Pre Heresy Marines..(pics)

that 1k son looks great!! i would assume that you drew inspiration from the HH artbooks for him? I have the first one and I am just dying to make the Custodes Lord from the pic. It reminds me a CMON entry I saw a while back. A guy made Ahriman from a Corteaz mini and it looked fantastic. Again, good job.

I've always wanted to do an entire pre-heresy TS army and actually one that lookewd almost exactly like that.... cept true-scale (yeah I'm crazy).

What did you use for the blade?

The blade is from the Tomb King sprue - the champions arm

Well just a quick WIP update....

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/LLV/PICT1876.jpg

Ive also started building a PreHeresy Deathguard model...more on this once the above guy is finished.

Lastly Ive had a few questions on other forums what vehicles/squad members will look like...

Well it is just a one off at the moment (inbetween me painting P-H Worldeaters..)

but if someone REALLY likes what they see and would like to own an army of these guys im open for comission offers(just pm me...)

That's a beautiful conversion and the paintjob is coming along really well.

Could you list the bits you used for the weapon? :D

Tombking Champion blade

Dwarf Thunderer banner pole (cut above and below hand)

SM chainsword hand with chainsword removed

Well...

I decided to hold off from posting my Thousand son until he is 100% complete(more of a 'shock' factor..) he's not far off but as I mentioned in my last post I have been working on modeling a Pre-Heresy Deathguard Marine...

So without further ado....

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/LLV/PICT1880.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/LLV/PICT1881.jpg

And his backpack...

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/LLV/PICT1882.jpg

Just some 'notes'..

he will have 'layered' armour shoulder guards(bit like company champions) to match the greaves

Also I might change the shortsword to a combat knife...

Thoughts/comments appreciated!

EE

WOW i mean just effing WOW!!!!!

both of em are fantastic - the 1K son is brilliant - love the eyemark youve done - as well as the amazing conversion!

but well the Death Guard Boy - HE ISH FAAT!!!!! REAL FAAT!!!!

in a PH phat kinda way of course... :D

a very happy lee....

im lovin it lovin it lovin it...

I like the bolter.

Consider it stolen ;)

LOL - no worries.Glad you like it!

To make it just carefully remove the ammo clip and then cut off/file down the foregrip leaving just the 'front bit' - oh and save the handle too...

Then remove the detail from top of the bolter and attach the ammo feed here.

Get your self a marine arm and attach the bolter 'upside down' - fill the gaps with GS.

lastly add the handle to the top of the marines hand to suggest a 'grip'/firing mechanism...

Great for showing 'Trust your Battle Brothers'/'True Grit' skills

That's a beautiful conversion and the paintjob is coming along really well.

Could you list the bits you used for the weapon? :angry:

Tombking Champion blade

Dwarf Thunderer banner pole (cut above and below hand)

SM chainsword hand with chainsword removed

Now where did I put those glasses.

Doh, you already said as much in the post before mine.

Thanks for answering again. :D

Now that ive noticed it, the grip for the underslung bolter is facing the wrong way :D

I know...

Believe it or not I did it on purpose...It just didnt look 'right' the other way...(dont ask me why)

So artistic license again...

One slight bit of critique.

Since you have modified the bolter, you should chop the magazine of, and place it in a more logical place, such as beneath the ejection port.

Besides, it adds an almost bull pup style to it, which is ultra sexy, for a gun.

Loving all this PH stuff. I didn't know so many other people were as into it as myself. Most of the Hobbyists I know are young `uns and don't really 'get' the older stuff.

I'm puzzling over in my mind how to create the DeathGuard Assault marine pictured I believe in the 3rd Horus Heresy book. It's easily my favourite marine of all time. I'll be following along to see how you make your Death Guard as I don't know where to begin. My second fav would be the depiction of the Thousands Sons before they got turned into automotons. They are just so characterful and champion like. The shape of the eyes even seems kinda sad or meloncholic as if they know what's in store for them.

Never could get my head around blue and white World Eaters though. The picture of th WE scout with a sniper rifle and goggles just looks so strange.

Anyways, I guess this is all building up to a pre heresy Dred which would be nice to see. I've got an old (early 90's?) style metal dred sitting in some pine sol so perhaps that will be it.

Archived