The beginnings of an Emperors Children Army (pic heavy)

Ap0k

Ok I'll say it. These are the best EC mini's I've ever seen. The purple and gold are excellent. The only thing I don't care for is your commander. I like the snake body, but the mini seems kinda wimpy compared to the bulkiness of the other marines. It needs something but I'm not sure what. I also don't like the axe, but this more of a personal preference. Anyway, keep up the good work and welcome. :P

^_^ excuse me but there is a thing that I never understand, why the emperor children marines are called noise marines? I can understand why plague marine are called in that way, they are rotten, decaying, sickness bearer, but why noise marine? they also have sonic weapons that I can't real understand :P

Because during 2nd edition GW introduced an archtype for each of the Chaos Powers. WD 144 introduced the Noise Marines as a subcult of Slaanesh.

During the 2nd edition Chaos codex, Noise Marines were introduced as the cult warrior for Chaos (beserkers for Khorne, Plague Marines for Nurgle and 1k Sons for Thousand Sons). Since then, the cults have been associated with these archtypes.

Not all Slaanesh worshippers are "noise" marines, just as not all who worship Tzeentch are "dust". But as GW hasn't been capable of revising the chaos fluff ( a sin), we are stuck with the image of Noise Marines.

You can imagine the Noise marines as one flavor of the possible excess a Slaanesh warrior would be.

:blush: excuse me but there is a thing that I never understand, why the emperor children marines are called noise marines? I can understand why plague marine are called in that way, they are rotten, decaying, sickness bearer, but why noise marine? they also have sonic weapons that I can't real understand :ph34r:

Ah, you see, the EC, like all worshippers to Slaanesh, are very extreme. In a way, you can say that they're perverts. They love all that is extreme, extreme pain, extreme agony, pretty all sensual extreme impressions.

They're not only giving it, they often receive it happily. They enjoy even their own agony.

Noisemarines have sonic weapons which cause extreme, deadly frequenzies. To be a victim of such an attack must be horribly painful (I've been on enough Heavy Metal and Hard Rock concerts to approve that.).

Now, it's generally known that the Noise marines aren't immune to their own weaponry. In fact, they do everything to improve their sensitiveness for acoustic noise to have this sensual impression as extreme as possible.

Yes, that is one of the posisble decadent sins they may peform.

Wow. its great to see another relic boarder over here on the B&C.

I guess you mod the DoW forums or something, which'd explain why i havent seen you around, more of a GD/studio person myself.

anyway, great models man, i espescially like the metallics on the noise marines and i simply can't wait to see the lord done up.

WOW!!!!!!!!! *drools over keyboard* :P

glad to see another sname lover. my Slaaneshi high lord has a snake body as well (admittedly only because the original model kept breaking) and glad to see another person do it (about 1,000,000 times better though).

also liking the noise marins

Chaptermaster 13

Lovely!

DO you have any more pics of those Black Templars?? I'd love to see some :devil:

'Fraid not migs, it was built and painted as a Christmas gift for a friend of mine who started collecting Templars around then. It's pretty much a one-off. I may build an Emperors Champion at some point, but at the minute I'm mostly concentrating on my Emperors Children. There are some close ups of him in my CMON account though, if you're interested in seeing the other angles.

Holy crap.

When I scrolled down from the title and saw that paintwork it pretty much just blew me away.

THAT is skill right there. The miniatures are stunning. Just the proper air of luxury about them

that EC demand.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, you've got some fantastic models there. Nice paintjob. Very elegant Marines? That's kind of a misnomer, but whatever.

Be sure to use some more WHFB Slaanesh bits in there. The Champion and Lord of Slaanesh are really nice, in particular. (Personally, I think the Slaanesh Lord's head would be cooler than the Templar head you have there. :lol: )

Archived