Wip Dark Apostle

greenstuff

Not sure if it's the angle but that pose is killing the model. We can only see it straight on so you're the best judge. Looks to me like the right knee is way too up and out to flow well with your left leg. The torso is back too but I don't know if that'd be fixed with the left leg in place. If you have to chop the right leg and reposition it... do it. With this much work and detail it's worth being perfect. If the legs look silly then that's all people are going to see and most of your hard work will be passed by. I do tons of conversion work so I appreciate your efforts, and I know it's really hard to take a step back and feel like you're losing progress but sometimes that's what you need to do.

I see what you mean. I took some more pics, with the leg in a slightly different position, how does this seem?

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i158/Midnight_Emo_In_Pink/Conversions/Dark%20Apostle/Darkapostle20.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i158/Midnight_Emo_In_Pink/Conversions/Dark%20Apostle/Darkapostle21.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i158/Midnight_Emo_In_Pink/Conversions/Dark%20Apostle/Darkapostle22.jpg

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i158/Midnight_Emo_In_Pink/Conversions/Dark%20Apostle/Darkapostle23.jpg

Greenstuff

I'm assuming you've got that right leg pinned down already? If you could leave the right foot touching down where it is and pull the whole body up and forward toward the left leg you'd get a much better pose. The right leg would seem more like he's stepping up off of it and onto the left with his weight more visually balanced across his middle. Good improvement though and he'd be fine as show him there.

Just spin him spin him every time you make a pose change and be sure the result is what you're going for =) I also find it helps to stand in a pose, even if you don't have a full mirror, look down and your legs and think "Ok my knee is going out at this angle to my foot, oh my other foot is pointing this way, I thought it would go that way" That sort of thing helps a lot.

I agree with -Q-'s sentiments here. Its definitely looking great now, but a few more tweaks would really solidify your pose I think. His weight balance looks like hes ready to spring backwards into the air, which is probably not what your first thought was when putting him together. Little nitpicks aside, after skimming over this thread a few days ago and now coming back to what you've got here...I'm very impressed and excited to see where you take this. Nice work.

Bring the poit of teh weapon (chainsword at the moment) a bit foward and it will fix his balance and make him look as though he is about to charge foward. Otherwise, a good job so far.

-Adam

I personally would also advise you to move the torso towards the bent leg, to make him look more balanced and stable. And the sword is perhaps at a strange slant. In that position, the weight of the weapon strains your wrist backwards, which is an unnatural and uncomfortable way to hold a sword for any long period of time. Since you are aiming for a position assumed to give him stability (with the legs spread wide), it would seem like the sword should be in a more natural poistion, since the position he is in suggests there would have been time to adjust the position of the sword.

Have you had any progress lately?

The pose looks kinda weird now, as in the pic the guy is standing in a downhill position, so you'd sorta have to replicate the hill on the base proper to get it working. The legs are the hardest part of the conversion IMO, and will also define how close to the picture you get, since the pose is very dependant on 'em. Othervise I think it looks really good, gonna watch with intrest how you get the legs working.

Cheers

Archived