'Pugni Imperium'

Salutations, brothers...

Today i'm bringing you yet another Primarch; and (as i can't avoid being a true follower of the Emperor :ph34r: ) the figure portrayed is the loyal Imperial Fists' Primarch.

I was a little distracted with other projects and i really wanted to take a breath from all the Emperor's finest, because if not i would've ended up doing a mess of things.

After some time passed since the illustration i did of Fulgrim, i felt my inspiration renewed and i began this piece. Rogal Dorn has always been a favourite of mine, and i planned on collecting Black Templars when i first got involved with Warhammer 40,000. So, it was the first choice that came to mind when i decided to come back to doing Primarchs. You'll notice i used yellow on this one as the main colour, and it's the first time i have drawn Pre-heresy Marines. Pugni Imperium is the latin for Imperial fist. So, all in all, i am very satisfied with this piece, and i hope you will too. Enjoy.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d61/aerion_the_faithful/PugniImperiumII.jpg

C&C are always welcome.

Until soon

Aerion the Faithful

Oh... :huh:

My.... :wub:

Goodness! :ph34r:

Now all I require you to do is skip ahead 10,000 years and draw us all a Blood raven Librarian ;)

I kid (Or do I?) That is IMHO the best one yet! Keep Going!

Fantastic stuff. Certainly my favorite primarch, and i have to agree with others, your best depiction of a primarch yet.

All this brilliant art work on here since the great fall has really inspired me to get some pencil and paper out and see what I can do. Think I'll need a bit of practise before I get near to yourself.

Cheers

Wow, brothers! What a great response so far! All i can say is THANK YOU for the support and the very enthusiastic words about this piece. I'll answer a couple of things...

What technique do you use for colouring btw? Looks nice, tho personally I'm never been a real fan of that style of comic style, which in no way means I don't appreciate your skill, I just don't like the style. :wub:

I'm using markers mostly these days as the great Bruce Timm does. However, 'mixed media' would be the best term to define my style of colour, because there is everything in there: oil pastels, acrylic, watercolour pencils... everything i can get my hands onto for a cool effect.

About the style all i can say is that i really aprecciate your taking the time to compliment my skills, although you are not fond of the style itself. Thanks.

now, wouldnt it be cool if someone did that one as a miniature model?

It wouldn't hurt if someone did :ph34r: ...

All this brilliant art work on here since the great fall has really inspired me to get some pencil and paper out and see what I can do. Think I'll need a bit of practise before I get near to yourself.

It's always a pleasure to inspire fellow artists to go back to the drawing table... I'll be kkeping an eye out for your art :huh:. And thanks for the words.

To everyone else who posted, Thank you! and to those who haven't... what are you waiting for? ;)

Until soon

Aerion the Faithful

PS.. All i can say about the next one is that the predominant colour will be RED...

Like the moustache... I never envisioned Dorn being clean-cut.

Hmm.. any particular brand of markers you use? I bought some prisma-colours a while back, and they're rather tricky to use thus far...

The tribal-y design behind the Imperial Fist is the only real thing I don't care for in the piece... even though he's a primarch is seems very ornate for them. And is that his cape inhis left hand, or...?

Still, however, very fine work as always.

{EDIT} Suppose I cropped Dorn's head, and made it into an Avatar..?

hi there

yet abither good piece of artwork. really good expression again and terefic details. very inspiring although one thing bothers me. I think it's abit messy. the other primarch pictures and most of the sister drawings have been very clean and stylized. easily read and observed but I lack that in this piece. it's a little over detailed and the space marine in the back kinda interferes with the main focus of the drawing.

otherwise great job

Long time admirerer(from warseer) first time poster!

Love everything apart from the facial hair...

I dont know it just doesnt seem - 'right'

Dorn was always portrayed as clean cut IMO....anyway the only let down in my book....

As for next - well id say either The Night Haunter Konrad Kurze or Pertruabo - love to see how youd do the chrome effects...

To everyone else who posted, Thank you! and to those who haven't... what are you waiting for? ^_^
To actually find the topic maybe :D

It's a great piece but I have to agree with Tue__Kaae that it's a bit messier than your other work. I first thought he held the sword in both hands until I noticed the other hand holding up his skirt (or something :D). He would benefit from a more obvious pose or a more 'zoomed out' (feel free to provide the proper term) picture to show more of the rest of the body.

PS.. All i can say about the next one is that the predominant colour will be RED...
Since you've already done Sanguinius...

Archived