Gulliman wip

cormack

About the imperial aquilla on his chest....I'm pretty sure that only the EC being allowed to adorn their armour with it was limited to normal space marines only, and that the Primarchs were exempt from this rule...you know..being primarchs n all...

Btw, there is an excellent illustration of what I thought at first was roboute guilliman...in the Horus Heresy Vol III: visioins of treachary on page thirty nine, it is actually infact an Ultramarines Captain, but I think there are a lot of possible ideas for your conversion based on his armour, even if not is a cool pic to check out, and well done on the model it looks great, although i do agree that the head is a bit off, i think its far too common a head to be used for Roboute, but maybe if you sculpted some hair onto it.... :wacko:

anyway well done :P

--BCA--

Nice work. I think that the head is good, just add a blond flat top GS hair cut. The only head that might be better would be one without bionics and a blond flat top. After all they were Primarchs, they didn't need bionics!

Ardus.

I really like it!

If you still need ideas for including more stuff, I'd recommend putting a laurel on his head, and a small circular "shield" with the Ultramarine "U" on the front of his left shoulderpad. An Iron Halo on the backpack wouldn't go wrong, either. :P

its pretty good. I really enjoy the idea of modeling Primarchs and Roboute is a relatively easy start. Although I think there would be a certain ammount of pride and honor in Guilliman's armour. That just isn't represented in this mini yet. Make it your own...he should look much more venerable...he's been around the block a bit.

very cool, but didnt guilliman use a sword during his fight against the alpha legion..? im not sure that would make a good guilliman but he would make a great captain or something for your ultra marine, great work man!

Very nice model! I agree with modifying the MK.8 chest plate - keep it, but a omega symbol instead of the central vent. The backpack could be a bit more ornate though, and a cape would make him look a lot more regal. (Him being all lord-like and whatnot.) I really love the Gauntlets though!

Consider using a few more Marneus Calgar bits though. Calgar's Ultramarine Iron Halo would look absolutely fantastic here. I like the head, but it does look too much like the boxed squad Sergeant. You'll want something really distinctive, although I can't think of many other things that'd look as good. Maybe the head off the SM Veteran with dual powerfists?

If this has been asked before, sorry, I'm a little lazy and I can't be bothered to read through all the post.

Any chance of another view that shows more detail of the models right side? I'm just curious as to how you sculpted/converted a closed right handed power fist. Great fig BTW.

I agree with the fact Gulliman got them, but I never thought he used them. From the IA artical, it says he used a power sword reforged from a sword from his past. ((I think like his 'father's' sword or something))

Just my thoughts though, I love the grenade to bolter conversion, wish I did it on my wolf lord. Anyways, great mini, and hurry up and get to RUss! :P

Archived