Some Salamander pics

MuteAssassin

Here are a few pics I made while BnC was down. Sorry for the crappy quality, I'm new to digital photography. CnC is most welcome!

med_gallery_9640_579_21026.jpg

He talks. I added a vox from a Teen titan toy Cyborg. So everytime I get a rend i push a button and he says "BOOYAH"

gallery_9640_579_35036.jpg

One of my rhinos. Still needs weathering and some iconography.

gallery_9640_579_24363.jpg

My 2nd tactical squad of my 3rd salamanders company. Still some work (same as rhino plus needs barrels drilled still).

med_gallery_9640_579_75098.jpg

A close up of my 2nd squad sergeant. All my sergeants will have gold vents and details and promethium cult iconography.

MA

Very nice looking Sals you have there. Can't wait to see more of them!

Picture wise it would help to get a stable platform when taking the pics. Put the camera on a book or other flat object in front of the model you want to photo. Also, 2 to 3 light sources will make for better lighting and help show your work off better.

He talks. I added a vox from a Teen titan toy Cyborg. So everytime I get a rend i push a button and he says "BOOYAH"

that's priceless! :D

Great looking army. those are some neat flames... :tu:

Where did you get that dreadhammer from?

very nice all round, nice sharp haighlights and the flames are actually the right way around :) well done!

however, some critique for you. how about instead of a power fist holding a hammer, model the hammer straight into the arm, like a drum pedal with smacky action, that would look heaps better

DOM ;)

Thanks for all the kind words.

My only quibble? grab a 1/32 or somesuch drill bit and DRILL YOUR BOLTER BARRELS!
Well, as I said:

My 2nd tactical squad of my 3rd salamanders company. Still some work (same as rhino plus needs barrels drilled still).

So yeah I'm aware of that deficiency :)

I'm currently working on PVC style drop pods with the same flames as the rhino. I'll post some pics of them and other models in the future (I'm moving so it will probably be amonth before they are finished).

Thanks again!

Looks very nice. I like the vox option for the dread!!!

oh, and

Astaroth's Digi-Cam 101

Step 1: Find your little selector wheel or button, and find the little flower, or "Macro" option.

Step 2: To focus your camera, hold the button that takes your pic a little way down, it should auto-focus.

Step 3: When you get a good focus, push the button all the way in. Be careful not to shake it lest you get a blurry picture.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived