Gulliman wip

cormack

Hi all, Anerions art work of the primarchs has gotten me started on a project that I've thought of doing for a loong while, that is making models of each of the Primarchs. The first as you can see is Roboute Gulliman of the Ultra marines, As the Primarchs were some what larger than a normal marine I'm using terminator armour for the limbs and a 'true scaled' body for the torso. At the moment I feel that I need some more detailing on the upper part of the model so I thought I'd ask for ideas and or images from you guys out there anyhow onto the pics c&c welcome and I hope you enjoy.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v369/Cormack/DSCF0393.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v369/Cormack/DSCF0396.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v369/Cormack/DSCF0395.jpg

I realy like the mini, but what makes so many people think, that Gulliman had twin powerfists just like Calgar.

Calgar got them efter beating up a Wordbrearer, NOT of Gulliman.

Else i like the mini and want to see it painted

Calgar got them efter beating up a Wordbrearer, NOT of Gulliman.

Codex space marines states that Guilliman took them from a chaos champion after the Gamalia Reclusiam Massacre.

ok, after reading about the gauntlets of ulthramar, i see you are right. now i'll go into a corner and be ashamed of myselfe ^_^

i am no ultramarines player, so please forgive me my failior, and i do have a bad memory :D

(ok it's qiute hard to get out of this)

back to topic: remodel the exhaust, or whatever it is, on the center of the chesteagle and make it an ultramarine symbole.

besides of that, add some things to his belt, as this area seems quite empty. maybe some grenades and some extra armorplates.

(i hope this can make up my mistake :D )

Maybe adding one of those little shields from the terminator sprue would add some detail. Other than that, you could always add purity seals or a banner or something of that nature, or even something as simple as an iron halo.

i like it alot!

but the torso is a little to small.

another problem problem: no chest eagles during the heresy

ianyways: finsh it. it looks very promising

greetz tagsta

another problem problem: no chest eagles during the heresy

Does it count as a chest eagle? There are only wings....

for your model yes most everyone looking well know that at the time of the cursade only the E.C were permitted to adorn there armour with the imperial aquilla. I also think you have to bulk out the chest to match the legs.

If you want to be historical correct then you shold probably throw away the whole Mk. 8 Breast plate :huh: .

But I really like it and I would drop the whole correctness idea and keep it as it is. It looks good.

Since it's kinda unfluffy, drop the Gulliman idea...

and use him as Calgar!

I mean, seriously, he looks like a grittier, less "monk-ley" Marneus. Add some more Ultramarines icongraphy and BOOM! Your own personal, custom Chapter Master of the Ultramarines Marneus Calgar.

Angron is planned, I've got the basics worked out for him. However Pertubero is next in line. As for bulking out the chest I think what needs doing is more detail to bring it in line with the legs rather than extra volume.

Finally someone is making Gulliman. Ultras were my first marines i painted. I like what you've done so far but there are afew things that seem off.

Definatley change the head, it's too recognisable now as the sergent head and its' in the older large scale. Basically looks pretty poor compared with the new heads from the revamped kits.
That's what I was thinking, but i would also sculpt some hair onto whatever head you use.
You could sculpt pecs on the armour, with an ultramarine symbol in the centre.
I like that idea, it ties in very well with the Roman-esque theme of the ultras. If you need some inspiration look at ancient roman and greek soldiers.

I'm not really sure about the backpack it doesn't have a primach 'feel' to it, I think a custom made one would look better. That's all the nitpicking from me.

I like you shoulder pads but what is really tops is the drum fed bolters ;)

Aciid

All of the Primarchs had their own version of a Uber Power Sword - Axe, Scythe, etc. It would have been something even greater demons would fear, especially in the hands of someone as capable as a primarch...

Guilliman used a sword and shield. One can only assume it was his favored wargear as he fought and died to Fulgrim in battle using them, had he thought the boxin gloves would have been better..

Either way the marine looks nice, but it does kinda just look like a non-termie calgar

Archived