" and are quite different from our Codex brethren, more so than perhaps any other Chapter.

I hear many of you want 2 specials in the GreyHunters Packs. But, not at the expense of becoming more like Grey Slayers.

Hell, in a way we can have THREE specials now! I always take one special and 2 Plasma Pistols. I guess many of you don't take the Plasma pistols but, I really fear them taking them away from me.

Also on the veteran skills. We do get True Grit and counter charge. which in my opinion suits the wolves and our style of fighting. My fear with getting the furious charge option (esp. with Blood Claws) is that we will lose the Berserk charge of the Claws which again is identifying to our list.

I do think it would be cool to arm all Blood Claws with Combat shields for a points cost, but more because it would look really cool to model "Viking type" shields on my Pack.

Long Fangs need something, and this is one area where we could learn something from our 13th co. brethren. I get visions of a Long Fang pack in a drop pod with 4 plasma guns and the pack leader with a powerfist, add a WGPL with a combi-pg and Lc in termie armor/runic charm... man, gives me wood.

Bikers need frag, and should have bp/ccw 1 attack in prolonged combat really, really, really sucks. I still take them as is though.

While I don't believe us to be a strict "close combat" army, I do believe something needs to be done to bring us back online with our Vanilla brethren.

We had reduced cost Wargear for a reason, maybe a further cost reduction in this area needs to be looked at.

Or with the howl Idea, maybe purchased to allow the pack the character is with to gain furious charge once a game, this will allow us to keep the very flavorful Truegrit/counter charge while bringing us in line with the other armies a bit.

I also don't believe we should have the board wide leadership ability, but in staying with the Warband flavor, maybe give each IC a command raduis like the IG have.

Oh, and I like the idea of making wolves wargear for all who have access to the armory, kinda like Chaos.

I think thats it.

End rant.

RADU LYKAN, if you're playing large games, you can normally play 2 companies...though I could see 1 squad of BC per 2 GH.

ittlbitz, I would also like to see some upgrades with bikes. I love them and I take them. I'm happy that we get a good charge and can take 2 power fists, but having 2 normal attacks vs 1 would be nice. I hate to say it, but maybe spikes on bikes would help...say, Kraken teeth edging the side of the bikes...no, not for a power weapon attack, just an extra attack.

I love the abilities we have and because of that, my wolves are geared for shooting and speed. My Grey Hunters are equipped with bolters and my BC support with Power Fists. My Ven Dread and HQ's Drop pod in and my bikes maneuvre around for flanking support. Scouts OBEL to take out pesky heavy weapons and (when needed) I have snipers to pin any oncoming rush. I've been playing them since 1999 (my first army) and I hope they don't get jacked when the new Codex comes out.

I agree with littlbitz, the possibility to take two plasma pistols as well as the other toys in Grey Hunter Packs is very useful and unique (a good thing). We can still pour out as much plasma on the move, as a Tactical Squad with two plasma guns and have the choice to shoot even more if we stand still plus still getting two shots as well as being able to assault. It

Here's some thoughts i've had over the last day or two, and thought i'd toss out there.

Wolf Lord: Otherworldy Howl (instead of Rites of Battle) - Once per game, the Wolf Lord may let loose a terrifying howl that sends the enemy fleeing in terror. All enemy units, not locked in combat, within 12" must take a morale check as though having suffered 25% casualties, or flee. This ability may be used while locked in combat.

Wolf Priest: Master of Medicine (instead of Litanies) - The Wolf Priest is exceptionally skilled at utilizing shamanstic medicine to close wounds and get his men back to the fight, some would say even faster than the Apothecaries of other chapters. His Healing Potions and Balms may ignore two failed saves per turn, instead of one.

Grey Hunters: A single Grey Hunter pack in the army may purchase a Wolf Totem for (x) points. This totem is a symbol of their veteran ability, and they are allowed to take a single veteran skill at +3 points per model.

Infiltrate - After millenia of battle, they've learned to move quietly in their bulky power armor.

Furious Charge - While far away from being Blood Claws, they still have the rage welling inside them, and know when to release it.

Preferred Enemy - Having fought on countless worlds in countless conflicts, the Grey Hunters have learned how best to handle each foe.

Further, any single IC may join the squad and gain their veteran skill for +5 points, but that IC becomes part of the pack and may not leave it during the game.

Just a few ideas I thought i'd toss out.

I'd love to see:

1- A monsterous creature such as a warewolf with 4 wounds and st 8 and T6!

2- An IC with T5 not just 4

3- Cheaper and better Bikes, perhaps GH bikes

4- Cheaper LF

5- Furious Charge...come on at least for WG

6- Improved fenrisian wolves...save 4+ 9they cost almost as much as eldar guardian, why not have their save?!

7- Cheaper Jump packs

8- more units that can infiltrate...we're wolves, how come we don't act like real ones!

9- use of Special Characters like other armies have..why do we have to ask permission for their use?! :wub:

10- slow but purposeful rule for our LF

6- Improved fenrisian wolves...save 4+ 9they cost almost as much as eldar guardian, why not have their save?!
They cost more than Eldar Guardians... Compare them to an Ork Skar Boy and you might appreciate what you get for your points...

Some people says such comparisions aren

Grey Hunters: A single Grey Hunter pack in the army may purchase a Wolf Totem for (x) points. This totem is a symbol of their veteran ability, and they are allowed to take a single veteran skill at +3 points per model.

Infiltrate - After millenia of battle, they've learned to move quietly in their bulky power armor.

Furious Charge - While far away from being Blood Claws, they still have the rage welling inside them, and know when to release it.

Preferred Enemy - Having fought on countless worlds in countless conflicts, the Grey Hunters have learned how best to handle each foe.

this would make the wolf totem worth it but furious charge? i dont feel any SW should be given furious charge personally

not so cheap if you compare with kroots which are basically SM with 6+ SV. they only cost 6 pts or 7 if accompanied by a shaper!
And have T3, worse Ld and no No matter the odds, Counter-Attack, And they shall know no fear, Scouts, Beasts etc.

Fenrisian Wolves are great value for the points. I don

Thralkhan: If anyone should have a familiar, it should be a Space Wolf. Either some sort of Chooser or a Fenrisian Wolf. I disagree with two powers without a familiar, but agree with you in that we should carry one offensive, one defensive. It balances what is a list that is strong on attack and just as strong on counter-attack.

Littlebitz: If the reduced prices on wargear were ripped off from us, and some veteran traits were borrowed from our codex, then we should expect a slight decrease in prices, yes?

I also agree with the masses, despite not having played 13th myself: fenrisian wolves are a gift horse. Do not look it in the mouth.

;)

O.K I think the 13th great company in the new dex is wanted by all. Be it as a list ala the DA deathwing/Ravenwing lists. Blood Claw packs a an 0-1 makes sense to me maybe make the squads a littel bigger then they are now.Last a side bar story on the 13th blackcrusade and the SW and DA any fighting side by side.

I think they will have to include the 13th company as I can see a lot of annonance at it's omission but it would make it the only dex with 2 seperate armies to the best of my knowledge. People are arguing over blood claws and giving they furious charge to do so would make they extreamly powerful and expensive they'd cost as much as grey hunters. The issue with the leman russ tank has to be sorted either make a model for space wolves or use the regular battle tank. On that point does any one know where I can find fluff on why it is named after our primarch but used extensefully in guard armies.

Since The prolem with LF is that they are vunrable(cant spell sorry) due to there limited nunbers and that they cost alot. I was thinking that couldent one just give them extra cover save point or two like kroot or tanith como cloke?

WP should include healing posions and stuff to show that he is a healer, and have an option for 3w.

WG whatever happen they must ceep the flexible wargear options and flesh it out some. Give PA WG the abbility to carry a storm bolter.

I like the idea of the WL dubble distance charge ability. Or instead he can once per game or twice make every Wepon of S5+ count as pinning. That last one could use some tingkering

scouts with wolves?

GH shouldent have to pay for a bloter come on!

What do you say?

Instead of giving our Wolf Priests the Litanies of Hate, how about this. When attached to a pack of blood claws, the blood claws then become WS4, to show their need to impress the higher ranking wolves in order to advance up the ranks.

by:airelljohn

10- slow but purposeful rule for our LF

I like this idea, but combine it with the ability to add more troops up to 8 max (fluff wise could be greyhunters that just advanced into long fangs). This would represent them being trained by the older wolves. The way I see it, this is how the wolves work, the oldest always teaching the youngest, no matter how high up the chain of command you go.

One last thing I would like to see is a clear definition on drop pods. Hopefully this will com in GW's latest set of FAQ's.

Asmodai brings up an interesting point regarding LF's, instead of "upgrading" them with a WG, "downgrade" them by adding GH's. It DOES make sense in a way, and can represent the usual squad other Chapters have but with a Wolf twist to it. Instead of just having members armed with Bolters, ours would be Grey Hunters with their regular statlines.

Littlebitz said pretty much everything I would like to see in a new Codex, so I reckon that about sums up my thoughts.

We don't NEED very much as a whole, just minor tweaks, and options. Hopefully the trend will continue in that we retain our individualityand character instead of becoming Ultramarines in grey. ^_^

I like this idea, but combine it with the ability to add more troops up to 8 max (fluff wise could be greyhunters that just advanced into long fangs).

My understanding was that Space Wolves stayed with their packmates from Blood Claws all the way to Long Fangs. That's the reason that Long Fangs are small in number - because their packmates have been killed in the centuries of warfare. I think that Long Fangs are supremely characterful. Why would the Long Fangs accept outsiders into their pack?

You wouldn't get Grey Hunters joining an existing Long Fangs pack, rather the Grey Hunters pack would turn into Long Fangs.

Sure, from a gaming perspective your 'ablative wounds' sound fine, but think about it from the characterful position of a Long Fang. Long Fangs can split fire which is a supremely useful skill... but that's offset by their vulnerability. Would it be so fair to split fire if the enemy has to kill off ~seven marines to stop you?

My understanding was that Space Wolves stayed with their packmates from Blood Claws all the way to Long Fangs. That's the reason that Long Fangs are small in number - because their packmates have been killed in the centuries of warfare. I think that Long Fangs are supremely characterful. Why would the Long Fangs accept outsiders into their pack?
You're right, they do stay together as much as possible. Once their GH pack starts dying off, those left alive are put in charge of blood claws, promoted to long fangs or wolf guard, or even scouts. My premise was that the greyhunters are in transition to becoming full fledged long fangs and are being judged by their elders in combat. Learning by example how to succesfully weild their new weapons and how to individually target seperate squads to maximum effect.

Long Fangs can split fire which is a supremely useful skill... but that's offset by their vulnerability. Would it be so fair to split fire if the enemy has to kill off ~seven marines to stop you?

How many vehicles besides light transports are bolters going to take out? Even then they've got to be within 24". Keep the long fangs as they are where you have make each one take a heavy weapon, and keep the cost the same, just add the option to add up to 4 GH's to the squad. This would prevent taking the all bolter devestator type squad.

this is what I copied in aug of 2005 from this site before they redid it.

Greetings from the good folks of the Space Wolves forum of the Bolter and Chainsword! We know you're busy with 4th edition and new codexes and all, and we took it upon ourselves to put together a list of stuff we'd like to see looked at (and maybe changed) for the 4th edition SW codex, if possible. We know there's a new SW codex on the way sometime in the far future, so hopefully this'll give you some ideas.

Keep in mind, first of all, that these are all suggestions (in no way are they meant as demands to 'fix' something, whereby if you don't comply we'll threaten to stop playing, etc. etc. You know, lameness like that) which are mostly geared towards making units and options which are rarely seen on the battlefield more useful (but not overpowered). Some of the ideas we came up with have no right being 'Space-Wolf-Only' type rules/options, so we tried to make note of that where possible.

We tried to restrain ourselves to simply fixing little things in the list, rather than adding stuff, though we tossed together some rules for a good many characters for Space Wolves and the 13th Co., and hopefully you like them and include a few of them (we hear that you've got a good many pages of Codex to fill). Also, where it was a sort of grey area, we tried to err on the side of underpowered/overpriced, but not so much as to prohibit use (which is a tricky business, as I'm sure you know).

Hopefully most of the suggestions are easily understandable (there are places where WE could use some clarifications too, if possible), and I would be GLAD to answer any questions about our suggestions and show you the reasoning behind some of the changes we saw fit to suggest.

Also, since we're not sure what you have planned for us, remember that these are suggestions mostly made in the context of 3rd edition w/ the TAR and the current codex. If you rework the entire SW codex, well, a good many of the suggestions herein will probably not work.

Assuming the codex remains somewhat similar, hopefully these will be applicable and give you guys a good idea of what should probably (in our humble opinions) be changed. If the changes here were to take place, it is this Wolf Lord's opinion that you'd have improved upon an already near-perfect codex.

Finalized suggestions:

Leman Russ Battle Tank (Exterminator)

1.) There should be a Leman Russ variant in the Space Wolf Codex to help maintain the character of the army (We'd prefer to keep the Exterminator if possible, frankly). The option of putting a straight Leman Russ Battle Tank in the list is something we're not sure how we feel about. Somehow, it doesn't seem to fit like an Exterminator does. If we were to get a plain Leman Russ Battle Tank, it should probably cost at least what it does now (i.e.: ignore statement #2), if not more (200 perhaps?).

2.) Drop the cost of the Exterminator by 20 points.

Blood Claw Jump Packs

1.) Blood Claws JP's should be dropped to 25 points a piece. Currently, they are simply too fragile, expensive, suicidal, and uncontrollable to be worth their current price.

2.) 'Jink' suggestion as a general thing for all Jump Packs (5 or 6+ inv. save vs. shooting if you move over 6 inches) to represent the difficulty of hitting something that is moving in 3-D.

3.) Did GW mean to put a 0-1 limit on Blood Claws with Jump Packs (Vague in codex)?

Rune Priest

1.) Should the Rune Priest have access to Fenrisian Wolves?

Fenrisian Wolves

1.) Fenrisian Wolves are kind of a grey area in the rules and the updated FAQ.

a.) Are fenrisian wolves meant to be able to be taken as a casualty (or wound) in place of a model that's already failed a save? Effectively, does this mean that wolves for an IC would function as a sort of extra wounds, still getting his saves and all (basically, does this mean that the wolves would have a sort of 'proxy' 3+ armor save or inv. save, whereby if it is failed, they can be removed in place of the model who failed the save?)?

b.) If this pertains to an IC, does it have to be the last wound that the wolves 'intervene' on (since it says 'and may be removed as casualties in place of the character')? Basically, does the character have be in the process of becoming a casualty (losing his last wound) before the wolves help him and are removed as casualties in his place after he fails his last save?

c.) If a squad of 9 Grey Hunters with an IC who has Fenrisian Wolves comes under fire and is wounded by plasma, what happens?

I.) Mixed armor rules, whereby the majority armor save takes the casualty (The Grey Hunters).

II.) Mixed armor rules, but the SW player can chose the casualty from any model, since there is no armor save against Plasma (AP2).

III.) The majority armor save (power armor) takes the wound, but a Fenrisian Wolf can be removed in its place as a casualty (as per the Fenrisian Wolf rule).

Iron Priest

Elites

Iron Priest and 0-4 Thralls

Iron Priest stats and price

Thrall stats (+10)

Equipment: The Iron Priest is armed with a bolter or bolt pistol, and a thunder hammer. He wears artificer armor (save included above).

Options: The Iron priest may be given equipment allowed from the Space Wolves armory.

Any number of Thralls may be armed with close combat implants (which count as a power weapon and add +1 attack to their profile), at +10 points each, however, this system of implants prevents them from assisting the Iron Priest with any repairs he attempts.

Special Rules

Independent Character: As per main WH40k rulebook (BBB), unless he is accompanied in battle by a thrall Bodyguard, in which case, they form a mini-unit as per Fenrisian Wolves. However, they do not run along with an Iron Priest on a bike, nor are they allowed to be taken as casualties in place of other models (Mixed armor rules apply), nor will thralls drag the Iron Priest to safety if he is slain.

True Grit: As per Codex: Space Wolves.

Thrall Bodyguard: In each Great Company there are many tasks...*fluff goes here* To represent...*blah blah*...If the Iron Priest is killed then his Thralls will deactivate and are removed also. If the Iron Priest with Thralls joins a squad with a transport, each thrall counts as a single power-armored marine for determining transport capacity (Example: An Iron Priest and three thralls may join a squad of six Grey Hunters in a rhino).

If the Iron Priest is equipped with a Servo arm, the thralls can assist the Iron Priest with repairs (assuming they don't have the close combat implants). As such, each living Thrall will improve the Iron Priest's repair roll by +1 (1 thrall will make the servo-arm repair on a 5+, 2 is a 4+, etc.).

Servo Arm: This allows the Iron Priest to repair damaged vehicles. He may purchase it at a cost of 15 points from the armory. On a roll of 6+ (which can be improved with non-close-combat-implant thralls), he can repair either a 'weapon destroyed' or 'immobilized' result on a damaged vehicle. He can only fix one damage result at a time though, and only gets one roll per turn on a single vehicle. Also, the servo arm allows a single extra attack in close combat that hits on a 4+ as a powerfist.

1.) Where Iron Priests meant to have Signums?

2.) All servo arms should be a lot cheaper (15 points was what was worked out).

Wolf Guard Bodyguard

Wolf Guard Bodyguard.....*current 3rd edition Codex SW cost*

Wolf Guard Stats

Squad: A Wolf Guard bodyguard can consist of between 4 to 9 models. It must be assigned to a character that is allowed to have a bodyguard and the character and the bodyguard form a single unit.

Options: Any model may be given equipment from the Space Wolves armory. Wolf Guard Bodyguard start with a Bolter or Bolt Pistol and a Close combat weapon. They lose these if they upgrade to Terminator armor. They are equipped with either a bolt pistol or close combat weapon if given bikes.

Wolf Guard Heavy Weapons: Up to one in three models in the Wolf Guard Bodyguard (rounding fractions up) may be armed with one of the following heavy weapons each. Power armored models armed with heavy weapons may not use any other weapons and cannot ride bikes. Terminators may take a single-handed weapon in addition to their heavy weapon (or in the case of the Cyclone, they may take a Storm Bolter, as per the Cyclone rules). All heavy weapons count as 'two-handed weapons' with regard to the other options allowed from the armory.

Terminator Heavy Weapons (may only be taken by a Wolf Guard in Terminator armor):

*weapon options and costs go here*

Power armor Heavy Weapons (may only be taken by a Wolf Guard in Power armor):

*weapon options and costs go here*

Transport Vehicles: A Wolf Guard Bodyguard...Wolf Guards in Terminator armor may only ride in a Land Raider...all fit into the vehicle (as per Wolf Guard Transport entry in Codex: SW).

Bikes: A bodyguard assigned to a character riding a bike must ride Space Marine bikes at +15 pts per model. Note that Space Marine bikes may not be used by models in Terminator armor and that models on bikes may not ride in transport vehicles.

Special Rules

True Grit: As per Codex: Space Wolves.

War council: The Wolf Guard Bodyguard for a Wolf Lord may be designated a 'War council' (representing his most trusted advisors and friends). As such, they may be used to take up one of the prerequisite HQ slots (In a 1000 point game, you may, for example, field the Wolf Lord and his War council to fill both HQ slots, or you may choose to keep the Bodyguard as simply that, allowing another HQ to be purchased). The Wolf Guard of the War Council still count as Wolf Guard (and hence still occupy an Elite slot, as well as counting towards the 0-20 limit) as well as being an HQ choice. They deploy as elites with the Wolf Lord.

'With our very lives!': A Wolf Guard Bodyguard is assigned to a character to protect him from anything that wishes to do him harm. They will go as far as to sacrifice themselves to protect their leader. A Character protected by a Wolf Guard Bodyguard does not count as a Independent Character when having close combat attacks assigned to the pack (They're not going to let their Lord be taken out by some lowly powerfist-wielding loony if they can help it!). As such, the bodyguard fights as a normal squad. An enemy Independent Character can still single out the IC and allocate attacks as per normal, as no self-respecting Space Wolf would shrink from a challenge!

Of course, the Bodyguard can't be everywhere at once, so wounds must be allocated evenly as per a normal squad (Every model must be dealt a wound and have it resolved before any one model can be dealt a second wound in the same phase).

1.) 'With our very lives' is a rule that should probably be able to be used by other forces with Retinues that 'protect' an IC (Command Squads, etc.). If it was already intended for use with retinues, then perhaps it should be clarified.

2.) Terminators are expensive for all chapters. If making them cheaper is GW's plan of action to increase their use, then the way to make SW Termies cheaper might be to make Termie armor a 'free' upgrade (of course, they'd still have to purchase weaponry).

3.) Instead of changing a bunch of little things and giving a couple new rules (starting weapons, War Council, and With our very lives), GW could alternately simply drop the price of Wolf Guard Bodyguard to 20 points a piece (keep in mind though, that bikes should still probably be dropped to 15 points a piece).

4.) Were Wolf Guard Bodyguards meant to be able to master-craft their heavy weapons? This seems like more of a Dark Angel type option.

13th Company Revisions

1.) Fenrisian Wolves

a.) Shouldn't take difficult terrain tests (at least, not as the current incarnation of cavalry).

b.) Should benefit from the 13th Co.'s 'Move through cover' rule.

It doesn't matter how GW does it, but simply put, the Wolves, as wild animals, should have both of those things fixed. If they improve 'cavalry' rules, that's fine, if they simply make them infantry who move 6 and assault 12, that's fine too.

2.) A suggestion along the lines of multiple armies of similar build in the same book, Space Wolves and 13th Co. should be together in the same codex (but separate army lists, of course).

3.) Wulfen Squad Leader (possibly with Rending Claws)?

4.) When 13th Co. are involved in games above 2250 points, they should take a second Force Organization Chart, complete with troops and HQ requirements, correct? Can the two separate forces work with each other (can one Rune Priest teleport the other warband's squads, for example)? Does it matter how many points are allocated to each warband so long as the total is above 2250 (because it'd be hard to draw up a 250 point force for a 2500 point game, for example).

True Grit

1.) We'd like to keep True Grit as is, if possible, and keep the ability to use it with Combi-weapons. It adds a neat way of doing things in the SW army, and I don't believe it's overpowered (it makes for the neat terminator options that normally just aren't used, but at a price. It simply makes for useful individuality). We mention this because of the rumored 'standardization' of True Grit, and between the Grey Knight version, our version, and the chaos version, we'd hope that each army still maintains it's own individual 'True Grit' style. Perhaps you could simply rename the other rules? Bottom line is, we like our version of True Grit as is (a lot), and we'd like to keep it that way, if possible.

Dreadnaught Damage Table

We thought Dreadnaughts were too easy to take out (or at least disable), so we made up a seperate damage table for them complete with 'softer' damage results (results which could see some use for the plain vehicle damage tables, although mobility damage should probably just be straight-on immobilization for vehicles).

The only thing to watch for (and possibly play-test) would be a Venerable Dreadnaught (and to a lesser extent, Bjorn the Fell-Handed, if you chose to include him), as they'd become a good amount tougher with these rules (and we haven't had a chance to playtest them, honestly).

Glancing

1.) No effect

2.) Crew Shaken

3.) Crew Stunned

4.) Mobility Damage (Subtract d3 from the Dreadnaughts movement and assault for the rest of the game, is cumulative with previous mobility damage results. If the Dreadnaught is reduced to no movement, it is immobilized).

5.) Weapon Damage (Weapon is knocked offline, disabled, ammo feed jammed, etc. Roll a d6. On a 4+, the weapon is destroyed, otherwise, the weapon simply cannot fire in the next shooting phase while the Dreadnaught struggles to get it working again).

6.) Crippled: The Dreadnaught suffers both a Weapon Damage and Mobility Damage result (along with the damage rolls they entail), and counts as Crew Stunned.

Penetrating

1.) Crew Shaken

2.) Mobility Damage (as above)

3.) Weapon Damage (as above)

4.) Crippled (as above)

5.) Destroyed

6.) Destroyed, d6 inch explosion

a.) If these rules were to be used for vehicles, then a 6 on the glancing, and 4-6 on the penetrating should cause any embarked troops to disembark and take a pinning test.

b.) The Dreadnaught Damage Table is meant for all Dreadnaughts (Not Defilers though, those things aren't really dreadnaughts and they'd be hella mean like this).

Wargear

1.) Drop Termie armor to 10 points for a SW IC.

2.) Healing Potion revision. (Reason: This will increase the usefulness of a 25 point upgrade and help to make units like termies more survivable in the face of copious AP2 weaponry). Basically, the suggestion is that Healing Potions and Balms should work like a guard medkit, useful even against stuff like (for us marines) plasma weaponry. Honestly though, this is how we'd like to see all the Medkit/Healing Potions/Narthecium variants work.

3.) Bikes dropped to 15 points for Wolf Guard, and 25 points for IC's. (Reason: Wolf Guard are bikes are far too expensive (never seen on the battlefield), and Chaos IC's get bikes that add +1 attack for 30 points). Since there is no particularly apparent reason why the Chaos bike is cheaper and adds an attack, we assume that it's going to be a trend with bikes in general (Trust me, it's not meant as a case of 'codex envy').

4.) Wolf Totem dropped to 10, Wolf Helm to 30, and Great Company Banner to 40 (Reason: They are never used by the majority of players, and the Wolf Totem is kind of useless currently, since we'll usually win combat against those who we want combat with, and we'll lose it against those that are more dedicated (and hence, those would be the ones we'd want to break with and shoot). Besides, the other reason why holy relics in general should be cheaper is that they're carried by characters who are devastating by themselves in assault. The attacks you loose by having them stand still and wave the relic around could very well be more damaging than the additional attacks granted by the relic itself.

5.) Are Space Wolf terminators meant to be unable to master-craft any of their weapons (there's no 't')?

Special Characters

1.) Bjorn the Fell-Handed

Venerable Dreadnaught Bjorn may only take the field in games of 2000 points or more. Bjorn counts as a Venerable Dreadnaught (thusly, Bjorn may not be taken with another Ven. Dread in the same army) and as an HQ.

AV: Front - 12, Sides - 12, Rear -10

WS: 5

BS: 5

Str: 6(10)

I: 4

A: 4

Weapons: Windreaper-pattern Assault Cannon, Winter Claw

Cost: 260 pts.

Upgrades: Extra Armor, Smoke Launchers, Searchlight

Special Rules

'Windreaper'-pattern Assault Cannon: Bjorn's Assault Cannon was one of the first of it's kind to be crafted following the Horus Heresy. The secrets of it's manufacture are forever lost, and because of it's complexity, it was deemed too difficult to mass-produce by the Adeptus Mechanicus. However, it's experimental design makes it far superior to a normal Assault Cannon, firing many more shots, and having almost no chance of jamming. It is represented by the following profile.

Str. 6 AP 4 Range: 24" Heavy 3+D3

Jamming: When three or more '1's are rolled 'to-hit' with the Windreaper-pattern Assault Cannon, it is jammed for a turn while Bjorn cycles the action to clear the jam (unable to fire for the next shooting phase).

Winter Claw: Bjorn's Dreadnaught armor is fitted with the Winter Claw, a massive version of his favored weapon in life, the lightning claw. This counts as a Dreadnaught close combat weapon (double strength up to a maximum of 10), and a single master-crafted lightning claw (re-roll one missed roll to hit, and any failed to wound rolls each turn). It also includes an underslung heavy

flamer.

Old and Wise: As per Codex: Space Wolves.

Hard to kill: As per Codex: Space Wolves.

Inspiring Presence: Bjorn hails from the days of the Great Crusade, and walked under the same skies as the Emperor and Leman Russ himself! Such ancient dedication is an inspiration to all Space Wolves. Therefore, every SW squad with a member within 6" of Bjorn is Fearless, and automatically passes all Morale and Pinning tests they are required to make.

Determination: Bjorn is neigh-unstoppable, a testament to a lost age of technology involving multilevel cross-system redundancies and auto-release nanite repair drones. As such, he ignores the first 'destroyed' result, after his 'Hard to Kill' roll (and re-roll) have been made (and failed). He counts as shaken instead.

Haze of Ages: At that start of each turn Bjorn is in play, roll a d6. On a roll of '1', Bjorn is overcome with memories and finds it hard to focus and determine reality from dream. He moves as though in difficult terrain (if already in difficult terrain, subtract one dice from the number of dice he rolls, to a minimum of one), and fires as though under the rules of 'Nightfight'. Note that this allows him to use his enhanced senses to re-roll the distance he can see through the haze of his past (he can use the clues his senses give him to determine what's real and what's not), but his searchlight will not help him. If already under Nightfight rules, halve the distance rolled (rounding down) for how far he can see.

---------------------------------------------------

2.) Wolf Priest Sternhammer, Warden of the Lost (Retyped from the Games Day Canada 2003 Program)

(Content is

Archived