Dragon claws marine.

Havock

still a "held together by putty-wip"

http://members.lycos.nl/durandalarw/40k/DCbladeswip.JPG

I'm not that great with greenstuff yet, but if I can get this working a little, my entire assault marine colelction will feature bare arms with plasticard bone-blades instead of "marine arms with plasticard blades glued on"

Couple of things. First, I like the look, looks good so far, most of my criticisms are minor.

1. He looks like he's leaning a bit too far back, if he isn't careful, he'll fall over. A marine can't kill things very well if he's sat on his arse. :P

2. If I remember Black Dragons correctly, the elbow blades are generally shown pointing forwards....I think. More like if they brought there armour up to hit a person with their elbows, the blades would stab the opponent as opposed to the cutting postion you have them in. However, they are your minis so it is solely your choice. I think anyone would recognise them as black dragons as they are, but I was just letting you know. :wink:

3. You could consider one of the swords being held properly in the marine's hand. From a practical point of view, holding both the swords in that manner to attack someone with would pretty much render the elbow blades useless. Follow? And I think that without power armour assistance to his arms, carrying two big swords around like that would be a hinderence for the marine.

Like I said, minor criticisms, nitpicking really. Post them finished and painted results. :):)

Couple of things. First, I like the look, looks good so far, most of my criticisms are minor.

1. He looks like he's leaning a bit too far back, if he isn't careful, he'll fall over. A marine can't kill things very well if he's sat on his arse. :P

Yeah, but that's not a real point as it's still held by putty, I corrected it already, slightly leaning forward.

Gives him a "why you little...."-look.

2. If I remember Black Dragons correctly, the elbow blades are generally shown pointing forwards....I think. More like if they brought there armour up to hit a person with their elbows, the blades would stab the opponent as opposed to the cutting postion you have them in. However, they are your minis so it is solely your choice. I think anyone would recognise them as black dragons as they are, but I was just letting you know. :)
I think the backward position look better, aesthetics ;)

3. You could consider one of the swords being held properly in the marine's hand. From a practical point of view, holding both the swords in that manner to attack someone with would pretty much render the elbow blades useless. Follow? And I think that without power armour assistance to his arms, carrying two big swords around like that would be a hinderence for the marine.

Only one sword is unsheathed, the other is still in the scabbard on his side.

And not really, considering marines are extremely expensive and manly enough to manpack heavy bolters around :P

Like I said, minor criticisms, nitpicking really. Post them finished and painted results. :P:)

Thanks, and will do :)

The idea is not a full-blown combat pose, but a "second before combat pose", first and foremost the priority is/was to have a dynamic feel to it.

it doesn't take much more than a quick wrist-spn to change the holding of the sword.

Would it be cool to add a scabbard to the arm-blade on the right arm? so it's wrapped around the arm but uses the blade as a secure point?

And vulkus: they oughta be nice and big, they are marines after all, EVERYTHING is big. :wink:

For some reason, people model them with bare arms to compensate for the blades - as if the armour would not fit because of them.

Keep in mind that each suit is carefully adapted to its wearer and can be easily modified for these....mutations. So you don't have to go with bare arms if you don't want to (and it would be cheaper also).

The blades could go either way...it is a mutation after all. I tend to like them facing forward (and substatially smaller), but that IMO.

Please. No Rhino horns!

Finally, post some pics when you get a few put together.

Nice job with the elbow blades :huh: My only crit is that the blades are facing the wrong way. At least if you look at the other BD models already made. However, theyre your minis :D

-Kaldoth

I'm a tremendous fan of thebackward pointing blades, reminds me of the (hate to admit it) nemesis enforcer from GI joe.

some half decent images here http://www.comicbookbin.com/cobrala.html

I like the idea that a marine could attack with a hand held weapon and follow through with the claws

it might even be cool to look into real life dermal bone conditions, they might be more cancerous and unattractive

PS sooooo happy the boards back!!!

or from person to person ;)

And Bannus, I too hate the head-horns, but I just wanted to try out bare arms.

Though I can agree on the "adapt the suit to the bearer" idea, normal suit-with-blades look more like the blades are added to the suit instead of growing out of someones arm.

I'll finish him and paint him up, I'll then decide what I want. Hell, might as well mix & match.

Not a bad looking conversion. I have question though, Where the heck did you get the plastic studded shoulder pad. I have seen this thing showing up all over the place lately.

Though I can agree on the "adapt the suit to the bearer" idea, normal suit-with-blades look more like the blades are added to the suit instead of growing out of someones arm.

Remember that according to the Black Dragons' official fluff, the blades are coated in adamantium:

Known as the Dragon Claws, they sharpen these additional protrusions to a killing edge, and sheath them in adamantium to turn them into deadly close combat weapons.

I think that they should come from armoured arms.

Archived