What I did while B&C was down

ardyer

Here is what I worked on while B&C was down. She made first cut at GD Atlanta. Any critiques (other than the blending on her cape :lol: )?

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c49/ardyer/Witch%20Hunters%20Album/StCelestine.jpg

Very funky and grats on the first cut. I think the sword could have done with something though as it looks a tad drab. Not that I could have done any better mind you :lol:

Besides the blending on the cape, I think the blending on the armour too could have used a bit of work. :( It looks in some places like you only used 2 colours (e.g: the feet) and the transition, while good, looks a bit, abrupt. I could say a similar sort of thing about the fleshtones. (like on the face and the left cherub thing's arm) It just seems like they could use an extra couple of transitional layers.

I agree with ironloki on the sword, but I also think that the clump of purity seals lack....individuality. B) What i mean is it just looks like a clump of red. I think it would have made a big difference if you had painted some of the parchment on the seals in the white/bone colour they normally are.

And one last thing about the cape, if may just be the pictures, but black on the deep crevices looks like too big a colour contrast. is that black, or just dark purple made to look black by the pictures? :lol:

Other than those few things, it's a very good looking mini. I can certainly see how it got into the first cut. Nice work. :P

And one last thing about the cape, if may just be the pictures, but black on the deep crevices looks like too big a colour contrast. is that black, or just dark purple made to look black by the pictures? :rolleyes:

That is just the pics. I actually had to color correct them as the there was blue cast to everything. When my wife did her photoshop magic (with the model in hand to compare) that was as close as she could get. I wasn't concerned about getting those fixed, as I've already written the cape off as being "wrong" ^_^

Archived