"Do it yourself" Wolf Scout(-s)

Very nice work, Wolf Lord D. I'm surprised how well the marauder arms worked out. I'm already dying to see the scout who gets the marauder sword arm I spotted in your bits pile. The sniper rifle is also a nice touch, but I think it would look better with a longer barrel and a silencer attached. I'm sure you remember a certain technique to build those :ph34r:

The only thing that bugs me are the kroot shoulder pads. They look too "low-tech" for me, but that can probably be fixed with a good paintjob.

Looking good WLD! I think non-powered upper legs would be better, but I understand the shyness when you are not GS savvy. I'm having the same difficulty with my wolf scout legs. I love everything else though. I think you sould GS some hair tho. Hair is not as difficult as doing the legs.

Good Wolf scouts there. You've made something far better than the lazy head swap conversions that were on the last UK WD. The space wolf heads on scout bodies were completely disproportionate in that example, your alternative is so much better.

Personally though, I would have used non power armoured legs, because to me the very heavily armoured legs look a bit out of place on a scout model. However, that said, it must be very satisfying to have a leg part that you don't need to modify in the least.

How are you GS skills by the way, because maybe the scouts could do with some hair. Just a thought.

The Kroot Pads look fine I think. Great flat surfaces which will lend themselves well to painting.

The modified lasgun/bolter rifles look cool. Maybe with a straight mag they'd look like a pretty hefty combat shotgun.

Nice work, AND their poses are more dynamic than the plastic scout ones.

@ Warboss Nick, Maybe I could send over my Wolf Scouts to give your Kommandos a lession in explosives then... :unsure:

;)

I picked up one of my Catachan-pattern lasguns and will try to make a silenced sniper rifle. Just need to find a suitable bi-pod for it and I should be fine. Those Forge World bitz for Elysians or maybe a cut-down Scout heavy bolter bi-pod..?

And one member might get a crossbow or bow, I found some cool Mordheim bitz I might use. Does that sound stupid..?

@ StratoKhan, thanks! :devil: I might try some GreenStuff work when I

Mmmm, gonna have to steal that "bedroll" for my wolf scouts :unsure:

I don't think he looks too busy. I think wolf scouts would have more "stuff" since they operate behind enemy lines for years. They have to stay well equipped.

Archived