Black Templar Standard Bearer

Hey all I really need comments on my WIP standard bearer for my MoS command squad! The banner is freehand and I need to know if it is off to a good start. I decide to use some humor and gave each skull a more cartoon style and face instead of a serious and gothic one. Anyway onto the model.

Before starting paint:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/Golden_Palace/MCA/marine2.jpg

Banner:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/Golden_Palace/MCA/banner.jpg

Marine:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/Golden_Palace/MCA/bearer2.jpg

Marine different view:

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b195/Golden_Palace/MCA/bearer.jpg

Peace out guys.

Cheers,

MCA.

is it posible for a close up on the banner? looks okay at this distance but i would like to see theexent of the skulls "emotions"

may i also suggest to re position the left leg to sit better on the pile of sandbags(?), it looks like it will topple over at any time

looking good so far

DM ^_^

Thanks for the comments. The banner is not done, the white may have made it appear like thats all I was doing, but I was just marking some highlights. I'll try and get a close up of the skulls for you guys, my dad got a kick out of them when he looked closely.

Inqisitor Alcyon: I'll do a quick tutorial tonight after school for the chest eagle.

Cheers,

MCA.

Not bad, perhaps a thinned ink/wash over the cross on the banner to take the harshness out of the highlights. The lower half of the cross in is shadow so why are the skulls bright? I'd look at using a shadow effect to tie in the look of the banner icons.

Mouldlines on the bearers chainsword arm stick out like a sore thumbe. I'd agree with going with metallics rather than NMM

:lol:

Very Good for a start and the mini looks cool and good. Just I am not feeling the base..he looks like he's falling off when you put him on solid ground..is he Blue-tac or pinned by any chance MCA? The model seems to be a pretty good improvement from your last minis and I can see promise. Just dont get inspired by another project and dont finish this one now ok? :P

Oh and get on NOW.

Vtraxx Out

Thanks for the comments bro. He was blu-tacked. Now he is off his base so it can be based. I think he might look better when he is raised up abit. I hope to get some new black spray paint today so I can work on the chaplain as well. I have $35 in hand and plan to go to GW today or tomorrow so I shall return with something, just dunno what yet! lol. Anyway, I am not in the location to work at the moment, but I will be there almost all day so that means plenty of work.

Cheers,

MCA.

++EDIT++

Ok, as requested I did a really fast tutorial but I'm going to do a indepth tutorial after I finish the model completely.

Ok well as you can see the model was primed black.

Step one is to paint a nice thin layer of Scorched Brown over the wings and skull.

Next Paint over it lightly with Bestial Brown, leaving some scorched brown showing only at the folds of the wings and the forehead of the skull.

Next apply a very light layer of Bubonic Brown, by this layer you should be working your way out to the tips, so that Bestial Brown should be showing right under the wing above and at the very inside corner of the wings. On the skull highlight with bubonic brown on the very top, the sides, the eyes, nose, and the bottom. The picture you should be able to see where the hightlights were.

For the last step mix up about 50-50 skull white and bubonic brown. This is for the tips of the wings and final highlights.

I'll get a more in depth tutorial soon, with photos for each step. Actually I'll tell you what, I'll work on the today as well as more of this guy.

Archived