'Ferrus Manus'

It's Samurai Jack!

I've been thinking the same thing for a while now.

On a more on topic note, it looks really well done, as do all the Primarchs that you've done.

I really like your style.. It has been mentionned before but it looks like the animated "Clone Wars" series which I really liked (drawing-wise anyways).

I hope you will portray Horus with inspiration coming from one of the original art pieces featured in "Realm of Chaos: The Lost and the Damned". The original drawing of the confrontation between Horus and the Emperor (in black & white). It is this drawing that got me hooked with Warhammer 40K...

Anyways, once again, this is incredible work and keep them coming :unsure:

Dracul.

Beautiful Aerion! Can't wait for the other Primarchs. Are you and FreakForge going to do any more comics? I love your style, too. Should do Perturabo, I'd like to see what Forgebreaker would look like according to you.

Mortarion is one Primarch i've been asked to do a lot; the problem is just that i haven't figured out his design yet.
There are some good images of GW's version to be found with a google image search :P (just to get you started)

A very nice piece of artwork there, very well drawn :P I would have to say I'm not a total fan of the style, especially the face, it's all too pointy for my taste. That said, very good artwork ;)

Ferrata

Are you and FreakForge going to do any more comics?

Who knows? Perhaps in some time now... Thanks for the enthusiasm!

There are some good images of GW's version to be found with a google image search :wacko: (just to get you started)

That's just the problem, Tubal. I'm trying mostly to rely on the descriptions of the Primarchs to come up with an image of them 'untainted' by any existing illustration (even if they are as good as all the ones published already). And the fact is i have seen the Mortarion desings out there, and they are really well done; i specially like the Adrian Smith depiction of this Primarch. So, it is still a little hard for me to do 'my own design' without thinking about others'. But in time it will come to me, i'm sure...

Thanks again to everyone who bothered to take a look in here. Soon, i'll have more stuff, i promise...

Until then

Aerion the Faithful

I love your style. I missed some of your works so I'm glad you put a linky in your sig :) Keep'em coming! Wish I never laid down the pencil and paper.

Would love to see one of Russ! :D

I'm trying mostly to rely on the descriptions of the Primarchs to come up with an image of them 'untainted' by any existing illustration (even if they are as good as all the ones published already).
Ok, good point. For Mortarion you could (as someone mentioned) go for his pre-discovery days when he slew his daemonic (maybe?) foster father wearing a home-made survival suit. I know I haven't seen any artwork of that! :D

The event is described in the Death Guard IA.

Ok, good point. For Mortarion you could (as someone mentioned) go for his pre-discovery days when he slew his daemonic (maybe?) foster father wearing a home-made survival suit. I know I haven't seen any artwork of that! :rolleyes:

The event is described in the Death Guard IA.

I've read the background on the Death Guard and most particularly on Mortarion, and there are some really good scenes about him, like the one you mentiond. I'm going to put my brain into working mode, to see if i can get a flash of inspiration on the putrid Lord.

A superhuman wearing old WWI-style gas mask and tunic? Interesting.

Wouldn't that just be a superhuman 'Death Korp of Krieg'? :rolleyes:

ive been watching these drawings of yours and i like the style. although, im curious, why do none of them have skin tone?
As he's mentioned in a few of the other topics the limited palette doesn't really allow for a skin colour.

Answered! :rolleyes: (thanks Tubal!)

Until soon

Aerion the Faithful

Most stylish and inspiring piece! Most excellent! I'm no artist so I can't offer constructive criticism in the field of drawings. I am however qualified to say it kicks :rolleyes: , I really like your style!

If you're looking for ideas, how about doing Perturabo next?

Keep producing these cool pieces, and make an album!

Boltman

Indeed. I would most definetly reccomend Perturabo. A shot of him with Siegebreaker, or maybe planning out a strategy. Great work on the drawing, I will definetly look forward to your next work.

Great picture! The thing I like most about it is they way in which you're not sure whether Manus thinks his 'new arms' are a good thing or bad thing... :)

Your style does remind me of Gendy Tartakovsky (or however you spell it - you know, the guy who did Dexter's Lab/Sam. Jack/Clone Wars!), which is meant as a compliment, as I very much dig his stuff - I thought Clone Wars was very well done. It shares that stylised-yet ultimately human kind of feel his work has.

Looking forward to your next one - can I put on request for the Iron Warriors and Raven Guard's Primarchs? B)

Archived