'Ferrus Manus'

Salutations brothers...

Today i bring you yet another of the illustrations i made while the B&C was down; this time, the figure depicted is that of Ferrus Manus, the Iron Hands' Primarch. With this piece i wanted to concentrate particularly on the aftermath of his battle with a (supposedly) C'Tan back in Medusa, where he got his 'iron hands'. I like the overall image, and i used for this one, only shades of orange and yellows as a colour.

Hope you enjoy it.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d61/aerion_the_faithful/FerrusManus.jpg

C&C are most welcome.

Until soon

Aerion the Faithful

Most stylish and inspiring piece! Most excellent! I'm no artist so I can't offer constructive criticism in the field of drawings. I am however qualified to say it kicks :) , I really like your style!

If you're looking for ideas, how about doing Perturabo next?

Keep producing these cool pieces, and make an album!

Boltman

Very nice.

If I had to give some crit, which i don't really want to do, but will anyway, I would ponder whether the extra slice of his left cheek really adds anything to the pic?

IMHO, his left wrist could do with a tad more definition,..or something. Also, the chest muscles are throwing me off. Too square?

Excuse any pickyness, I'm trying to improve my own drawing atm, so am probably picking these things up. (Or am trying to. In my own stuff at least.) Of course, I could be completely off.

While not a fan of that particular art style, the picture is drawn and colored well. Including the light sourcing as can be most easily seen in the leg area. I think I'd have give the charactor more mechanical arms, having taken them from the C'Tan or whatever necron Ferrus took them from. But, that's merely my opinion, and as such feel free to disreguard at will.

Rymeer

Wow lovely :unsure: I remeber I saw your previous art of Lion'el and that blew me away. However my only gripe with his drawing is the Primarch's face looks too... human? I mean they are super-human and demi-gods and I always pictured them to look a bit unnatraul when compared to a normal human.

Then again how the drawing is done it reminds me comic heroes. Great work can't wait to see more

With this piece i wanted to concentrate particularly on the aftermath of his battle with a (supposedly) C'Tan back in Medusa, where he got his 'iron hands'. I like the overall image, and i used for this one, only shades of orange and yellows as a colour.

Hmm most likely the Ctan amputitaed his arms off or something :unsure: however the novel Nightbringer gives you more info on how one would get Ironhands. Great read too

i love your style mate!

i can't wait to see Mortarion (perhaps you could depict him battling his 'father' on Barbarus on the acid fog mountains] :unsure:

anywho, you've really got yourself a great talent, and thanks for sharing it with us!

N.S.

Thank you for your support brothers! I'm really happy that you liked this one. It was actually the first Primarch that i did, and still one of the best.

For those who asked: Ferrus gained his 'necrodermis' fighting witha C'Tan on the fires of a volcano. He submerged his arms choking the beast on the fire of the volcano, and while the creature disintegrated, part of its skin fused with the arms of Ferrus. That's why i pictured them as being more like a 'metal skin' rather than bionics.

All critiscism is accepted and taken into consideration, so don't fear to say what you think, even if it is 'i don't like it'. As to the style: i know it isn't what most people are used to in W40K, but it's original, and gives a fresh look on the characters we all know and like. AngelSaphire mentioned that he thought i made the Primarchs look too human; well, that's actually on purpose. My take on this universe is exactly that one: to try and show a more human side than the actual 'hero of legend' thing we're used to. Demi-gods, or Gods themselves, the Primarchs still failed like normal human beings, and that's what makes the characters even more real.

I'm planning on doing more Primarchs as soon as i have time, so expect new pieces to come soon.

Until then, keep those comments coming brothers!

Aerion the Faithful

:unsure: Lovely jubbly. Always nice to see other interpretations of the warhammer universe besides 'ye old gothic style.

Very refreshing and funky :wacko:

So... when are you going to do mortarion?

Mortarion is one Primarch i've been asked to do a lot; the problem is just that i haven't figured out his design yet. But i will illustrate him in time.

Keep your eyes open, brothers, because the next Primarch is a fallen one... :unsure:

Until soon

Aerion the Faithful

Archived