Castigator Chaplain

Cpt_Tiberius

Here is an illustration I did for Molotov's Castigator IA. Let me know what you think...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/Cpt_Tiberius/Castigator_chappy_revised.jpg

(note: Image edited to show corrected chapter badge as well as some color correcting)

I like it ... it looks sweet ... very nicely done ... i especially like that the purity seals look like paper ...

on the chapter symbol tho, isn't the circle around the flexed arm supposed to be a whip that he's holding in his clenched fist ... or did Molotov decide to change it ...

what medium did you use to create this with ?

I think that I wouldn't stay too long staring at this artwork. The Chaplain molotov seems really to prepare for delivering the Emperor Wrath, and you seems really to be the next to take benefit of it.

The rosarius isquite good, but i would have seen an eagle on the chest to remember the imperium.

Very good and impressive job on it, Molotov can be proud.

Goldo

Thanks for the comments guys, I'm glad you liked it.

what medium did you use to create this with ?
Well I draw the illustration in pencil first, then I enlarge it a bit on a copier and ink the lines, then scan it in and color in photoshop.

on the chapter symbol tho, isn't the circle around the flexed arm supposed to be a whip that he's holding in his clenched fist ... or did Molotov decide to change it ...

All I can say about the chapter badge is...D'OH! B)

Actually I was going off of the pther illustraion he had, and you can't make out the right edge of the badge (where the hand grabs the whip) so I will go back in and fix that. Does anyone know if there is a drawing of the complete badge? That would help.

I like it ... it looks sweet ... very nicely done ... i especially like that the purity seals look like paper ...
Thanks! I specifically used different colors on the bone & parchment so that they read as separate materials. Could probably use more differentiation though...

THough I think it may be a tad to OTT for an IA article.

Possibly...ironically I generally draw more relaxed poses (for example the image I drew for the Howling Griffons homepage). But I really wanted to capture the fiery zeal of the chaplain.

Will you make this into a mini?

I would, but frankly I have zero experience converting minis, and my painting skills are sub par at best. So anyone who would like to give it a shot, i'd love to see what you come up with. B)

Thanks again for the replies. This one turned out alot better than I expected. Now I just gotta fix that badge... :)

Hey, Tiberius - I didn't see this thread or I would have replied a LOT earlier.

I really like the image, it'll definately have a home within my IA - though it's very different from anything I could have imagined. It's very menacing, which totally fits with the imagery I have for the Castigators. I love it. :devil:

With regards to the Chapter Badge, here's the best version of it I could find:

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/8848/skorhal0fc.jpg

Yes, before people ask, it is the symbol of the Sons of Korhal from the Starcraft computer game.

Wowza. I love it especially the Gold.

And of course he does requests. He's doing one for me next *waves melta* :devil:

Nah only kidding :D That is very cool and I personally like how more Art work is appearing in the forum. Hope to see more of your work cropping up. (In fact do you have any links to other peices of art you have done? - power armoured of course)

Hey guys!

Thanks for the imput. I know some of you like the all black eyes, which I agree would look very menacing. I chose to have the white flares as a sign of his near psychotic need to punish the corrupt. Image that they are normally all black, but then he spots you and these 2 beedy eyes of hate flash at you as he decides you'd may a good whackin' post to test his shiny crozius. That's kinda what I had in mind. :P

As for other comments...

And of course he does requests. He's doing one for me next *waves melta*
Well possibly, Depends on what you are requesting. If it strikes my fancy I might give it a go. It will probably take me a bit though. My lovely wife has my Mac tied up most of the time with her photography business, so I have to squeeze in digital painting where I can.

Hope to see more of your work cropping up. (In fact do you have any links to other peices of art you have done? - power armoured of course)

Well I generally only draw power armor (I'm kinda obsessed you might say... <_< ) As for other pieces this is the first color piece I have done in awhile, but I have several scetches. Here is another thread of my work if you are interested...

http://bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?showtopic=84407

Molotov - No problem. I'll see if I cant fix that badge for you. I'm glad you liked it. :o

Thanks for the imput. I know some of you like the all black eyes, which I agree would look very menacing. I chose to have the white flares as a sign of his near psychotic need to punish the corrupt. Image that they are normally all black, but then he spots you and these 2 beedy eyes of hate flash at you as he decides you'd may a good whackin' post to test his shiny crozius. That's kinda what I had in mind. :jaw:

That is creepy...

Moribund.

Archived